World Juniors 2021

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kupari was busting badly before going down to a torn ACL in which required major surgery. Not looking good one bit!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:01 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:58 pm Tyler Madden - 5’-11” 150 lbs :lol:
It seems humanly impossible to be that skinny at 5’-11”. He makes Brad Ference look like the Incredible Hulk!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Akil Thomas launches his own clothing line. :lol: This is never a good sign

https://m.facebook.com/Akilthomashockey ... 0178665447
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:03 pm Kupari was busting badly before going down to a torn ACL in which required major surgery. Not looking good one bit!
He had 6 goals in 27 games as a 19 year old in the AHL. Do you ever tire of lying?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:01 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:58 pm Tyler Madden - 5’-11” 150 lbs :lol:
It seems humanly impossible to be that skinny at 5’-11”. He makes Brad Ference look like the Incredible Hulk!
And yet you bombed this board with hundreds of posts of birdshit about what an amazing prospect he was when he was Vancouver property.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:00 pm A report on Vilardi’s skating:

“The knock on Vilardi is that he's an awkward skater and the debate rages between scouts over whether he’s a poor skater or one who gets there but doesn't look pretty doing it... Those scouts who think his skating is a legitimate concern see him as a winger; those who think his skating is substance over style think he could still be a big (6-foot-3, 203 pounds) NHL centre.”

:lol:
Tons of guys have had good to great careers being below average to average skaters. 7 points in 10 NHL games thus far at barely 21 years old. Almost a ppg in the AHL. Missed most of two seasons with back injuries.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol the same troll called the world’s second best player a bum on several occasions right up till about a year ago. He has NO IDEA when it comes to prospects. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Scouting report on Fagemo. Not good

Fagemo’s defensive game is a bit of a work in progress. He gets caught cheating to try and create offence, leaving his man and looking to get up the ice on a breakout. He also does not really play a physical game in the defensive end, shying away from contact or from helping to control his opponent on the cycle. Fagemo needs to continue to work on being engaged, keeping his feet moving, and being in strong positions in his own end.

Fagemo has a very unorthodox skating stride. When he is not moving at top speed though, he can have issues. This is seen as he can be overpowered battling for pucks in the corners and establishing his position in front of the net.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:40 am
Cornuck wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:34 am Hey - just one more reason to hate the rangers. Like I needed another?
The next decade is going to be tough on you. Thanks to winning two lottery rolls in a row they are pretty much one of the teams of the future.
Only problem is they drafted both wingers, akin to having Bure and Mogilny with no centers, like having Ferrari tires on a Ford Fiesta.

That's not to say Zibanejad is str8 garbage, but he sure is getting the BMorrison treatment there with Panarin, now Laffy and Koko.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rangers drafted the best player available to them in back to back years. They have assets with which to acquire a future first line centre. Zibanejed is a top 10 centre in the game currently and a damn sight better than Morrison ever was. He’s also only 27.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:47 am Rangers drafted the best player available to them in back to back years. They have assets with which to acquire a future first line centre. Zibanejed is a top 10 centre in the game currently and a damn sight better than Morrison ever was. He’s also only 27.
And Zibanejed + Strome their top two centers are two seasons away from UFA, so with all those wingers at his wing, Zib is likely heading to $9M AAV, Strome to $6M, to go along with Panarin's $11.6M, Trouba $8M. Two years away from Kakko and Fox 2nd contract's.

Next year they still have buyouts Girardi $1m, Shattenkirks $1.4M, Lundqvist $1.5M on the books, this season kinda funny Shattenkirk + Lundqvist cap hits from buyout are over $11.5M! wow.

Ranger fans already trying to unload Trouba, as he's paid like a #1 dman but is more a 2nd pairing RD.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:22 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:47 am Rangers drafted the best player available to them in back to back years. They have assets with which to acquire a future first line centre. Zibanejed is a top 10 centre in the game currently and a damn sight better than Morrison ever was. He’s also only 27.
And Zibanejed + Strome their top two centers are two seasons away from UFA, so with all those wingers at his wing, Zib is likely heading to $9M AAV, Strome to $6M, to go along with Panarin's $11.6M, Trouba $8M. Two years away from Kakko and Fox 2nd contract's.

Next year they still have buyouts Girardi $1m, Shattenkirks $1.4M, Lundqvist $1.5M on the books, this season kinda funny Shattenkirk + Lundqvist cap hits from buyout are over $11.5M! wow.

Ranger fans already trying to unload Trouba, as he's paid like a #1 dman but is more a 2nd pairing RD.
Panarin and Lafrenierre are playmaking wingers. They play like Centres. Zibanejed is a very good player. Weren’t they trying to trade DeAngelo for a centre? The Rangers have an embarrassment of riches to plug holes with via a trade. Their left side is deep with Panarin and Kreider and Lafrenierre. Right side is set with Kakko and Kravtsov. Maybe move Kreider for a young 2nd line centre
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 pm

Panarin and Lafrenierre are playmaking wingers. They play like Centres. Zibanejed is a very good player. Weren’t they trying to trade DeAngelo for a centre? The Rangers have an embarrassment of riches to plug holes with via a trade. Their left side is deep with Panarin and Kreider and Lafrenierre. Right side is set with Kakko and Kravtsov. Maybe move Kreider for a young 2nd line centre
$6.5m Kreider has the golden ticket to stay near his hometown with the NMC for another 4 years, M-NTC after that for another 3.

Yeah I just remember last offseason EVERYONE was all hyped for the NYR, saying they were the most improved team ever! playoffs.

Panarin + Kreider + Trouba already locked in at $26M long term, Add Zibby at around $9M in two years, $35M for those 4 and none can be exposed to Seattle (NMC).

Lafreniere/Kakko/Fox all likely heading to big paydays or bridged for lower cap in 2,3 years.

Who knows how their goalies will do.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Either way that Rangers squad has a shitload of assets and is deep organizationally, similar to the Avs, Canes and Kings.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:01 pm

$6.5m Kreider has the golden ticket to stay near his hometown with the NMC for another 4 years, M-NTC after that for another 3.

Yeah I just remember last offseason EVERYONE was all hyped for the NYR, saying they were the most improved team ever! playoffs.

Panarin + Kreider + Trouba already locked in at $26M long term, Add Zibby at around $9M in two years, $35M for those 4 and none can be exposed to Seattle (NMC).

Lafreniere/Kakko/Fox all likely heading to big paydays or bridged for lower cap in 2,3 years.

Who knows how their goalies will do.
Yeah the Rangers will have problems I suppose when Lafrenierre and Kakko get their 2nd contracts but it’s a healthy problem. They also two very excellent young goalies taking over for Lundqvist.