World Juniors 2021

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

World Juniors 2021

Post by Mickey107 »

IIHF announces 2021 world juniors will be played in Edmonton bubble
After the success of the NHL’s return in Toronto and Edmonton bubbles, the International Ice Hockey Federation will be using a similar format for the upcoming under-20 World Junior Hockey Championships.

The IIHF announced Thursday that the 2021 edition of the tournament will be held in a bubble in Edmonton without fans. The tournament was originally scheduled to be co-hosted by Edmonton and Red Deer, Alta., which will now happen in 2022.
In a separate announcement Thursday, the IIHF cancelled all other tournaments on its schedule through to the end of January. This includes Olympic qualifying competitions, lower-divisions under-20 tournaments and all the women’s under-18 world championships.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/juniors/articl ... on-bubble/

Active information link tic toc tic toc.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2021

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:thumbs:

Ok Gohmert
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Looks like our Christmas hockey maintenance fix is off to shaky start :(
Hockey Canada has suspended its World Juniors selection camp for two weeks due to COVID-19.

https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/pl ... es/9847026

“Following the confirmation of two positive tests among players at Canada’s National Junior Team Sport Chek Selection Camp on Monday, Hockey Canada has confirmed that all players, coaches and staff are considered close contacts and are therefore subject to the mandatory 14-day quarantine period under Alberta Health Services’ Order 05-2020. Hockey Canada will continue to abide by all protocols and guidelines set forth by the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services, as it is not exempt from Order 05-2020, and will put a pause on all camp activities until the quarantine period is complete," Hockey Canada said in a statement. Two unnamed players tested positive on Monday and that's when Team Canada's quarantine started. All players and staff members of the World Juniors selection camp will undergo further testing before the quarantine is lifted.
el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Costmar and Persson have both made the cut for the preliminary Swedish troop that consists of 4 goalies and 30 skaters. On Dec 12th, one goalie and eight skaters will be cut and the remaining 25 players will head on over to Canada.

No surprise really, I expect Costmar to make the final cut as well, and hopefully Persson will too.
Plenty of good young Swedish d-men though...

Preliminary troop:

Goalies:
Hugo Alnefelt, HV71,
Calle Clang, Kristianstad,
Jesper Wallstedt, Luleå,
Hannes Kollén, Karlskrona.

Defence:
Emil Andrae, HV71,
Gustav Berglund, Frölunda,
Tobias Björnfot, Los Angeles Kings,
Philip Broberg, Skellefteå,
Alex Brännstam, Djurgården,
Simon Edvinsson, Frölunda,
Helge Grans, Malmö,
Ludvig Hedström, Djurgården,
Albert Johansson, Färjestad,
Viktor Persson, Brynäs,
Victor Söderström, Arizona Coyotes,
William Wallinder, Modo.

Forwards:
Isac Andersson, Mora,
Arvid Costmar, Linköping,
William Eklund, Djurgården,
Albin Grewe, Djurgården,
Noel Gunler, Brynäs,
Emil Heineman, Leksand,
Karl Henriksson, Frölunda,
Simon Holmström, New York Islanders,
Alexander Holtz, Djurgården,
Daniel Ljungman, Linköping,
Theodor Niederbach, Frölunda,
Zion Nybeck, HV71,
Oskar Olausson, HV71,
Lucas Raymond, Frölunda,
Simon Robertsson, Skellefteå, <- Bert's kid, if I'm not mistaken :?
Albin Sundsvik, Skellefteå,
Elmer Söderblom, Frölunda,
Jonathan Wikström, HV71.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rangers will not release Alexis Lafreniere to Canada for world juniors... LINK..
New York Rangers winger Alexis Lafreniere, the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NHL Draft, will not be released to Canada for the upcoming World Junior Hockey Championships in Edmonton, Hockey Canada announced Thursday.

“After ongoing discussions with the New York Rangers, Hockey Canada has been informed that Alexis Lafrenière will not be released to represent Canada at the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship in Edmonton,” Scott Salmond, senior vice-president of national teams for Hockey Canada said in a statement. “Although we are disappointed Alexis will not be able to join our team for World Juniors, we understand and respect the decision made by the Rangers.”

More to come…
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

THW Projected Team Canada Roster:

Goalies: Brett Brochu, Taylor Gauthier, Dylan Garand

Defensemen: Bowen Byram, Jamie Drysdale, Thomas Harley, Braden Schneider, Justin Barron, Kaedan Korczak, Kaiden Guhle, Matthew Robertson

Forwards: Connor McMichael, Kirby Dach, Dylan Cozens, Quinton Byfield, Dawson Mercer, Peyton Krebs, Connor Zary, Cole Perfetti, Philip Tomasino, Alex Newhook, Jakob Pelletier, Jamieson Rees, Jack Quinn, Samuel Poulin.

https://thehockeywriters.com/2021-world ... a-preview/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah don’t think Wright (2022) or any of the 2021 draft prospects will make the final cut. Power maybe if he was released. Might be different if the NHL was up and running.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Absolute garbage move by the Rangers to not Lafreniere go. I’d understand it if it was a normals year because he’d obviously re a regular on NYR. He’s not even playing right now for fuck sakes. Missing him and Power is a kick in the dink
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wright should make the team for the experience alone. He’s going to be a star down the road.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:44 am Absolute garbage move by the Rangers to not Lafreniere go. I’d understand it if it was a normals year because he’d obviously re a regular on NYR. He’s not even playing right now for fuck sakes. Missing him and Power is a kick in the dink
Yeah WTF. Do not understand this move. You’d think they’d love to send him as a warm up to the NHL season, weird
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:45 am Wright should make the team for the experience alone. He’s going to be a star down the road.
I agree but veterans and age always wins out at selection time. He would have to be super special at camp to make it
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:44 am Absolute garbage move by the Rangers to not Lafreniere go. I’d understand it if it was a normals year because he’d obviously re a regular on NYR. He’s not even playing right now for fuck sakes. Missing him and Power is a kick in the dink
I agree. Fuckin Rangers.

:evil:

Corn must have a comment cue'd up on this one
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hey - just one more reason to hate the rangers. Like I needed another?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:34 am Hey - just one more reason to hate the rangers. Like I needed another?
The next decade is going to be tough on you. Thanks to winning two lottery rolls in a row they are pretty much one of the teams of the future.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:40 am [quote=Cornuck post_id=404627 time=<a href="tel:1607283250">1607283250</a> user_id=24]
Hey - just one more reason to hate the rangers. Like I needed another?
The next decade is going to be tough on you. Thanks to winning two lottery rolls in a row they are pretty much one of the teams of the future.
[/quote]

You’re the meat puppet that doubted the Kings prospect pool. Eating crow sandos for awhile you shall be.