A new season is here!

If it's in here, it's probably a good idea to read it.

Moderators: Brian CC, Referees

Brian CC
Site Admin

A new season is here!

Post by Brian CC »

Hi everyone.

Just about time for another season of Canucks hockey. You may have noticed the switch to the new official team colours. And that will be the beginning of some new things coming around here.

We made the jump to a new server at the end of last year and it seems to be a huge improvement.

I was HOPING that the new version of PHPBB would be released before the season. It is close, bit it doesn't look like it will make it. So we'll have to wait on that.

I'll be setting up the hockey pool again this year, and hope to have an announcement on another cool prize or prizes soon.

I am also asking for your support. I hate doing this, as this site has never been about making money to me. But the fact of the matter is my time is at a premium as I get older, and the site isn't free to run, and to devote the time I need to maintain it, takes a lot of my free time during the season. I am hoping all our advertiser's renew and I am working on that angle now.

If you're an MVP, my position is and always has been pay once and be an MVP for life. You will not lose your MVP status if you don't donate to the site again. I am however asking you if you can afford it, to chip in a few bucks again.Most sites make you pay every year to maintain your status. I am leaving it up to you.

If you're not an MVP, and enjoy the site and can afford to, please chip in a few bucks and gain your MVP status. Of course as was the case last year, only MVP's are eligible for prizes in the pool.

So if you can provide a little support, I would greatly appreciate it, and it will help make this site the best it can be.

It's easy to donate if you have a PayPal account. Simply click the donate button at the top of this page, or other pages on the site. If you would like to send a cheque, please PM me and I will send you my address.

To all of you, thanks for visiting the site, thanks for your support, and here's to a great seaon of Canucks hockey, with the best Canucks fans on the net.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Last edited by Brian CC on Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

done and done :towel: