Ottawa

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Ottawa

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:They should have received more handouts . It's the governments fault for not taxing the banks and big corporations enough . They just want to be heard . Sorry. I thought I logged in as ukcanuck
Fuck you blob

Don't put words in my mouth on something like this, a good man died asshole...

Stick to sucking beer you fat bastard .\/.
Look who has their carpet in a knot.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

Action in the parliament buildings during the shooting.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:Well the connection would be 2 separate nuts targeting Canadian military personnel in 2 days.

(vehicular homicide the other day in Quebec and the shootings today in Ottawa)

Well 2 separate muslim extremist nuts. :look:

Well 2 DEAD muslim extremist nuts.

Muslim extremist groups have no doubt been encouraging lone nuts to attack Canadian military personnel

... in response to Canada's decision to join the fight against ISIS in Iraq.

Nutty.

A problem I see is there seems to be an increasing ISIS fandom in Canada/US, where many people are converting, FBI etc need to catch these fools and be on high alert taking all the info avail. cause typically there is always some report/tip a week prior before these terrorist events happen.

News1130 said:
There are reports Michael Zehaf Bibeau was angry re: failing to get a passport, struggled w addiction. Report he ranted about hating Canada.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:They should have received more handouts .
You know, in all honestly this fool should have been figuring out what direction to orient his prayer mat in from Riverview.. seems like the obvious cause to me.

It's just the model for public health these days.. crack addict, mentally ill, committing violent crimes and literally pleading for jail time.. fuck you, go pay for rehab. Or wait until it turns into the catastrophe and the government has no choice to intervene; usually with an ambulance ride to VGH or St Pauls but in this case it came from the barrel of an RCMP firearm (apparently) after this wackjob up and killed a guy.

As far as I'm concerned the religious aspect UK is all worked into a lather about (have a beer man, jesus) is more a symptom than anything.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah, as I say, just some nut.

Alotta nuts are suckers for a "surrender to your inner self-righteous bloodthirsty yearnings" philosophy.

Yeah, you know, dat dere philosophy that's preached a lot by folks like ISIS, Hamas.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is has given the lone nuts a cause celeb

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:Yeah, as I say, just some nut.

Alotta nuts are suckers for a "surrender to your inner self-righteous bloodthirsty yearnings" militantly religious philosophy.

Yeah, you know, dat dere philosophy religion that's preached a lot by folks like ISIS, Hamas.
;)
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Prayers to the soldiers and their families. It is funny how history changes. Just 45 years ago many in my generation held the idea of being a soldier in contempt and many others rallied and protested the unjust wars in Vietnam, Cambodia and so on. Now the world is full of bumper stickers telling us to thank a vet if we value our freedom.

I am not going to pretend i have any idea what is right or wrong. Being a soldier who goes to war nowadays is kind of like abortion. It is an individual choice and the choice often leads to feelings for life. Not always but often. I am glad I never joined the US army back in 68 when they were recruiting at the PNE. I talked to the recruiter but we ended up making fun of him as that was the times.

As many of you know I live in the US and was in NYC downtown on 9/11. I still do not feel what we are doing in the Middle East is righteous and as to thanking a vet for my freedom I will hunt down any WW2 vet I can and sincerely say thanks. It ends there though. The Iraqi and Afghani Navy (yeah...right?) has not torpedoed our ships nor has their airforce bombed our cities so.....

Still, I do acknowledge that war is attractive to younger men, and there is generally a real need for soldiers if we wait long enough. It just has not happened for a while.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

One Party Leader can't take the pressure
..... but then she's just woman.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:One Party Leader can't take the pressure
..... but then she's just woman.
Can you really fire someone for their "sexual behaviour" in Canada? I mean... Jian Ghomeshi hasn't been found guilty of anything yet (although I think he probably is). Almost sounds like a Charter violation.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Most definitely he can be fired for this. His role is as a public spokesperson and his name and face are used by the CBC to promote his show. His, now public, personal life (after all, he wrote about it on Facebook for all to see) is counter to the CBC brand and they have every right to terminate him and distance themselves from him.

http://business.financialpost.com/2014/ ... the-truth/
and
http://business.financialpost.com/2014/ ... wsuit-cbc/

I'm more appalled by a party leader, someone who's goal is to become Prime Minister wilting like a little vegan hippie girl under the pressure of last week in Ottawa.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:Most definitely he can be fired for this. His role is as a public spokesperson and his name and face are used by the CBC to promote his show. His, now public, personal life (after all, he wrote about it on Facebook for all to see) is counter to the CBC brand and they have every right to terminate him and distance themselves from him.
My tongue was planted firmly in cheek. God knows were Jian's was. ;)
Topper wrote:I'm more appalled by a party leader, someone who's goal is to become Prime Minister wilting like a little vegan hippie girl under the pressure of last week in Ottawa.
Oh okay, now you're having a laugh. :lol:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:I'm more appalled by a party leader, someone who's goal is to become Prime Minister wilting like a little vegan hippie girl under the pressure of last week in Ottawa.
Tell me about it. Someone who aspires to be PM joined the Green Party? :crazy:
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

dbr wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Tell me about it. Someone who aspires to be PM joined the Green Party? :crazy:
What difference do political leanings make if some woman is approaching PerioMenopausal?
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

PerioMenopausal?

Is that why Harper is so cold?