World Juniors 2020

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5018
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Per » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:35 am

The Canadians seem a bit undisciplined... lots of stupid penalties taken...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16952
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:35 am

Stop taking penalties for fuck sakes. Thetas penalty all day Bahl
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16952
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:36 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:28 am
Surprised Foudy is ranked on the outside looking in on the first round. Excellent skater
Wrong Foudy? There’s two
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16952
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am

Jamie Drysdale is a hell of a hockey player. He had got to be near the top 5 in June.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:36 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:28 am
Surprised Foudy is ranked on the outside looking in on the first round. Excellent skater
Wrong Foudy? There’s two
Ahhh, my bad
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:40 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am
Jamie Drysdale is a hell of a hockey player. He had got to be near the top 5 in June.
Very impressive player. With the importance of defence in the NHL now I’d be shocked if he’s not drafted top 5
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 9441
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

I was definitely expecting to see a better defenseman in Bowen Byram. He plays small and turns over pucks down low
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am

I knew nothing about this Bahl kid until the Hall trade. Good player, moves well and handles the puck well for a big D-man
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5018
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Per » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am

Canada lucky the refs missed that stick to Sokolov’s face in the last seconds of the first period...

They really need to stop doing that stupid shit. The refs are rather strict at the WJC. It’s not NHL playoff rules.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:45 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:43 am
I was definitely expecting to see a better defenseman in Bowen Byram. He plays small and turns over pucks down low
He’s definitely not the on engine on Team Canada’s Defence. Not sure if it’s a confidence thing or what. I expected a lot more
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:47 am

Per wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am
Canada lucky the refs missed that stick to Sokolov’s face in the last seconds of the first period...

They really need to stop doing that stupid shit. The refs are rather strict at the WJC. It’s not NHL playoff rules.
Just a pure accident follow through on a back hand where his stick defects off the russkies stick
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5018
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Per » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:47 am
Per wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am
Canada lucky the refs missed that stick to Sokolov’s face in the last seconds of the first period...

They really need to stop doing that stupid shit. The refs are rather strict at the WJC. It’s not NHL playoff rules.
Just a pure accident follow through on a back hand where his stick defects off the russkies stick
It’s still a penalty. If the refs see it.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 5018
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Per » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:00 pm

Hey! Turns out the Russians can also take stupid penalties! :D
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Both teams playing well defensively
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Romanov doesn’t go 2nd round in a redraft. I like Woo but wooo Boi is he good. The Russian factor??
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply