Wine

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Wine

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Been into the Pinot Noir's lately. Got recommended a Pinot from the Okanagan called Helios today at Everyday Wines. Any recommendations in the Pinot Noir's?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Wine

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Royal Red is good stuff Pacific Blue.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

gotta kick ya out of the cool club now bro.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Go for quantity... after a half dozen mugs full...it all tastes the same

Something with a handle to carry it back to the trailer
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:gotta kick ya out of the cool club now bro.
Good stuff skyo...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Go for quantity... after a half dozen mugs full...it all tastes the same

Something with a handle to carry it back to the trailer
Yeah the dude should just make his own . He probably pounds back a few bottles a night and doesn't even remember what the hell he drank . Wakes up with purple teeth and an aching dome.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

alright...dumb question. Back to Hells Gate and Port Moody Andres boxed wine
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wow - Andres is still around? :D

I remember we had a company field trip there once (they were a client) - what a mistake. Way too many alcoholics working in one place to be given free wine.

Apparently it cost them 25¢ per bottle to make (back in the day). Tasted like it, too.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

No they are not there anymore. I believe they are Pellars Estate now, not 100% sure. Ask Blob MacKenzie, he'll no, the winery used to back up to the backyard of the house he grew up in, in Ioco there. Blobby learned his drinking craft by breaking in to Andres back then, sponge up all the spillage around the vats and bottle it for all the wild bush parties up at Burke Mountain.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BC wines are ridiculously overpriced. BC is not a great environment for the pinot grape. try Oregon and New Zealand for new world. There a re a few from Sicily (pinot nero). Try offerings from Planeta.

Watch Sideways, feel pompass.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:No they are not there anymore. I believe they are Pellars Estate now, not 100% sure. Ask Blob MacKenzie, he'll no, the winery used to back up to the backyard of the house he grew up in, in Ioco there. Blobby learned his drinking craft by breaking in to Andres back then, sponge up all the spillage around the vats and bottle it for all the wild bush parties up at Burke Mountain.
Buds I am in Po Compton . Not rich enough for Port Moody .

Never have been a big wine drinker and prefer a good white but will have a Shiraz or a Syrah with pasta .

Some great parties back in the orchards on Burke Mountain back in the day pacific blue .
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Are the logs still out there at sasamat?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Oh and for mainstream reds try and find Wolf Blass private reserve cab-sauv out of Oz...between 2010 and 12

For high end, the best I've ever tried was called Ornellaia. if you can find a '97 it'll be as pricey (I paid like 250- 15 years ago) as hell but holy fuck is it unreal

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenuta_Dell%27Ornellaia
Edit-just looked it up and its 800 a bottle now lol. Rated one of the best Tuscan Bordeaux's ever. Fuck me me and a buddy bought 3 of those and drank them in one nigh . Fuck around
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Are the logs still out there at sasamat?
Haven't been there in years . I prefer Buntzen Lake myself .
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Are the logs still out there at sasamat?
Wow, I learned to canoe on Sasamat back when it was a hike down off the road and there may be 6 families there on a sunny summer Sunday. Can't imagine what it is like now.

When I was very young my folks had a piece of property at Belcara so we spent a bunch of time killing star fish on the rocks at Belcara Park. Sadly the folks had to sell the land during a protracted IWA enforced holiday. Don't think I've been out that way since the mid '70s.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.