Yudel......old.........er

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Yudel......old.........er

Post by Strangelove »

Fucking birthdays
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Tonight for my birthday my wife and I went to Yaletown in Vancouver. Went to Greek by Antonio.

Started with saganaki which is goat cheese and man was it good.

Ordered 3 lamb chops, mussels and vegan moussaka, not an egg plant lover so it really didn't tickle my fancy but the rest of the food was freaking fantastic. The chesses was unbelievable, the lamb, I can't say enough. Not even a huge mussel lover but I ate 10 of them. Total bill with tip was only $180 for 2 of us and half of that was alcohol.

Highly recommend this restaurant, really good food and prices, you don't go home hungry.

The only thing is the music was a little to loud and not everyone likes Drake,screw Toronto.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Top, I feel bad for you.

As a eater of fine food I really enjoy good food. I'm not sure if a chief enjoys food like someone who eats
it, if you know what I mean? Tonight's food are the small things in your life you really enjoy, not sure how much a chief understands how they can impact a persons day by good food?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reef, I cook because I love food and love cooking good food for family and friends. Chefs (not chiefs) at fine dining, cook with a passion that few diners could understand.

I can cook a lot of different food types but my preference is for very clean simple food.

Believe it or not, tonight was mac and cheese with my 6 year old son. Bacon, charred corn, roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, smoked paprika into a bechemel. Melt in stilton and aged cheddar, combine with aldente Barilla macaroni.

While that was happening I roasted whole chicken and made salsa fresca for the lactose intolerant wife for when she came in.

When we go out for dinner there are a few things I'm looking for. Properly cooked food, a nice atmosphere and good service. The latter two are probably more important to me unless the food is really bad.

A few years ago there was an Italian joint opened up in town. I looked at the menu they posted in the window prior to opening and wasn't very impressed. 4 types of pasta, 4 sauces (2 red/2 white), 4 proteins. They mixed and matched throughout. Then there was a very small list of entres and appys.

Finally we went, I had mussels in a basil cream sauce appy, real simple but very well executed. KEEP THE BREAD COMING, soak up that sauce. Entre was snapper putanesca, spaghetini with garlic and olive oil, again, extremely simple and extremely well executed. Service from the owner was attentive and polite.

There it was, simple well executed food and good service...a year later the owner gave the business to his son, quality became hit and miss, service dropped, finally one night my 3 yr old son sent back his inedible plate of gnocchi. Soon after, the place shuttered.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

My spelling is bad because I drank 3/4 of a bottle of wine.

That's not mac and cheese that I grew up with.

Just wanted to say that good food is sometimes one of the best things in life. My wife makes Japanese steak, I pre cook and she finishes it off in the Japanese sauce, damn is it good.

Just hope that a chef understands how good their food is.

Also at the restaurant the mussels were amazing and the quantity was huge for what we paid.

You can spend 2-3 hours cooking and 20 minutes to eat it.

The lamb tonight was perfect.

Normally I don't go on about a restaurant but sometimes a night is extra good and you just need to share it.

So Tops you don't cook at all in a restaurant anymore? Shame because your recipes always sounds delicious.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

You're drunk

on 3/4 of a bottle of wine

You precook steaks

You're drunk

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:You're drunk

You precook steaks

You're drunk

I'm 50 give me a break.

I BBQ top grade steaks half way then she fries in a pan. The reason we do it this way is that the steaks are thick. Normally they are much thinner and you only fry it. I guess I could ask for thinner cuts.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

or learn to cook

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:or learn to cook
She doesn't feel comfortable cooking it from raw so I start on a BBQ.

But seriously who wouldn't be somewhat drunk on 3/4 bottle of wine?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Reefer2 wrote:
Topper wrote:or learn to cook
She doesn't feel comfortable cooking it from raw so I start on a BBQ.

But seriously who wouldn't be somewhat drunk on 3/4 bottle of wine?
You mean 3-4 right?

I will do nothing but grill steaks on the BBQ. Why wouldn't you just keep them on there?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reefer2 wrote: She doesn't feel comfortable cooking it from raw so...
So you fluff the meat for her :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol 3/4 of a bottle of wine and Reef is shittered.

Maybe if I mixed in a few martinis and a dozen beer with the 3/4 bottle. What exactly is the point of saving that mouthful of wine ? Is that left over for a future marinade when you pan fry (yuck) your next chuck steak?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”