Vancouver Transit Referendum

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver Transit Referendum

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Kind of an elitist article but not surprising coming from Mcmartin who is an old cronie of Gregor's .

People are sick of Translink and their piss poor decisions and lack of accountability . It should be an elected board not an appointed board . Fire the works of these clowns .

It doesn't matter really because they will get their money somehow but having some holier than thou asshole like Mcmartin calling me out because I drive a vehicle is a bit nauseating . The bus system is broken and until now my neighboorhood was 20 k from the nearest skytrain station . Was he sitting on Gregors cock when he penned this diatribe ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Still having problems with reading comprehension Blob? I thought much of the article outlined how misguided the referendum was and how a small elitist area that is well served by transit and Gregor's greenie weenie ism failed to understand the rest of the region.

After the HST debacle (and I'm still staunchly in favour of the HST), why would anyone put a tax increase to a referendum and expect it to win?

Folks south of the Fraser already hate the Port Mann and Golden Ears tolls, why would they vote for a tax increase?

Being from outa town, I love all the work on Hwy 1 into Vancouver and gladly pay the toll to avoid the bottleneck from 264th in when I have to hit the big smoke.

To get to Deka, do you pick up the party gals at Mt Currie instead of running the canyon?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Scroll down to the 6th and 7th paragraphs. Mcmartin is basically saying we are a bunch of misinformed sheep who don't know the first thing about Translink . It's arrogant and condescending in its tone .
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Scroll down to the 6th and 7th paragraphs. Mcmartin is basically saying we are a bunch of misinformed sheep who don't know the first thing about Translink . It's arrogant and condescending in its tone .
But he's right, and it was so evident talking to friends of mine that were so admently against the tax increase, they have no idea other than what people keep posting on FaceBook about CEO's and Faregates. Y'know opinions and articles about as informed as an reading about pH basic diet that will cure cancer.

It's on the interweb so it must be true!!

He wrote this back in March as well:
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/metro/ ... story.html

Forest > trees
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah that is great AP but a half percent is a drop of piss in the ocean of what is really needed . The main point is losers like Greg Moore shouldn't be making any decisions about transit in this region . He is a fucking idiot . I think the majority of the public believes the whole system needs an overhaul . Just blindly throwing good money after bad isn't solving anything . There is no transparency with this group .