World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:33 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:10 pm UDL this game means fuck all to Canada.
I have trouble believing that.

There was a noticeable drop in intensity after that snow break...looked like 2 different teams. Why tho
Prelim game .... I think they are banged up in the back end and the snow pile on the ice benefited the slower American team. Ducharme doesn’t know how to run a bench at all. Tkachuk was once again one of the better players on the ice
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:37 pm A lot of Canadian players folded their tents early in the game. Not enough guys going as the game wore on
And fans too.... oh sorry you guys had a tent in Birch Bay....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pettersen
Mittlestadt
Hischier

3 best players from 2017 draft class, Makar shouldn't have gone in the top 20
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:47 pm Pettersen
Mittlestadt
Hischier

3 best players from 2017 draft class, Makar shouldn't have gone in the top 20
Idiotic post
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You think Nolan Patrick and his 2 goals and 5 assists would hsve helped? Where were those bums Glass, Rasmussen, Tippitt and Vilardi? Bums!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The better team won, simple as that. The US carried most of the play, and the Canadians thought a couple early PP Goals would be enough. Hopefully someone else takes care of the US for us, because they seem to have Canada's number.

Hate the shootout, and our lack of high-end skill is readily apparent in the skillz competition.

They should keep the outdoor games to the dog days of the NHL schedule, when nobody gives a fuck if game 38/82 is played outside.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:47 pm , Makar shouldn't have gone in the top 20
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Why the hell was this game played outdoors. That rink is horrid. Unstable ice, unstable boards.

IIHA deserves to be lynched.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm Why the hell was this game played outdoors. That rink is horrid. Unstable ice, unstable boards.

IIHA deserves to be lynched.
Agreed.

First and I hope last outdoor game.

Ice was brutal, watching the puck bounce around made the game less entertaining.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's all bullshit but it's all money. Money always wins.
It was dangerous and it cost us.
If it wasn't for the 41,000 official add-on to the attendance,
this would go down as one of the poorest N. American attended Junior tournaments.
Buffalo sucks.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:06 am It's all bullshit but it's all money. Money always wins.
this would go down as one of the poorest N. American attended Junior tournaments.
Buffalo sucks.
It cost us? Did the USA not have to play in the same conditions? Team USA's winning streak against us is now 7 games at the WJC's. They spank us in all the other junior tournaments, wake up Mickey Canada is no longer the hockey power of the world
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:00 am
micky107 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:06 am It's all bullshit but it's all money. Money always wins.
Buffalo sucks.
It cost us? Did the USA not have to play in the same conditions? Team USA's winning streak against us is now 7 games at the WJC's. They spank us in all the other junior tournaments, wake up Mickey Canada is no longer the hockey power of the world
When is the last time the US beat Canada in Men’s best on best ?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:19 am
When is the last time the US beat Canada in Men’s best on best ?
Good point. Maybe if team usa had more players playing for their NHL clubs like the canadians do year in year out the results would be more even
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The answer is 1996 in the World Cup. US won on a high stick goal by a kid from North Van. That Team Canada was missing most of its best players and Glen Sather ran the bench and played HIS goalie. Canada won in 2002, 2004, 2010, 2014, and 2016 with the only blemishes in 1998 and 2006
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Canada has six of the last 13 golds and with any goaltending in 2010 or 2011 and a bounce last year it could easily be 9/13. Yet here is the Dude caked in piss licking the nutsack of US Hockey. I think these kids are squeezing the sticks a little tight and they get in their own heads due to the pressure from idiot media and fans. An intelligent person can see that as these players mature they can filter that crap out a lot better, hence the domination Canada continues to enjoy in Mens best on best