World Juniors 2023

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2023

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bedard looks tired. Seems to lack the jump we saw from him earlier. Wonder if he’s nursing something?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Othmann, Wright and Guenther all standing together not taking the goal scorer standing in front? Meatheads
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Unfortunately our game breaker - Befard is lacking jump tonight to win one for the Gipper
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Impressed with the Czech’s VO2max late in the game. The Canadians look like Horvat after a turkey dinner. Bedard looks spent
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who’s the bigger Canadian Hockey Homer? James Duthie or Gord Miller? Nobody beats Ron MacLean but he’s out of the picture nowadays
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pig Pen’s thread :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I had no idea, but apparently Bedard played junior hockey in Sweden for HV71 during the covid season 20/21 when Canadian junior leagues shut down. It shows how eager he was to find ways to play hockey when the season was shut down. He was only there for part of the season, only played five games, one with their J18 team and the rest on the J20 squad. Guess after that one game on the J18 level they decided it would be better for him to play at the J20 level. He was 15 at the time. :wow:

Anyway, I think it may have been a good experience for him. Each country had a slightly different way of doing things, and doing a short stint abroad in your teens probably helps give you perspective. I mean, it was a short stint, so no life changing stuff and probably not a major impact on the player he is, but still a good experience.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/5 ... nor-bedard
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.