naslund rumor i heard

Trade rumours from around the league. Think you have a source? Stand behind your rumours? You better, or don't post in here!

Moderator: Referees

nibbles
AHL Prospect

naslund rumor i heard

Post by nibbles »

philly is interested in naslund.. my dad read it somewhere.. apparently he is sad bertuzzi is gone and has decided he wants to go..

i wouldnt care really if he goes somewhere else..

would sure free up some space..

and whats happening with havlat.. ive been hearing stuff about him leaving ottawa sometime soon
Nuckzilla
AHL Prospect

Re: naslund rumor i heard

Post by Nuckzilla »

nibbles wrote:philly is interested in naslund.. my dad read it somewhere.. apparently he is sad bertuzzi is gone and has decided he wants to go..

i wouldnt care really if he goes somewhere else..

would sure free up some space..

and whats happening with havlat.. ive been hearing stuff about him leaving ottawa sometime soon
That's weird, because he was on Team 1040, the other day, and said that it was for Bert's best, and that he wanted to stay in Vancouver, especially with the new additions to the team...I don't want him to go.
nibbles
AHL Prospect

Post by nibbles »

oh.. just another rumor i guess
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Just a rumor I would assume. Just a rumor I hope.
R.I.P. Luc.
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

What would Philadelphia give up?
nibbles
AHL Prospect

Post by nibbles »

some jockstraps
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Tukaram wrote:What would Philadelphia give up?
The only players that Vancouver would want are some of the young guys like Carter or Richards plus picks or prospects. Can't see this being enough for the Nucks to give up Naslund and can't see the Flyers even entertaining the offer. Another reason to believe this rumor is bunk.
R.I.P. Luc.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Bartman wrote:
Tukaram wrote:What would Philadelphia give up?
The only players that Vancouver would want are some of the young guys like Carter or Richards plus picks or prospects. Can't see this being enough for the Nucks to give up Naslund and can't see the Flyers even entertaining the offer. Another reason to believe this rumor is bunk.
Gange is rumoured to be on the block. If Naslund is to be traded (which I sure as hell don't want to happen) I'd want him back in the deal. Maybe Gange, Richards, Esche for Naslund and Noronen?

Naslund won't be traded though. I'm all for changing the core, but Naslund is untouchable IMO.
MinnesotaCanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by MinnesotaCanuck »

levelheaded wrote:Gange is rumoured to be on the block. If Naslund is to be traded (which I sure as hell don't want to happen) I'd want him back in the deal. Maybe Gange, Richards, Esche for Naslund and Noronen?
I don't see Philly trading Gagne and Richards for Naslund.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

I dont think I believe this rumour............................................. if it was said before the Luongo trade :) but after that Ill look at every rumour coming up :)

Makes sense if its in Philly. He can play with Floppa his last 2 years and retire to Sweden after.
NKCTB7
AHL Prospect

Post by NKCTB7 »

I personally think that the only Canuck that will be moved will be Cooke.Code reported today on live chat forum that the leaves are upping their offer for Carter at about 2.5 and Carter will give the Canucks a chance to match.Code stated that the Canucks are pursuing Nolan as a back-up plan and are still after Sykora and Markov.He doesn't believe Nonis will go higher than 2 mill. for Carter.
"I'm looking forward to making a run for the Stanley Cup with Vancouver"...Roberto Luongo
glowman
AHL Prospect

Post by glowman »

Send Naslund to philly if we get Gagne!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

MinnesotaCanuck wrote:
levelheaded wrote:Gange is rumoured to be on the block. If Naslund is to be traded (which I sure as hell don't want to happen) I'd want him back in the deal. Maybe Gange, Richards, Esche for Naslund and Noronen?
I don't see Philly trading Gagne and Richards for Naslund.
Nor I ...

Grizz
Hurone
AHL Prospect

Post by Hurone »

Great information
Farhan Lalji

If Canucks traded Naslund for "equal value" defens

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Although I highly doubt that Naslund will get traded from here, here is my thought:

-Hypothetically speaking, lets say the Canucks traded Naslund for a defenseman of equal salary (value?). For instance - at best we get a guy like Nikalus Lidstrom or Wade Redden. At worst, we get someone like Bryan McCabe (and something else I guess).

For this example, I'll say that we trade Naslund for Redden.

Lets compare us to Anaheim now (I draw comparison to Anaheim, because many believe they will be the best in the West). I'll throw Calgary in here as well.

Calgary: Phaneuf, Regyhr, ???
Anaheim's Defense: Pronger, Nidermayer, ???
Canucks' Defense: Redden, Ohlund, Mitchell

Although Anaheim's top 2 d-men would still be better than hours, I'd be willing to bet that our COMBINED top 3.....even top 4 (Salo) would be better than Anaheim's top 3 or top 4.

In goal, Luongo would be better than Brizgalov.

Kipper would (marginally) be better than Luongo, but the Canucks' defense would be significantly stronger than Calgary's (if I'm not mistaken)

So basically - Looking at JUST goaltending and Defense, the Canucks would have Anaheim and Calgary beat.

Up front, the Canucks would have the Sedin twins as their focal point.......with a supporting cast of Morrison, Bulis, Kesler, and Cooke.

Giving up Naslund would obviously hurt the offense quite a bit, but look where we'd be defensively. Our defense would rank right up there with Calgary's from last year IMO. Furthermore, our firepower up front (although pretty weak), would still be better than Calgary's of last year....IMO.

Let me put it this way. Would you RISK trading Naslund for a superstar defenseman (if making the trade was possible), under the assumption that the Sedin twins could dominate with 1st line duty?....and that Morrison/Bulis/Cooke/Pyatt/Kesler could be a decent supporting cast?

If these two things hold true:

1) Luongo + Acquisition of superstar defenseman from Naslund trade = Canucks being the most powerful in the NHL (in terms of combined defense/goaltending)

2) The Sedin twins consistently put up the numbers this season (and given the way they are playing thus far, is that really farfetched?).

How can we NOT have a winning combination? Even if we suffer an injury (or a few injuries) on defense, our defense would still be strong.

If our defense stays healthy but we get injury problems up front? Guess what. Teams STILL can't beat us due to our solid back-end.

By trading Naslund for a superstar defenseman, the Canucks actually become less susceptible to the injury bug if you think about it.