World Juniors 2022

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2022

Post by Per »

Sweden played a piss poor game but still beat Slovakia 3-0 as Wallstedt in goal stood on his head and saved all 48 shots the Slovaks throw at him. I hope they play better next game, but it’s always nice to have a goalie that can steal a game or two for the team! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Why did the Kings Brandt Clarke get snubbed?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I really like the outlook of the Sabres now that they’ve drained the swamp of primadonnas. Krebs and Tuch will bring “team” to the team and Quinn and Power are great looking prospects!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:49 pm As I thought. He ran like a scared rat in 02 and 2010 and tried to climb back on the Hockey Canada bandwagon after they won. Pretty sure a similar result will be upcoming. The best was his weird trashing of Bowen Byram a couple years ago the the TOI stats were pointed out and he ran for a rat hole. :lol:

I can see why you’d avoid this. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:27 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:33 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:27 am Who goes 1st OA in 2022? Chef predicts

1. Michkov
2. Bedard
3. Fantilli
Someone mentioned Michkov was under contract with his KHL team until 2026 during the WJC coverage on TSN.

I think that just might bump him down a few spots because a bottom feeder team usually doesn't want to wait three years (2023-2026) to sign a high first round pick.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/6 ... ei-michkov
You’re talking to a guy that hates Canadian prospects, especially kids from BC.
I know Doyle, I would never interfere.

I just thought I'd throw that tidbit in there, it' something I wasn't aware of personally.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Per wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:58 pm Sweden played a piss poor game but still beat Slovakia 3-0 as Wallstedt in goal stood on his head and saved all 48 shots the Slovaks throw at him. I hope they play better next game, but it’s always nice to have a goalie that can steal a game or two for the team! 8-)
Minnesota was lucky to get him where they did in the draft. Him sliding to twentieth was a real head scratcher.

Cossa hasn't even played yet for Canada.
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:25 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:27 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:33 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:27 am Who goes 1st OA in 2022? Chef predicts

1. Michkov
2. Bedard
3. Fantilli
Someone mentioned Michkov was under contract with his KHL team until 2026 during the WJC coverage on TSN.

I think that just might bump him down a few spots because a bottom feeder team usually doesn't want to wait three years (2023-2026) to sign a high first round pick.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/6 ... ei-michkov
You’re talking to a guy that hates Canadian prospects, especially kids from BC.
I know Doyle, I would never interfere.

I just thought I'd throw that tidbit in there, it' something I wasn't aware of personally.
It’s all good Megs.

This Canada vs Austria game is like me kicking the Chef or Dicky around. Yikes. Sorry Austria. :drink:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

My question is, how did we let Austria score two goals?!

Are they becoming a group C hockey power? Watch out Italy, they coming to eat you lunch.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This tournament is a bit of a mess.

3 Canada teams
US
CZECH
RUS
SWE
FIN
GER
SLV
SUI
1 qualifier. Could be a scabby second US team.

Three divs of 4.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:34 pm This tournament is a bit of a mess.

3 Canada teams
US
CZECH
RUS
SWE
FIN
GER
SLV
SUI
1 qualifier. Could be a scabby second US team.

Three divs of 4.
Well, I’ve always felt Canada has the depth to allow Quebec to have its own team in international competition.
But you think Ontario also should have one? I mean, since it’s the WJC we’re talking about, you must mean a WHL team, an OHL team and a QMJHL team, right?

Not sure how you would divide the US - red states/blue states? But then again, that idea is crazy.
They don’t have the depth to ice two competitive teams.
You could just as easily argue for Finland or Russia, two countries that have fared better than the USA in the WJC, to ice two teams, but that would also be a stupid idea.

But I do not like your setup for the tournament. Three groups of four makes for a messy seeding of the playoffs. You need eight teams for the playoffs, so the two best from each group, plus two more. Then two of the group winners get to face a team that finished third, but one group winner faces a runner-up, and the two other runner-ups face eachother. Messy.

If you want twelve teams you should either have two groups of six, like now, or four groups of three. That allows for better structure of the seedings for the playoffs. Or have four groups of four, allowing more nations in, which is a great way to spread the gospel and attract more followers.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Has anybody seen Shane Wright? What’s the deal? Please don’t tell me he’s the next Daniel Cleary junior league phenom
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Czechia forfeits World Juniors game vs. Finland due to positive COVID-19 test
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:47 am Has anybody seen Shane Wright? What’s the deal? Please don’t tell me he’s the next Daniel Cleary junior league phenom
Keep us posted. One day you’ll get one of these right. :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm glad I didn't bump my sat bill the extra $12 bucks for the Toronto.sports network ...this one is going to be cancelled pretty quick

I'll blow the savings on a 1/4 of an 1/8th
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:09 pm I'm glad I didn't bump my sat bill the extra $12 bucks for the Toronto.sports network ...this one is going to be cancelled pretty quick

I'll blow the savings on a 1/4 of an 1/8th
Yup. https://www.sportsnet.ca/world-juniors/ ... -covid-19/
"evolution"