World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14909
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:39 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 am
I hate the Leaves UDL. Marner even though it pains has elite skill set.

Bubbles I'm talking about trending. What Canadian prospect/player do you see in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 draft classes that reeks of high end elite talent? Patrick? Dubios? Makar? Veleno? Sorry but that is as vanilla as it gets. The Calder race is between 3 Americans and one Canadian - Boeser, MacAvoy, Keller and Barzal
:lol: lose a couple shootouts and the Dude is leaking piss everywhere thinking Canadian hockey is circling the drain. :lol:

Why does the Calder matter? Boeser and Barzal are both 20. Who went first overall in their draft?

From the 2016 draft, Chychrun is pushing a 40-point pace since returning from knee surgery, while PLD has 15 points in his last 19 while playing 3:48 less per game than Keller (14 in his last 20).
You still taking Dubios ahead of Keller, Tkachuk and MaCAvoy?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Per » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:46 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:22 pm
Is that the same Boqvist who is ranked 2nd on scouts lists after Dahlin? If so I thought he was a defenceman? This guy is playing forward
It's his brother (Jesper). The younger Boqvist (Adam) didn't make the cut.
We've got a really good crop of young d-men coming along! 8-)

Jesper was drafted by New Jersey in the second round 2017:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212690

And this is Adam's profile:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=265684
Last edited by Per on Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15234
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:51 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:24 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:39 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:11 am
I hate the Leaves UDL. Marner even though it pains has elite skill set.

Bubbles I'm talking about trending. What Canadian prospect/player do you see in the 2018, 2017 and 2016 draft classes that reeks of high end elite talent? Patrick? Dubios? Makar? Veleno? Sorry but that is as vanilla as it gets. The Calder race is between 3 Americans and one Canadian - Boeser, MacAvoy, Keller and Barzal
:lol: lose a couple shootouts and the Dude is leaking piss everywhere thinking Canadian hockey is circling the drain. :lol:

Why does the Calder matter? Boeser and Barzal are both 20. Who went first overall in their draft?

From the 2016 draft, Chychrun is pushing a 40-point pace since returning from knee surgery, while PLD has 15 points in his last 19 while playing 3:48 less per game than Keller (14 in his last 20).
You still taking Dubios ahead of Keller, Tkachuk and MaCAvoy?
You apparently are taking Juolevi ahead of all those players
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Per » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:04 pm

Goal by Pettersson!

It was really supposed to be an assist to a goal by Andersson, but a Swiss player intercepted the pass into his own goal... :lol:
Pettersson thus got the credit.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15234
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:11 pm

I’m happy he’s putting up a few points and am anxious to see how he does in the next round when the competition amps up a bit
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Per » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 pm

God-damned! :o :D :lol:

Sweden's seventh goal is just b-e-a-u-t-i-ful!

Elias Pettersson!

What a guy! :D
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8636
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by micky107 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Per wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 pm
God-damned! :o :D :lol:

Sweden's seventh goal is just b-e-a-u-t-i-ful!

Elias Pettersson!

What a guy! :D
Even threw in the swan dive ! :rockin:
"evolution"

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Per » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 pm

The Swiss did a good job of containing Sweden for two periods, and the score, going into the third period, was just 3-2 in Sweden's favour. But eventually the Swiss ran out of gas, and Sweden won the third period 4-0 (shots 19-6) for a comfortable 7-2 victory.

Also, in the third period the coach moved Lias Andersson permanently to the first line. He had been playing with Pettersson and Nylander on the first powerplay formation, but in five on five they were originally centered by Zetterlund, who is more of a two way centre who was meant to be more defensively responsible.

Andersson, Pettersson and Nylander really seem to have fun together on the ice and their tape to tape passes at times are reminiscent of the old Soviet tic-tac-toeing. It's great fun to watch! :D
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Per » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:17 pm

micky107 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:42 pm
Per wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:18 pm
God-damned! :o :D :lol:

Sweden's seventh goal is just b-e-a-u-t-i-ful!

Elias Pettersson!

What a guy! :D
Even threw in the swan dive ! :rockin:
People have been saying "sure, he is getting some points on the powerplay, but we want to see more!"

That goal was more. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Per » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:31 pm

SCORING LEADERS:
R Name............... Team Pos GP G A PTS PIM +/-

1 PETTERSSON Elias.... SWE F 3 4 2 6 0 2
2 MITTELSTADT Casey.. USA F 3 3 3 6 2 4
3 DAHLIN Rasmus....... SWE D 3 0 6 6 2 4
4 ANDERSSON Lias...... SWE F 3 4 1 5 0 5
5 KAYUMOV Artur........ RUS F 3 3 2 5 0 5
5 KOSTIN Klim........... RUS F 3 3 2 5 0 5
7 NYLANDER Alexander SWE F 3 1 4 5 2 3
8 BELLOWS Kieffer...... USA F 3 4 0 4 0 2
9 ZADINA Filip........... CZE F 3 3 1 4 0 0
10 CHYTIL Filip.......... CZE F 3 2 2 4 0 3
10 STEEL Sam............ CAN F 3 2 2 4 0 0
10 SYOMIN Vladislav..... RUS F 3 2 2 4 0 0
Considering that he hasn't been feeling well, I think Pettersson has done fairly well so far.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Per » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:36 am

And here it is:


:o :look: :thumbs: :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 7734
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:49 am

Holy shit thats a filthy dangle.

We're gonna need to add some knuckle draggers to the roster when he throws on the stinky whale...teams are gonna be finishing checks hard on him and we'll be needing him in one piece...i reckon
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 10752
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Topper » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am

As impressive as it looked, he deked a dead tired SWISS defender, used Anderson's pick, then fooled an atrocious SWISS goaltender. I will say he was more physical this game and did a couple of things along the boards. For the most part though, he was loosing one on one puck battles. Hopefully it is still the flu taking it's toll.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15234
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:35 am

Topper wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:52 am
As impressive as it looked, he deked a dead tired SWISS defender, used Anderson's pick, then fooled an atrocious SWISS goaltender. I will say he was more physical this game and did a couple of things along the boards. For the most part though, he was loosing one on one puck battles. Hopefully it is still the flu taking it's toll.
Yeah that pick was pretty greasy, almost Sedin like. Still the kid has filthy hands and a great shot to go along with that reach. Still like to see him a bit more engaged in the high traffic areas. The next round should be a good test and so should the game against the Russians for that matter
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14909
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:08 pm

The Canucks neeeeeeed elite skillset in the system for when the Sedins bust loose. Elias is that guy. I could care less if he isn't Ryan Clowe along the boards, we have others for that but the mere fact that he's dominating and was leading the Swedish men's league in scoring tells you he's no wuss
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply