CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

micky107
CC Legend

Re: CC Random thread

Post by micky107 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:41 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:12 am
micky107 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:24 am

When I was all slimy, upside down, getting my ass slapped, I glared and said; Don't even think it :twisted:
Is that your fetish safe word/phrase?
Just the don't even think it part.
"evolution"

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:59 am

"Hold hands and think pure thoughts"
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Per wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 am
Not sure what you wanted me to respond to.

ImageImage
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 pm

:lol:

If Per cant see it from his or his parents house it isn't really happening though...
nobody forks...with the jesus

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:44 pm
Per wrote:
The protests in Kuala Lumpur in 2010 against Lars Vilks?!

https://www.thelocal.se/20100326/25752

How the hell could I be supposed to know you wanted to talk about that?
Talk about a non sequitor... :roll:

Well, what can I say? The guy drew a dog with a Muhammed face on it, which of course not only violates the Muslim idea that you are not supposed to make pictures of the prophet, but is also insulting because they think dogs are impure for some reason.

That wasn't just a Malaysian thing though, there were protest in many other Muslim countries as well. Not quite as bad as when the Danish newspaper Politiken had a Muhammed drawing contest, but still.

There were threats of boycotting Swedish products, and in Kuala Lumpur quite a crowd gathered outside the Swedish embassy, tore down the flag and burnt it.

I don't think it really had an impact on Swedish exports though. It was just a handful of fanatics who cared, and frankly, I'm not sure how much we actually export to Malaysia, nor do I think the average Malaysian knows which products are Swedish, even if they cared.

There have been at least two attempts to murder Vilks though, I think one at his home, another at an art exhibition in Copenhagen.

Vilks is quite a controversial artist, who likes to provoke people. Apart from his Muhammed dog drawing his most famous artwork might be a huge sculpture he has built in a nature reserve, which of course is completely illegal. He was fined for that, and I think it was eventually torn down by the police.

Not sure what to say. I initely support his freedom of speech, but he is really doing his best to provoke people, so it is not that surprising that sometimes he manages to upset them. Also, he is not really that great an artist. That could actually be why he constantly does things to make people angry, because that way he does get publicity.
Fortunately all murder attempts att him have been thwarted so far. But iirc some policeman or someone got injured or killed that time in Copenhagen. 😕
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:08 pm
:lol:

If Per cant see it from his or his parents house it isn't really happening though...
It did happen, back in 2010, but I'm not Sarah Palin; I can't see Kuala Lumpur from my porch. :|

(I assume the other pics are from Vancouver's loss against the Bruins... :wink: )
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:41 pm

I mean seriously, would you buy this art? :eh:

If you weren't told this is supposed to be Muhammed as a dog, would you even get it?

This is the one that was eventually torn down.
The authorities considered it a building, and it eas constructed in a national park, without a building permit.

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 pm
Gulf Islands. Curious what Pender Island is like, I’ve never been. Anyone?
Nope. Never been.
Closest I've been is probably Seattle.

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:04 am

Revisiting the outcome of the Swedish election...

Voter turnout was up, but I was surprised it only reached a measly 86.31%.
Sure, that is higher than the mere 85.14 that turned up in 2014, but given the importance of this election, give that everyone knew it was an extremely tight race, I'm really disappointed we didn't even reach 90% participation. :(

With overseas and voting day absentee votes included, there have been some minor shifts; the social democrats and the christian democrats have each lost one seat, while the green party and the liberals have each gained one. No shift between the two blocks though. There was also a seat that briefly shifted from the centre party to the Sweden democrats and then back again.

The social democrats insist that as the party holding most seats, they should form the backbone of the government, but have reached across the aisle and asked the centre party and liberals to support them and perhaps be part of a coalition government.

The alliance insists that there is a hostile majority (alliance + Sweden democrats) to the social democrats in parliament, and that they should form the backbone of the government.
This is a bit short sighted though, as the Sweden democrats have stated they will not support a government that does not give them influence, and the centre party and liberals have been very clear that they will not form part of a government that is dependent on support from the Sweden democrats.

The green party has suggested they could support a center-left government lead by Annie Lööf, leader of the centre party.
As irrelevant as this could seem, I think this could be the key to finding a working solution.

Both Annie Lööf (centre party leader) and Jan Björklund (liberal leader) have stated they will not support a government lead by Stefan Löfvén (social democratic leader).
Likewise, Stefan Löfvén has scoffed at the idea that the social democrats should support a government formed by the alliance.

But if the social democrats could be humble enough to cede the position of Prime Minister to Annie Lööf, and the centre party and liberals then join the social democrats and the green party to form a government based on broad socio-liberal ideals, they would have 167 seats, which while technically not a majority, would be more than the conservatives, christian democrats and Sweden democrats combined (154).

The left party can not be included in an across the aisle government coalition, as the centre party and liberals are almost as wary of these pseudo-communists as they are of the pseudo-nazis in the Sweden democrats, but it is not likely that the left party, that hold the remaining 28 seats, would ever even consider to join forces with either of the three parties at the right wing end of the political scale, and thus they will almost certainly let this centre-left coalition get their budget and most other legislation through parliament by either voting with them or abstain from voting. Thus they would be fairly safe. And on issues where the left party does vote against them, they can probably find support from the christian democrats or conservatives. I think this might fly. :thumbs:

Annie Lööf is also hugely popular even outside of her own party for being very outspoken against the Sweden democrats and taking them on more than once in verbal fist fights.

Yeah, I think this might fly.
And having the green party suggest it, takes away some of the embarassment from the social democrats and the centre party.

It will probably take weeks (if not months) of posturing before they can reach this common sense solution though. :roll:

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 am

Interesting that the SD added 13 seats based solely on the issue of mass migration and the muslim problem

Obviously theres an issue Per.

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:05 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 am
Interesting that the SD added 13 seats based solely on the issue of mass migration and the muslim problem

Well, 17.5% think so.

82.5% apparently do not.

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:18 am

Considering that party didnt previously exist, relatively speaking, that is a massive point being made

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:18 am
Considering that party didnt previously exist, relatively speaking, that is a massive point being made
So what does this mean for BC when the Greens elected 2 in the current government. Sometimes something occurring in the local environment triggers a change but it may not be long term.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:28 pm

Per wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:24 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:44 pm
Per wrote:
*pics*
The protests in Kuala Lumpur in 2010 against Lars Vilks?!
No no no, I meant what do you think about you and yours being replaced by those folks over time.

(they increase in numbers over generations + you and yours decrease = extinction of the libs)

I was wondering if you see the folly of your "progressive" (HA!) ways yet.

Personally I look forward to the inevitable establishment of Sharia Law in Sweden.

"Swedish Twins" of the future:

OH BABY!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Per wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:05 am
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 am

Well, 17.5% think so.

82.5% apparently do not.
17.5% think the issue is severe enough to influence their vote. I'm sure even you know that 82.5% figure has little meaning.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 am

14.2% if the world population is white and shrinking. The white world as we know it will slowly darken and eventually look like the real Arabic Jesus instead of the bearded white hippy Jim Mortison Jesus
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate