Israeli–Palestinian conflict

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: From your wiki link,
I'm not making this shot up.
Israel is not innocent or a true democratic state that guarantees rights and privileges for all its citizens.
Yeah, we can post snippets that slant the truth in various ways from "my link" all day long.

And we can post links to propaganda sites on both sides all day long.

But I'd rather focus on the specific lies that I called you out on.

I'm intrigued as to the "why" brah.

Yeah, I can't fathom the "why".

For example, show me where Topper said anything like:

“the ultimate endgame of what the isrealis are doing is annihilation”

(btw isn't the STATED ultimate endgame of what the PALESTINIANS are doing... "annihilation")

But yeahno, you’re not getting off the hook that easy bro.

I want you to address each and every alleged lie in point form forthwith.

Thanks in advance!
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ukcanuck wrote:

And this
First one, 3:35 minutes into this video.

Coordinates were given to 3300 palestianians civilians to take refuge at 6 schools "17" times by the Israelis before they flattened the buildings-claiming they didnt know...

There is the claim that Hamas uses human shields... Maybe that is true, but this incident makes Israel just as bad if not worse because they claim to be an enlightened society.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Jews and Muslims lived side by side for centuries, it wasn't unti the fall of Turks and the Balfour declaration in London that the war between the two started.

It is true that both religions claim the same spot on the map for their holiest of holy ground but an international presence in Jerusalem could work out a compromise. Something similar to the Vatican. Independent country adminstered by a tribunal of Jews, Muslims and Christians.

The trouble is right now Israel doesn't have to compromise because we support and arm them.

Muslims are not inherently evil not is their religion any more or less intolerant than Jews or Christians. The problem is that palestianians are stateless. The have nowhere to go and are held virtually as prisoners.

If Israel created a roadmap to citizenship, and ordinary folk could earn the right to abide where already work anyway. You might find that that would do more than all the bombs and barbed wire put together.

It works in Canada.

Oh and Mëds, you are just an emergency responder, you don't get to choose who needs, you just delver the care.
As with all religions there is a component of Islam that can be twisted by those who want to have a reason for wiping someone else out. History has proven that much. Right now that religion is the one being used to foster terror and fear. You'll note that I also mentioned that the Jews are doing what they believe their religion directs them to do when it comes to claiming their promised land. I wasn't just throwing this all at the feet of the Palestinian Muslims.

But even still, I don't think that Palestinians would accept that.

As for something like the Vatican.....in North America we can't even get a group or, largely secular, politicians to agree on things and govern with any kind of real cooperation. Good luck getting a three religious views to work together when they are fundamentally opposed to each other at the core of their beliefs.

And as for being "just an emergency responder", that would be a coupla levels below me at this point.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: You want to use statistics that are unsubstantiated and most likely taken out of context to bomb Isis to justify how our beliefs are better than theirs?
I could use the same tactics to paint Christians as evil people if I cared to. If you asked most Christians, I'd say a higher percentage than 64% would say they believed the bible to be from God, then all I'd have to do is point to the passage where it says homosexuality is a sin and the passage where sinners should be put to death and extrapolate that 64 percent of Christians think gays should be shot.
And I would say you are really reaching, and also know nothing about Christianity. But what else should we expect from an overseas ESL teacher..... :roll:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: I work in a muslim owned and operated British curriculum private school populated almost entirely by muslim school children (nearly 6000 students all studying to pass British high school standards. 3000 of which are female. All of these kids are heading for university.
So you're basically training their sleeper agents how to blend in with western society while making it easier for them to actually get into their target countries.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: I work in a muslim owned and operated British curriculum private school populated almost entirely by muslim school children (nearly 6000 students all studying to pass British high school standards. 3000 of which are female. All of these kids are heading for university.
So you're basically training their sleeper agents how to blend in with western society while making it easier for them to actually get into their target countries.
That was a joke right?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Ummmm UK, the folks in the Westbank are not interested in becoming citizens of a country that doesn't exist

(in their minds).

What THE FUCK is wrong with you...
Lol I don't think I could list all the things that are wrong with me!

I know it sounds like a stretch but the alternative is much worse.
Annihilation
of a people who lived in that region for centuries even if you must call them squatters is more than ridiculous.
Annihilation is not an alternative at all, let alone "the only other alternative". :hmmm:

The rest of your post was all over the map (literally and figuratively).

Did you know that one out of every five Israeli citizens is a palestinian/arab/muslim?

The palestinians/arabs/muslims who are in the Palestinan territories refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist.

Israel has never had any other choice than to "fight fire with fire" as far as those palestinans are concerned

I figured some FACTS might piss you off. Aint it awful when the real world does not agree with your passionate opinions?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hey dBm....my mars comment was directed only at the migration of humans to north america from Europe.

I am slightly offended that you used the holocaust in reference to it..... :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: You want to use statistics that are unsubstantiated and most likely taken out of context to bomb Isis to justify how our beliefs are better than theirs?
I could use the same tactics to paint Christians as evil people if I cared to. If you asked most Christians, I'd say a higher percentage than 64% would say they believed the bible to be from God, then all I'd have to do is point to the passage where it says homosexuality is a sin and the passage where sinners should be put to death and extrapolate that 64 percent of Christians think gays should be shot.
And I would say you are really reaching, and also know nothing about Christianity. But what else should we expect from an overseas ESL teacher..... :roll:
Of course its a reach that's the whole point, so are the stats that say 60 percent believe that Muslims who try to leave should be killed... It's the same kind of reach

The Koran was written at a time when everyone was killing over the word of God.
The bible also has some nasty shit old school stonings and eye for eye stuff in it.
And there are plenty of fundemtal Christians out there who would answer a poll saying they believe wholeheartedly in everything said in there, but that doesn't mean Christians believe in stoning people over adultery anymore.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ukcanuck wrote: Of course its a reach that's the whole point, so are the stats that say 60 percent believe that Muslims who try to leave should be killed... It's the same kind of reach
Washingto Post: "64 percent of Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan support the death penalty for leaving Islam"
The Koran was written at a time when everyone was killing over the word of God.
The bible also has some nasty shit old school stonings and eye for eye stuff in it.
And there are plenty of fundemtal Christians out there who would answer a poll saying they believe wholeheartedly in everything said in there, but that doesn't mean Christians believe in stoning people over adultery anymore.
Excellent point. Who IS still cutting off heads and tearing around the Middle East on genocidal quests fuelled by religious beliefs? THIS is the critical point. We could also get into what the POPE has recently said about gays ("who am I to judge") and you can't help but notice a stark contrast between one crazy religion at least trying to move into modernity, and another crazy religion that has a significant faction trying to violently force humans back into the 600's.

You're lucky you live in the UAE (as opposed to say Baghdad). They've done some neat things with their oil money. They still regularly practice torture and severely restrict their people's freedoms, and have laws on the books authorizing the death penalty for leaving Islam. They've also put Non-Muslim people in jail for years for spitting on the Koran. Jail. For spitting on a book.

I had a pit-stop in Dubai on may way out of Afghanistan. I found the different standards pretty funny. European soccer moms in mini-skirts pushing strollers through the Mall of the Emirates alongside women in their best bee-keeping gear trailing behind their men. Hit up the second floor and into the tequila bar overlooking the ski hill. Got pretty drunk and one of my buddies forgot his passport in the taxi, he lost a couple days in the Philippines because of that one. So yeah some countries are better than others, but UAE has what, like 10 million people? Afghanistan has 30 million and Pakistan 180 million. Try wearing a mini-skirt in Kandahar or Peshawar... The UAE, for all their fancy, first-world amenities and facade of modernity, is still just a drop in the bucket. And while some of these countries might appear to be keen on being good citizens of the global commons, there's also the fact that much of the money and support for the crazy whack-jobs in ISIS comes from places like Qatar (world's richest country per capita and highest Human development in the Muslim World).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote: But I'd rather focus on the specific lies that I called you out on.

I'm intrigued as to the "why" brah.

Yeah, I can't fathom the "why".

I want you to address each and every alleged lie in point form forthwith.

First one, 3:35 minutes into this video.

Coordinates were given to 3300 palestianians civilians to take refuge at 6 schools "17" times by the Israelis before they flattened the buildings-claiming they didnt know...

There is the claim that Hamas uses human shields... Maybe that is true, but this incident makes Israel just as bad if not worse because they claim to be an enlightened society.
Hmmm so you're running with a completely unsubstantiated claim by some senator in Ireland?

A guy (David Norris) who is on record for calling Israel...

"an extreme right-wing regime that is behaving in the most criminal fashion"

A guy who said....

"Hamas had nothing to do with the murder of those three Israeli kids"

(since that statement, Hamas has admitted to the murders) :roll:

A guy who said....

"Israel created Hamas"

http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas.ie/ ... 4073100015

THAT guy??!! :scowl:

Ummmm yeah, like I say, you're spreading lies bro.

FACT: Israel warns palestinians to clear areas before they launch retaliatory strikes.

This moron you're quoting claims the opposite.

Not sure why an ordinarily well-researched intelligent man such as yourself would run with this.

Equally disturbing is that an upstanding Catholic such as yourself would swallow whatever this guys spews.

This guy is a gay politician who called Pope JP "wicked" and "an instrument for evil".

This guy is a gay politician who believes the laws should be changed to allow for "sex with minors".

This guy is a gay politician whose former lover was convicted of raping a 15-year-old Palestinian boy.

This guy asked the court for clemency for his former lover in that case of pedophilia.

(he told the court that if pedophilia was good enough for the ancient Greeks, it should be good enough for us)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Norris_(politician)

And yet YOU stand before us in this forum, naked, hand-in-hand with this twisted lying fuck!

Politics makes strange bedfellows... EH? :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

rats19 wrote:Hey dBm....my mars comment was directed only at the migration of humans to north america from Europe.

I am slightly offended that you used the holocaust in reference to it..... :crazy:
Please do not be offended. If no one has told you lately, I love you and think nothing but good thoughts when I see rats19 up here. However, the numbers are eerily similar and that has as much to do with my remark as the actual reference you made.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote: If no one has told you lately, I love you and think nothing but good thoughts when I see rats19 up here.
UMMMM you do realize Mr Rats19 is 15 years old right? :scowl:

Dirty fucking Irish....
____
Try to focus on someday.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote:
damonberryman wrote: If no one has told you lately, I love you and think nothing but good thoughts when I see rats19 up here.
UMMMM you do realize Mr Rats19 is 15 years old right? :scowl:

Dirty fucking Irish....
Is that you mean by 'strangelove'?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote: Is that you mean by 'strangelove'?
You wish. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.