Hockey Pool Team Needed

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Hockey Pool Team Needed

Post by vic »

Yes, I checked with a board admin before posted this and was given the green light...
------------------------------

We had someone drop out of our hockey pool this year, it's a keeper league that's been running for 7 (maybe even 8) years now...

If anyone wants more info, let me know - here's the basics

Format: Keeper - Head to Head
Score Keeper: ESPN
Entry: $50
Teams: 20
Roster size: 18 players
Active Roster (week by week) - 12 players - min 3 defense, min/max 1 goalie
Points: basic - 1 pt for a G/A ; 3 pt for a goalie W; 2 extra pt for a goalie SO; 1 pt for a goalie OT/SO loss
Salary Cap: $100 - players acquired through a silent auction.

Building your team is quite complicated to explain, but once you understand how it works, it's very easy.

We're starting to build teams on Sept 10 and it takes about a month to complete, we require a commitment of about 15 minutes max per day to check on trade requests, drafting and auction. I think most of the hard-core owners spend about 2-3 hours a day coming up with scenarios, but the average team will spend about 30 mins spread throughout the day.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll send over the rules - we have an member of this board already in the pool - he joined 2 or 3 years ago and has been active since.