My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: My Truck...

Post by BladesofSteel »

donlever wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:43 pmGag....
… it can’t be that bad.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Nah, you're right, thought about tossing an Every Day is a Winding Road in there myself actually.

But I gagged earlier at Corns murder pun so thought I'd carry suit is all...
DeLevering since 1999.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

BladesofSteel wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:16 pm
Per wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:07 am
Topper wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:18 pm :shock: :shock: :shock:
BladesofSteel wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:29 am
Topper wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:38 pm Smacked a crow yesterday, cracked the plastic panel between the headlight and the bumper and tore the fender trim loose around the wheel well.

Still better shape than the crow.
I hit a crow with my old 323 on my way to BCIT many moons ago. Fuct up the grill/right side head lamp. Sounded like a ran over a pop can.

So Fuckin weird the mass flock of crows that takes place in Burnaby.
Damage turned out worse, all 3 headlight mount broke, grill surround is cracked, fender needs a repaint, plastic wrap around bumper is cracked.

Six inches lower and he would have hit the steel aftermarket bumper and there would be no damage.
Must've been a hell of a crow! :o
Was it Sheryl?
If it makes you happy.
Well... all I wanna do is have some fun.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Just like Steve Mcqueen
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Looks like the Tundra I ordered in December 2021 will be coming in 2023 now. I was given a chance to get something slightly different to what I spec'd as early as January, but declined. I would have had to pay a bit more for feature I didn't want as well as a different color. I'm already maxed out on price.

Salesman told me that the queue is 3.6 years, so anyone ordering now is looking at 2025. Insane.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

No wonder they keep trotting out those old outdated engines.

It should be a major embarrassment that Chevrolet and ford engines have far more efficient options than the Toyota (North America) versions
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:04 pm No wonder they keep trotting out those old outdated engines.

It should be a major embarrassment that Chevrolet and ford engines have far more efficient options than the Toyota (North America) versions
Yeah, it looks like the Colorado is the small truck to buy these days. We'll see on longevity. My Tacoma is under powered and the gearing, like Toyota's always have been, sucks for low end. Not sure how long all the plastic engine parts last on my Toyota.

Truck comes stock with 31" tires, I run 32's (235/85/16) and lots of folks run 33" but are right at the limits for having to regear their trucks and many have tire rub without lifting and aftermarket upper control arms.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:14 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:04 pm No wonder they keep trotting out those old outdated engines.

Yeah, it looks like the Colorado is the small truck to buy these days. We'll see on longevity. My Tacoma is under powered and the gearing, like Toyota's always have been, sucks for low end. Not sure how long all the plastic engine parts last on my Toyota.

Truck comes stock with 31" tires, I run 32's (235/85/16) and lots of folks run 33" but are right at the limits for having to regear their trucks and many have tire rub without lifting and aftermarket upper control arms.
I've been driving a '22 Colorado gas for about 6 months and am quite impressed so far. I would definitely choose the diesel option as I am not that happy on the gas fuel efficiency (12.2 L/100km)I am getting but that's about 75% city I guess. The power is more than adequate for anything I would need one for.
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:57 am
Topper wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:14 am

I've been driving a '22 Colorado gas for about 6 months and am quite impressed so far. I would definitely choose the diesel option as I am not that happy on the gas fuel efficiency (12.2 L/100km)I am getting but that's about 75% city I guess. The power is more than adequate for anything I would need one for.
Thought only the gas was now available, maybe that is the '23s. Same engine across all platforms.

Got have some fun with my truck the past few days at work going places most only quad to.

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Was informed that the Tundra will be coming in Feb. Only 14 months after I'd ordered, lol. Salesman told me anyone ordering now is looking at 2025.

Cancellations are picking up though. The dealer calls me every few weeks to offer me a slightly different version sooner.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:27 pm Was informed that the Tundra will be coming in Feb. Only 14 months after I'd ordered, lol. Salesman told me anyone ordering now is looking at 2025.

Cancellations are picking up though. The dealer calls me every few weeks to offer me a slightly different version sooner.
Will the option packages you want even be available on a 2025? Wow.

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I got mine a couple of weeks back.

Almost walked as there was a "negotiation" delay due to JT's Sept 1 auto tax increase but we got through it eventually.
DeLevering since 1999.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

BladesofSteel wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:29 am
Topper wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:38 pm Smacked a crow yesterday, cracked the plastic panel between the headlight and the bumper and tore the fender trim loose around the wheel well.

Still better shape than the crow.
I hit a crow with my old 323 on my way to BCIT many moons ago. Fuct up the grill/right side head lamp. Sounded like a ran over a pop can.

So Fuckin weird the mass flock of crows that takes place in Burnaby.
Fellow BCIT grad 8-)
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BCExpat wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:37 am Fellow BCIT grad 8-)
Same here - I wonder how many others?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:07 am
BCExpat wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:37 am Fellow BCIT grad 8-)
Same here - I wonder how many others?
I graduated in 1974 in Building Technology (Architectural Option). I don't think I've been back to the place since - I probably wouldn't recognize it.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra