World Juniors 2021

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2021

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:21 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:14 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:07 pm Costmar again :D
Those were some nice hands right there. Pod looks like a bull in a China Shop.

Lol at Ferraro calling that a dirty play on that. He’s just bigger and stronger
Yeah I'm not sure what Ray is smoking tonight....
Ray is one of the best in the biz but in no way was that a dirty play
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jim Sandlak’s son is the ref
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Refs are cheating hard tonight...
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hope he gets some ice on that bruise and comes out flying in the third. What a first period for Podkolzin. Dominant. Kids got great vision.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

How did this Costmar kid fall all the way to the last round? Hes not your typical 7th round pick
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

rats19 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:31 pm We don’t get the pod this year do we?
April 2021 yes?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

OT it is. Let's have the Pod net the winner.

Maybe Arvid?
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I think the penalty on Costmar in ot is a bit harsh. :evil:

Sweden’s first roundrobin loss at the WJC since 2006.
Anyway, if we beat the yanks we still win the group and face Slovakia in the QF.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Canada-Finland; USA-Sweden. These should be great games. Both games are to win the group, but the USA-Sweden game is way more important — really for all four teams. I’m not sure the tiebreak rules if they draw in regulation and USA wins in overtime and Russia, Sweden, and USA end up with 8 points, but if there’s a regulation win, it means the winner takes the group and it means the two losers of these two contests will have the misfortune of drawing one another in the quarterfinals.

I’m thinking USA has the edge. This USA team seems deeper than most years, and this is a group with a lot of tourney experience. As for Canada-Finland, this is the first game where either is going to feel stressed and it will be interesting to see how the players respond. If Canada is committed to dictating the play and putting Finland in reaction mode, they should win. But if they get a little conservative, Finland can hang with them fine and has plenty of ability to counter or win a game coming down to special teams.

Happy new year!
Hono_rary Canadian
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Sweden-Russia: a few comments

Costmar is a weasely little bitch. A perimeter jerk who will be killed of he ever grows the balls to go to the net in traffic.

Euro trash hockey fucking sucks. Other than that, great game.

Remember the days when a Russian would just defect at an international tourney and be in the NHL the next week.

Did Pod miss two shifts after the pk shot block? First missed shift would have been on the second penalty and second missed shift would have been first shift after the penalty.

It is Pod's play away from the puck that is most impressive. He also understands when you take the play forward and when it is best to slow things down drop back and keep control. It will be fun to see if he can do the same at NHL speed. Jake, take notes.

Russian pk is similar to Canucks collapsed box and allows plenty of perimeter play for the offence and the Swedes were reluctant to go to the net to break out up.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:01 am Costmar is a weasely little bitch.
:lol:
Topper wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:01 am A perimeter jerk who will be killed of he ever grows the balls to go to the net in traffic.
I dont agree. He was definitely playing a jerks game but how often do we see kids from Sweden this engaged physically and so willing to stir up the shit? He was crashing the net and getting under the other teams best players skin. He has a decent shot and excellent wheels.

No, I'm not writing this one off

Pod...man thats a stud. He is a presence out there. I have zero concerns with his skating, his situational awareness is as Tops described, off the charts. I have been quietly scoffing at the notion that he walks into a top 6 seat but not any more. Hes one of those players that makes everyone better and I can see him fitting in with the Pettersson/Miller tandem the best. His ability to control the pace of play and hold onto pucks under pressure will fit right in on the top line IMHO.

I also look forward to the Pod dancing around future coiler Pilon Broberg for years to come :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'm not giving up on him and he appears to be a late pick steal (Gradin's work?), but the weselly bitch will be eating plenty of butt ends along the way....until he learns.

I was ready to punch him when I saw him suck holing to the ref's, and I didn't realize it was him.

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'll wait till Costmar gets to a Canuck's camp before passing judgment. Seems to have a few moves but it's a long road to a realistic shot at an NHL spot.
Podkolzin is in his third WJC. He's handling the pressure of being the Captain and coach's go-to guy. It's a really good sign for his future with Vancouver.
I hope he continues at his current level through the duration of this tournament and hopefully, is named most valuable player for his team.
Then it's back to the harsh reality of the KHL, where he continues with his newbie stamp and limited ice time in critical moments and best chances to score with good linemates.
I sure hope he has an immense hankering to leave mother russia SAP and suit up for the Canucks in a bottom six role to begin with. Sure as fuck is plenty of room for good player there.
He's not as good with English as a few of his team-mates. Interviews will be difficult.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I take it that this is how he plays in sweden and one of the reasons why he made the team. Hes an agitator/rat who also happens to have some game. If he dings that late shot post and in he would be a hero.

Is he now Vancouvers top center prospect? :wow:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:53 am I take it that this is how he plays in sweden and one of the reasons why he made the team. Hes an agitator/rat who also happens to have some game. If he dings that late shot post and in he would be a hero.

Is he now Vancouvers top center prospect? :wow:
I sense a smell of coho to this kid