World Juniors 2023

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2023

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not surprised by the score so far. It’s not a good team outside of Bedard, not to mention the goaltending sucks. The Americans are pure business out there.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Seriously does Bedard have to do everything ffs?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

One thing I’ve noticed about Wright he is terrible at face offs
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You can see why Cooley went ahead of Wright in the draft. Good player
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Pettersson seems to have all the qualities you're looking for in a good all around NHL defenseman.

I'm very encouraged by what I saw from him in the tournament. Had a good feeling about the kid right from the draft :)
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:35 pm Selecting Lekkerimaki is pure devastation when we need to restock the pool after so many graduations during the Benning years
Mr Aquilini obviously did his homework on this guy Chef. https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/tea ... 07475.html

He now has a man in charge he can trust. Someone who doesn't require constant supervision; a man that will finally implement the West Coast management philosophy here :D
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chicago has some nice D depth with Korchinski and Del Mastro
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fantilli has really stepped up in this game. Kid is gonna be a good player
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I can see why the genius judge of young talent Jimothy Elmer Tiberius Benning felt that the pick that selected Geunther was expendable. He's not what I would hold fast too either after seeing him in action. Unfortunately the geniuses genius was limited to young talent

Fuck we're gonna miss GJETB (Genius Jimothy Elmer Tiberius Benning) when it comes to drafting
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:38 pm I can see why the genius judge of young talent Jimothy Elmer Tiberius Benning felt that the pick that selected Geunther was expendable. He's not what I would hold fast too either after seeing him in action. Unfortunately the geniuses genius was limited to young talent

Fuck we're gonna miss GJETB (Genius Jimothy Elmer Tiberius Benning) when it comes to drafting
His absence is already hurting.

Pettersson really grew as the tournament went on. Started out on the right side on the third pairing, ended up on the left side along side Jansson.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:38 pm I can see why the genius judge of young talent Jimothy Elmer Tiberius Benning felt that the pick that selected Geunther was expendable. He's not what I would hold fast too either after seeing him in action. Unfortunately the geniuses genius was limited to young talent

Guenther is a Johnny on the spot type of player. Basically a shooter and not much else.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I'll be honest, I thought that was a good goal by US. Smart by Canada to challenge, it worked out for them.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zach Dean has impressed me quite a bit as well as Ostapchuk
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:42 pm

Guenther is a Johnny on the spot type of player. Basically a shooter and not much else.
Jimmy gambled thinking OEL would revert back to his Norris calibre form of old. Bad gamble I guess
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:50 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:42 pm

Jimmy gambled thinking OEL would revert back to his Norris calibre form of old. Bad gamble I guess
I’ll be blunt it was an awful trade by Benning. Tying up $12 million on OEL and Garland and losing the 9th overall pick in the process will go down as one of the worst trades in Canuck history. He deserved to be canned for it. That being said, I don’t think the trade was all “Bennings”.