World Juniors 2021

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2021

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:25 pm Losing Dach was a big loss for the CDNs. He plays with jam and that is sorely missed in Canada’s game tonight
Small wingers are getting banged around along the boards all night as well.

Good game though, I don't really care about the result to be honest.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I know it’s a 19 year old tournament but makes me wonder if leaving Wright off the squad was a mistake
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:27 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:26 pm Wow it's worth than I thought. I thought Quinn was 18 but he turned 19 in September. This is his last year of eligibility for the tournament. Jeezus eighth overall and he's yer invisible 13th forward in his last year.
8th overall? Try 2nd. Ouch
Yes, and the Kings took Turcotte out of the US program instead of the clearly superior Zegras.

Could have had Stutzle and Zegras, landed Byfield and Turcotte.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:13 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:11 pm J D Burke thinks Byfield doesn't get his due because racism...
Huh???
Yeah, he thought racial prejudice prevented Byfield from going ahead of Lafreniere in the last draft.

I'm not making this up.
I think JD Burke bites pillows for fun
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:28 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:25 pm Losing Dach was a big loss for the CDNs. He plays with jam and that is sorely missed in Canada’s game tonight
Small wingers are getting banged around along the boards all night as well.

Good game though, I don't really care about the result to be honest.
Sabres have an excellent prospect Cozens. He’s 6’-3” 200 lbs and getting bigger. Skates like the wind, super skilled. Him an Eichel will make a formidable pair
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:01 pm Canada has the better team.
So they keep telling us but the yanks have the best player, the best goalie and an equal to if not better than defense
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:30 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:27 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:26 pm Wow it's worth than I thought. I thought Quinn was 18 but he turned 19 in September. This is his last year of eligibility for the tournament. Jeezus eighth overall and he's yer invisible 13th forward in his last year.
8th overall? Try 2nd. Ouch
Yes, and the Kings took Turcotte out of the US program instead of the clearly superior Zegras.

Could have had Stutzle and Zegras, landed Byfield and Turcotte.
Ouch.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Braden Schneider is gonna be a damn good dman
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:34 pm
So they keep telling us but the yanks have the best player, the best goalie and an equal to if not better than defense
At work today we listened to sports radio all day and came to the conclusion that Team Canada is set up to lose due to the over the top accolades the media was giving the team all day. Classic. I’d rather be the the under dog
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:36 pm Braden Schneider is gonna be a damn good dman
He’s a beast, I like him a lot
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canada has a ton of good players but no game breakers. Cozens maybe, but not much else
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Knight hasn’t been special because we haven’t peppered him with a great amount of glorious chances. What’s special about the Americans tonight is their team defence. The Americans game plan is beating our lack of one
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:31 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:18 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:13 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:11 pm J D Burke thinks Byfield doesn't get his due because racism...
Huh???
Yeah, he thought racial prejudice prevented Byfield from going ahead of Lafreniere in the last draft.

I'm not making this up.
I think JD Burke bites pillows for fun
He's definitely a bottom player Wiz...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:37 pm
At work today we listened to sports radio all day and came to the conclusion that Team Canada is set up to lose due to the over the top accolades the media was giving the team all day. Classic. I’d rather be the the under dog
They're always a burden. The Reklaws haven't helped either imho....
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:39 pm
Canada has a ton of good players but no game breakers. Cozens maybe, but not much else
Cosens Newhook and Krebs stand out up front. Byram and Schneider on the back end.

Disppointed in mcmichael, byfield holloway