Only 99 days

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Only 99 days

Post by Topper » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:36 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm
Topper wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:20 pm
Topper wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:30 pm
Reality is, the US market is slowing and the US recently won a softwood dispute. Horgan's screw over of license transfers would have eased things a bit, but the market is drying up.
I would think that house prices crashing and stumpage fees have played a role not to mention angering our neighbors to the direct east. The business I’m in is taking a boot in the nuts with the mining slowdowns and mill closures right now.
Mining has been a dead business since October 2008. I attend a couple of large Mineral Exploration conferences each year. For the past 4 years, in addition to the overall slowdown, investor confidence in developing a project in BC on a reasonable time line has disappeared.

Time value of money is the weapon of choice for those protesting a project.
There seems to be a push on mine development in the yukon since i was last up here. Lots of mining outfits all rigged out with crews heading up. Ige been in to a half dozen so far since i came and theyre all fairly large operations.
A friendlier investment policy than down south?
Like BC, there are a few large exploration projects that get funded. Yukon has always had a much more favourable permitting process.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:04 pm

Is there anyone more fucking useless than David Eby?

Lost yet another court decision. This time ICBC.

Oh, folks taking home >$15K/year at the insurance corp has drastically increased since 2016, although down a bit from a year ago.

Next court case will kill all his unconstitutional changes to the way ICBC operates.

5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by 5thhorseman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:17 pm

Topper wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:04 pm
Is there anyone more fucking useless than David Eby?

Lost yet another court decision. This time ICBC.

Oh, folks taking home >$15K/year at the insurance corp has drastically increased since 2016, although down a bit from a year ago.

Next court case will kill all his unconstitutional changes to the way ICBC operates.
Is this the one where he was trying to limit the number of expert witnesses allowed? Struck down because he had no authority over court processes. You would think he'd know that or at least get some legal advice first! What a moron!

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Yes, next up is the court decision on his plan to cap payouts for pain and suffering.