A Sacrifice to the hockey gods?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Should the Tuna be sacrificed and gutted before the Dec 3rd game?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 14

Puck
MVP
MVP

Re: A Sacrifice to the hockey gods?

Post by Puck »

Good points, Strange, but it still comes down to over-inflating Tuna's importance. If we declare it to be a true 'sacrifice', then we've elevated his worth beyond its true value. How can losing a Leaf fan really be a sacrifice?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Give me a pestle and I'll find a mortar.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:You might be right AP.... hockey gods don't I assume like that kind of thing. Maybe the hockey gods can give us a sign???
How's this for a billboard
Island Nucklehead wrote:Now that I live in Ontario, the PT starts kill me. Thankfully the Canucks are playing the leaves tomorrow.

Gives the Dude a legitimate reason to start drinking at noon.
Ottawa. We might've scored a goal.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Puck wrote: How can losing a Leaf fan really be a sacrifice?
Excellent point! :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Puck wrote:Good points, Strange, but it still comes down to over-inflating Tuna's importance. If we declare it to be a true 'sacrifice', then we've elevated his worth beyond its true value. How can losing a Leaf fan really be a sacrifice?
The hockey gods must be appeased!

They can't be happy with us letting a flaming Leafer run amok...

btw one vote (Tuna's) must be deducted from the 'No' total :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tuna's troll game is strong and he should have been banned long ago. Mods kept him around to be used as a punching bag for his joke of a franchise.

Banning him now that the tables have turned would be poor form.
How have "the tables turned"?

You haven't been drinking the water over there have you? :shock:

You were right in saying "he should have been banned long ago"

... WE NEED TO REPENT!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: How have "the tables turned"?
As in, we're in the basement these days.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

BigTuna wrote:
Rocky Dennis wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I'm willing to bet the leaves finish higher in the standings this year. Remember, without that winning streak the last 3 games, the Canucks could have finished 30th. The leaves have now surpassed them in talent.
How has nobody jumped on this yet?
No matter, I’ll take that bet yesterday.
Should we say $20? I’m much more confident than that but $20 won’t get me riled up much when you inevitably welch on the bet. It’s more of a pride thing anyways. Even if I didn't follow hockey I'd jump all over this, what with the 100% inaccuracy of anything and EVERYTHING you've ever predicted regarding the Laughs.

Oh, and never mind the Canucks are at a disadvantage as they play in a better division.
Never mind the Canucks are at a disadvantage as they reside in the vastly superior Western Conference.
Never mind the Canucks are at a disadvantage because of a travel schedule that is infinitely worse and that, without a doubt, contributes to the team’s usually absurd amount of man-games lost most years.

That’s right, we won’t bother trying to handicap these disparities. I’ll give it to you straight up; however, if you are so cocksure of yourself and the Laughs, you can make up for these inequalities by sweetening the pot some. Let's say putting your future posting here at the Corner on the line as well. Not a complete banishment but when you lose, in addition to the $20, you don’t post anything even remotely leaves related here at the Corner again. Ever. Then the mods can go ahead and close this thread permanently unless Ol Paddy is going to take up the Laughs mantle or if Doc continues to need a outlet for his unbridled TO hatred.

So what say you? Are you ready to back up your jive-talking, jive turkey?
Deal!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10464&start=1425

We are, at least for now, out of the downward spiral of a nine game losing streak (which is when this talk of turning Tuna into sashimi began) so I say no need to sacrifice the Tuna...at this point in time. I suggest we just let nature take it's course and, as usual, let Tuna take himself down. I hate to quote myself, but let's not forget he has placed a wager on this season that included his future posting at the Corner. Once the Canucks finish better than the leaves, he will be at the mercy of the Board and at nobody's fault but his own. As per the bet, it's not even a banishment, he just would be banned from Leaf trolling - which would kind of be great in itself. To come to your favourite trolling station and not be able to throw your line in the water but instead forced to wallow around these forums in pure indignity. However, if it comes to pass that the Board decides they want to bleed him out on the stone altar after losing said bet, it wouldn't make much difference because he never posts anything but Leaf garbage anyways. Truth be told, i don't think we see him much of him, if at all, should the leaves finish behind the Canucks.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Loving the fact that only 13 people bothered to respond -> LOL @ Tuna!!

(only 5 voted to put him out of his misery)

If he were a top-notch troll dozens would have voted to rip his heart out!

Tuna remains (until his inevitable meltdown?) so folks can continue to torture him slooowly.

Great hockey gods, you are a nasty lot! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.