GDT: Feb 4 - Canucks @ Oil 6:30 PM - SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 4 - Canucks @ Oil 6:30 PM - SNet

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote: Whatever rats, we might be the better team today but RoyalDude's Oilers are unstoppable.
Not my team, Bumfelt. Far fromt it, hate them, actually. Just stating the obvious. I mean you'd have to be an idiot such as your yourself to not realize that they should be a team on the rise.

Carry on
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Awesome trash talk by Coiler fans! This one made me laugh:
From TSN
The Canucks retired Stan Smyl and Trevor Linden's jersey. That would be like the Oilers retiring Mike Krushelnyski and Shane Corson's numbers. Grasping... I guess when you can't fill your rafters up with Stanley Cup banners you may as well fill it up with retired numbers from role players.
The truth hurts ??

The Canucks have really only had one number worth retiring and that's 10. If they insist on retiring Maki's number 11 they may as well include 7 and 8 for Lupul and Blight.

Linden, Smyl and Naslund don't deserve to be retired.
Gotta agree with ya there, Blob. But me thinks that the Sedins numbers will be retired one day, as they along with Bure have been this organizations best star players whom you might be able to lump with other teams top stars. Certainly, Smyl, Linden and Naslund do not belong in the elite category.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Whatever rats, we might be the better team today but RoyalDude's Oilers are unstoppable. All they need is a top center or two, four or five solid defensive forwards, three high-quality defencemen and a top-ten goaltender.

Any time now, I'm telling ya.
That is a pretty long shopping list :lol:
With a 'hint' of exaggeration. Schultz is a fine 'offensive' d-man that this team certainly doesn't possess.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote: I've come to the conclusion (premature though it may be) that Schroeder is simply too small to be consistently effective in this league. He can skate, shoot and pass, but he's too easy to knock off the puck and can't drive wide on the faster NHL defencemen. He's too weak on the puck to be a bottom-six checker so I don't see where he'll fit in here long term.

If the kid was three inches taller he'd be a guaranteed top-sixer one day, but he's no St-Louis or Briere and he isn't gritty enough to be a Steve Sullivan. I like that he throws his little body around, but it ain't gonna happen.
Take a look around the league, bumfelt, if you had half a brain you'd might notice that the shrimps are back in. Google, the Hab's Gallagher's height and the Lightnings Conacher's height, Ennis of Buffalo, Granlund of the Wild, Baertschi of the Flames. Ask Hab, Sabre, Wild, Flames and Lightning fans if they like the play of these players?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

RoyalDude wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Whatever rats, we might be the better team today but RoyalDude's Oilers are unstoppable.
Not my team, Bumfelt. Far fromt it, hate them, actually. Just stating the obvious. I mean you'd have to be an idiot such as your yourself to not realize that they should be a team on the rise.

Carry on

An idiot such as my myself? :lol:

Time to take your methadone Royaldunce, because that sounds alarmingly close to a personal attack! You are a very angry fellow my friend, and we should hash this out down at creeper's place.

Look,I wasn't trying to make you urinate all over your Eberle jersey. Heck, between the nightly bedwettings and all the crack-pipe burns, that thing must be looking as haggard as the last tranny you "rescued" in your uninsured cargo van.

Chin up RD, things will get better. I mean they have to right? :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:
An idiot such as my myself? :lol:

Time to take your methadone Royaldunce, because that sounds alarmingly close to a personal attack! You are a very angry fellow my friend, and we should hash this out down at creeper's place.

Look,I wasn't trying to make you urinate all over your Eberle jersey. Heck, between the nightly bedwettings and all the crack-pipe burns, that thing must be looking as haggard as the last tranny you "rescued" in your uninsured cargo van.

Chin up RD, things will get better. I mean they have to right? :lol:
I struck a nerve :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I guess our new game plan is a combination of perimeter hockey slash shut down hockey???

The Sedins are looking old
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:I guess our new game plan is a combination of perimeter hockey slash shut down hockey???

Lol dude you never get tired of diggin do ya
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rumsfeld wrote:I get a big kick out of watching the crowd during Oilers home games. HD has only made that experience better.

Try it, it's fucking hilarious and you'll feel good about yourself. :)
I think I saw a guy wearing a horse head mask?! :wow:
Why do the players have to walk through the parkade between periods??? The Coiler Bowl is seriously ghetto
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:
SKYO wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote: Mason Schroeder Burr (I like it)
Yeah that 2nd line looks like it could do some damage if they can click.
It looks like it could take some damage, that's for sure. The Bruins would be salivating if we iced that line against them.

I've come to the conclusion (premature though it may be) that Schroeder is simply too small to be consistently effective in this league. He can skate, shoot and pass, but he's too easy to knock off the puck and can't drive wide on the faster NHL defencemen. He's too weak on the puck to be a bottom-six checker so I don't see where he'll fit in here long term.

If the kid was three inches taller he'd be a guaranteed top-sixer one day, but he's no St-Louis or Briere and he isn't gritty enough to be a Steve Sullivan. I like that he throws his little body around, but it ain't gonna happen.
After one period yeah not too impressed with that line.

How long do we give Garrison before we can rip on him? Still seems lost out there with barely any puck handling skills.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I guess our new game plan is a combination of perimeter hockey slash shut down hockey???

Lol dude you never get tired of diggin do ya
Am I wrong? What do you want me to say? "THE SEDINS WERE GREAT OUT THERE!" YAAAAYYYYYY" I don't know how anyone could have liked that period of hockey. Effin' terrible from my viewpoint. Maybe I need to take some of those happy pills you cheerleaders are taking, zanax is it?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: After one period yeah not too impressed with that line.

How long do we give Garrison before we can rip on him? Still seems lost out there with barely any puck handling skills.
what line was impressive? Are we even watching the same game? What day is this???

Agree about Garrison, he is like the love child of Jyrki Lumme, Willie Mitchell and Brent Sopel when it comes to brain farts.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

No it was a horrible period. I thought Lou should a stopped hemsky..I am not happy about it but Its my team and I cheer them on. It's the way you say things
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote: After one period yeah not too impressed with that line.

what line was impressive? Are we even watching the same game? What day is this???

Agree about Garrison, he is like the love child of Jyrki Lumme, Willie Mitchell and Brent Sopel when it comes to brain farts.
lol someone on twitter - 'Dana Murzn > Garrison.'

Damn Raymond is back to his old self again, skating on the outside.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

wow - really?

What the hell is up with this team? Do they just expect to win just by showing up?

Also time for a d pairing change on PP, neither of the top 2 pairs are doing anything.

So why didn't AV call a time out? 8-)