World Juniors 2015

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2015

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That's good hockey

As usual Reinharts line dominates and Dylan Larkin continues to impress. Fuck the Detroit Red Wings - Larkin and Mantha? They either have good scouts or horseshoes up their asses

Love Demko!

Meh to Eichel and McDavid
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:
Cornuck wrote:I've been enjoying the hell out of these games. Today's has been great so far.

I'm torn with Demko, though....
Because he plays for USA or you'renot sure he is good enough
I wanted see him have a good game, but not win. ;)

I liked what I saw.

Great game to end the year!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Wow! What a game! the pace of that game was incredible,Domi,Larkin & Demko were the 3 stars IMHO.

Probably going to be the best game of the tournament
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gotta say that Eichel is managing the pressure if being the 'next one' much better than Connor, it's almost like he welcomes it, thrives on it. Connor looks really tight out there on the ice and in interviews. When Eichels on the ice he dictates the pace, slows it right down, where Connor pushes the play. Gotta say that Eichel, IMHO is the better player.

Nothing like a 10-day tournament immediately following a broken wrist to clarify things for you, eh Dude? Get real.
You've been Dude baited
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gotta say that Eichel is managing the pressure if being the 'next one' much better than Connor, it's almost like he welcomes it, thrives on it. Connor looks really tight out there on the ice and in interviews. When Eichels on the ice he dictates the pace, slows it right down, where Connor pushes the play. Gotta say that Eichel, IMHO is the better player.

Nothing like a 10-day tournament immediately following a broken wrist to clarify things for you, eh Dude? Get real.
You've been Dude baited
He called me out, I confessed
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Domi, like his dad, has a very punchable face.
And punched it should have been. Same for the Reinharts, starting with Paul.

Fun game to watch but slowly Canada took over the play in the second.

Virtanen needs to stay more N-S and stick to his wing where Lazar and McDavid can find him so that line can maintain puck control.

Demko was very impressive, I was hoping for Virtanen scoring the 1-0 winner in the shootout.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah Virtanen needs to work on his puck support in the offensive zone while Lazar and McDavid are fighting for puck control along the boards. The gap is too big and he's just hanging out their hoping they gain control, I understand their are breakout issues and I guess that's Virtanens assignment in case the Americans win the puck battle but he just looks lost at those times in the O zone. Still not complaining, too much about his game to like

Looks like Ranatanen may have moved himself into the top 10 draft rankings, having a great tourney. Would live to draft him but he will be long gone by the time we select.

Demko is making a case of proving he WAS the best goalie prospect at last years draft. The Flames took MacDonald just ahead of him, hee hee

Why aren't the Oilers drafting goalies? Man are they idiots. Hey MacT we wi give you Demko for Nurse

Reinharts IQ and patience are something to behold. He reminds me of a Hank Sedin, nothing flashy just plays a smart game. Domi looks like a young Martin St Louis.

Did Gradin find us another Swede gem in Forsling?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah it looked like Jake was being told to stay high to disrupt the US breakout . That and he was playing RW which may have thrown him for a loop . Lots to like about his gasket though. Kid has good hands , hits like a truck and can fucking fly . Don't think he will be ready next season but you never know .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

And Eichel goes home without a medal.....

Terrible game from the Americans. All the talk about how it's pretty much the American's medal to lose, and they followed in the footsteps of their Olympic team. :P

Tough game for Demko.....not his best showing. We should probably trade his rights. :lol:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well the US is out in the Quarterfinals. They gave the Russians what, 8 powerplays? DeAngelo might be a talented player with the puck, but boy was he careless with the stick. Russians go down really easy but they're obvious penalties to be called when you slash someone in the side of the head or cross check them in the mouth. Will Eichel's leadership be called into question?

Still, you'd have to think the Americans will still be a force next year, where the could have guys like Werenski, Carlo, Matthews, Tuch, Larkin and Milano back. Eichel almost certainly is NHL bound, and Hanifin could be as well.

Demko had a great tournament. Looks like a real solid pick for the Canucks.

Forsling has another PP goal. Kid can shoot.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I hate all things Russia so it's too bad that they beat the Yanks.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Had a good long look at Hanifin this tournament.

Didn't stand out in any way. Seems to have decent hands and wheels but looked small and didn't like the rough going that much.

Demko didn't stand a chance with the team in front of him not controlling their sticks. He seemed nervous in this one whereas he looked much better against Canada. A solid pick for us and in 2020 migh have our crease lol
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Had a good long look at Hanifin this tournament.

Didn't stand out in any way. Seems to have decent hands and wheels but looked small and didn't like the rough going that much.
Real tough to be an underage d-man in a 19-year old tournament. Last year I expected much more out of Aaron Ekblad. Each only wound up with 2 points as 17 year olds (Ekblad played 7 games, Hanifin 5). That American defence was real young, and for the most part they did okay. I can't believe the amount of bad penalties that team took against Russia. They were the better team, but you just can't take a whole period (16 minutes or so) worth of PIMS and expect to win a hockey game. I guess that just highlights the trouble maintaining composure and discipline when you're dealing with 17-19 year old kids.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Virtanen's most effective play of the tournament after being moved to the Petan line with Paul. A simpler N-S game, he was even on the boards in the corner for puck support. Point's creative quickness was better suited to the McDavid line.

Fabbri gone for the duration with a high ankle sprain.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah Virtanens strengths are definitely N-S, off the rush etc. he struggles at working with his linemates in sustaining puck possession in the O-zone. He also could use a little more patience, hd tends to make a lot of high risk , low chance passes and shots when under pressure. He forces the play sometimes. He can be a bit wild out there