World Juniors 2020

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2020

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:10 pm How special is this Hoglander kid? Him and Podkozlin are going to kick this team a few notches higher when they roll into town. Team of the future. Thank you Mr Benning.
Ya those 2 are going to be huge for us if they happen to be impact pieces right out of the gate...like they are trending atm.

The russian kid hangs onto pucks with defenders hanging off his back better than any teenager I've seen in a while. This will open up options for guys like Boeser and Pettersson big time
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Other than the circus act goal, Hoglander did as advertised. hard work, grit terrific along the boards and in put battle, several grade A chances and zero finish. Same as we saw in the highlight footage when he was drafted.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nolan Foote looks good. Playing on the first line, scored a big goal. Kids got a great release. I was told that he was a bum and a terrible skater. I’m sceptical if the poster who made those claims has ever seen him play a shift. His speed looks fine to me on the big ice surface. From what I’ve seen of him and his brother they both look like surefire NHLers
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:45 pm Other than the circus act goal, Hoglander did as advertised. hard work, grit terrific along the boards and in put battle, several grade A chances and zero finish. Same as we saw in the highlight footage when he was drafted.
Podkozlin and Hoglander in one draft. Benning never ceases to amaze.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:22 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:10 pm How special is this Hoglander kid? Him and Podkozlin are going to kick this team a few notches higher when they roll into town. Team of the future. Thank you Mr Benning.
Ya those 2 are going to be huge for us if they happen to be impact pieces right out of the gate...like they are trending atm.

The russian kid hangs onto pucks with defenders hanging off his back better than any teenager I've seen in a while. This will open up options for guys like Boeser and Pettersson big time
Podkolzin is a great puck protector, Button just called him a Fire Engine. What a beast. Reminds me of Forsberg
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That Robertson is a beauty the leaves drafted. Ditto for Beecher drafted by Boston, he’s a horse. Both fast as hell. Some really nice young players in the tournament. Amazing thing is a lot of the teams have some really good young talent here, not just the Canucks. :lol:

I know hard to believe right. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Has anyone ever witnessed Doyle say anything nice about Podkozlin and Hoglander? He would say nice things all the time if they were property of the Kings, that’s a given
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jason Robertson - drafted 2017 - 11 goals 11 assists 31 games AHL

Kole Kind drarfted 2017 - 9 goals 16 assists 31 games AHL
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:50 pm Has anyone ever witnessed Doyle say anything nice about Podkozlin and Hoglander? He would say nice things all the time if they were property of the Kings, that’s a given
I haven’t seen either play yet in the tourney. I just get a kick out of you shitting on every single prospect league wide if they aren’t affiliated with Vancouver.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Beecher - 5 goals 4 assists 16 games NCAA

Madden - 13 goals 11 assists 18 games NCAA
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:53 pm Jason Robertson - drafted 2017 - 11 goals 11 assists 31 games AHL
What does he have to do with anything? I was talking about Nick Robertson. Again this leads me to believe you watch almost no hockey with some of the shit you come up with. Eg Nolan Foote’s skating.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:55 pm Beecher - 5 goals 4 assists 16 games NCAA

Good comparison. One guy is 18, the other one is 20. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:57 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:55 pm Beecher - 5 goals 4 assists 16 games NCAA

Turned 20 in November. Madden put up better numbers than Beecher in his rookie NCAA year. Beecher turns 19 in April. A year and 5 months difference in age
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Turned 20 in November. Madden put up better numbers than Beecher in his rookie NCAA year
Because the season is over. And because they are playing the same amount of ice time and play with exactly the same quality of teammates. Because one guy s 155 lbs and the other guy is 210. Are you capable or watching or observing a player or a game without jumping up and down and instantly finding a Canuck to compare the player to. It’s kinda weird actually.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:01 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Turned 20 in November. Madden put up better numbers than Beecher in his rookie NCAA year
Because the season is over. And because they are playing the same amount of ice time and play with exactly the same quality of teammates. Because one guy s 155 lbs and the other guy is 210. Are you capable or watching or observing a player or a game without jumping up and down and instantly finding a Canuck to compare the player to. It’s kinda weird actually.
So Beecher is better because he is 210 lbs? Interesting