Technical Question - Login Troubles

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Technical Question - Login Troubles

Post by rockalt »

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced difficulty logging into the new message board? I'm not sure if it's a cause of the new site or my recent change in browser software but I was not able to sign in for the last few days. It kept saying, "Successfully logged in" but everytime I tried to post, I kept getting asked to login again.

Anyway, I finally "switched" to Mozilla Firefox and it wasn't until today that I realized I should try logging with "good 'ole" Microsoft Internet Explore and bam! I'm back in! I'm wondering if this is a freak coincidence or possibly whether the site is not compatible with Firefox. Has anyone else experienced trouble browsing the site with Firefox?
Brian CC
Site Admin

Re: Technical Question - Login Troubles

Post by Brian CC »

You may have to clear you internet files, cache and cookies....

I am using both Firefox and Explorer but had to do that. After I did it was fine.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Brian CC wrote:You may have to clear you internet files, cache and cookies....

I am using both Firefox and Explorer but had to do that. After I did it was fine.
Cool, I"ll give it a try Brian. Thanks for the advice. It's not a big deal because explorer still works thankfully but for a few days I was just plain confused.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Some of the avatars and smilies don't work for me - is it also a cache issue? Thx!
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

If you had a custom avatar you may have to go to your user control panel and reset it.

The smilies I need to fix and add too...