World Juniors 2018

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What a goal by Boris Katchouk. Great pick in the 2nd round of 2016 by an actual good GM in Steve Yzerman. I think Elmer traded our 2nd rounder in 2016 in package for Gudbranson. Some real good players went in that 2nd round. Katchouk is exactly the type of hard charging ,fast ,hard nosed guys that the Dude just hates with a passion. He’d like all the 2nd rounders dealt away for Linden Vey type guys
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Isnt gadjogovic (?) playing for Canada?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Isnt gadjogovic (?) playing for Canada?
I think he’s had one shift so far
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Isnt gadjogovic (?) playing for Canada?
Nice timing! He just scored. Oops edit an assist
Last edited by Mickey107 on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gadjovich just got an assist
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What a great Mario Lemieux like pass by Gadjovich
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:What a goal by Boris Katchouk. Great pick in the 2nd round of 2016 by an actual good GM in Steve Yzerman. I think Elmer traded our 2nd rounder in 2016 in package for Gudbranson. Some real good players went in that 2nd round. Katchouk is exactly the type of hard charging ,fast ,hard nosed guys that the Dude just hates with a passion. He’d like all the 2nd rounders dealt away for Linden Vey type guys
Jonathon Dahlen 42nd overall 2016 Draft, Lockwood 3rd round 2016 draft. That bum Asplund was selected with that 2nd round pick, who'd you rather have Asplund or Dahlen, or should I add - Asplund or Lockwood. Genius
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:What a goal by Boris Katchouk. Great pick in the 2nd round of 2016 by an actual good GM in Steve Yzerman. I think Elmer traded our 2nd rounder in 2016 in package for Gudbranson. Some real good players went in that 2nd round. Katchouk is exactly the type of hard charging ,fast ,hard nosed guys that the Dude just hates with a passion. He’d like all the 2nd rounders dealt away for Linden Vey type guys
Jonathon Dahlen 42nd overall 2016 Draft, Lockwood 3rd round 2016 draft
More is better. Shouldn’t have to keep explaining that to you
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sweden beats Belarus 6-1 with five different goal scorers. Captain Lias Andersson the only two goal scorer.

Pettersson had a goal and an assist, both on the powerplay.

The assist was on Lias's first goal. Nice cross ice pass from Pettersson to Nylander who one times it to Andersson who tips it in at the crease. Tic-tac-toe.

The Swedish powerplay, with Pettersson, Andersson, Nylander and Dahlin all on the ice at the same time, looks fantastic! But then, I guess I have to remember that it wasn't top notch opposition.... It'll be interesting to see how they measure up against a real hockey nation.

Love this tournament! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Jonathon Dahlen 42nd overall 2016 Draft, Lockwood 3rd round 2016 draft
More is better. Shouldn’t have to keep explaining that to you
Coming from the drunk who bitched and moaned about the 3rd and 7th for that bum - Eddie Lack
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I did ? I was fine dealing him , felt he could have fetched more but whatevs. I just didn’t like Miller the cancerous prick on the team. Either way the general idea is to obtain more picks when you are rebuilding. I know that’s difficult for a guy to comprehend when half his paycheck is going up his nose
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote:Sweden beats Belarus 6-1 with five different goal scorers. Captain Lias Andersson the only two goal scorer.

Pettersson had a goal and an assist, both on the powerplay.

The assist was on Lias's first goal. Nice cross ice pass from Pettersson to Nylander who one times it to Andersson who tips it in at the crease. Tic-tac-toe.

The Swedish powerplay, with Pettersson, Andersson, Nylander and Dahlin all on the ice at the same time, looks fantastic! But then, I guess I have to remember that it wasn't top notch opposition.... It'll be interesting to see how they measure up against a real hockey nation.

Love this tournament! 8-)
Good news that Petterson got on the scoresheet right off the hop. As I said it would be nice to see Dahlin in a Canucks jersey next year and he could slide into the top 4 easily on the wretched defence Jim Benning has constructed. Juolevi looks nowehere close to an NHL player atm
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I did ? I was fine dealing him , felt he could have fetched more but whatevs. I just didn’t like Miller the cancerous prick on the team. Either way the general idea is to obtain more picks when you are rebuilding. I know that’s difficult for a guy to comprehend when half his paycheck is going up his nose
Benning is averaging a minimum 3 stud prospects per draft. We haven't seen drafting like that since Jake Milford. To give you perspective - with 7 first round picks and 6 second round picks all your buddy Gillis can muster was Horvat (traded Scnneider) and Gaunce. Just tucking dreadful and the catalyst of why Bennings job to fix the future of this team has been an uphill battle from the get go
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They aren’t studs till they actually make an impact in the show. So far Boeser and maybe Tryamkin. However he wants nothing to do with the team.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:They aren’t studs till they actually make an impact in the show. So far Boeser and maybe Tryamkin. However he wants nothing to do with the team.
Juolevi is looking like a steady eddie vet out there. You're a drunk. He looks the most ready out of the Finns D men, but I guess cause he ain't doing Bobby Orr spinoramas he sucks, damn what's happened to you Bubbles, you're turning into Tony I love Gillis Gallagher. What a shame