GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20712
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there no question that CoHo holds down 3rd line center spot? Sorry Manny 'I Can't Win A Face Off Anymore' Malhotra, your days are numbered. I know you have a supporter in AV, but CoHo and Lapierre might have something to say about that.
Manny still has a place on this roster as one of the leagues top f/o men and a solid penalty killer. He's may be still finding his game, but he continues to help this team in all defensive situations.
Shit, we still have some still buying this crap about Malhotra's importance on this team. His face-offing is so over-fucking-rated. His bread and butter, cause outside of that, he brings nothing to the table. He should be replaced by a Bitz on the 4th line. Lapierre is our 4th line centre. I wouldn't be saying that if we didn't have Lapierre and Coho but we do and he is now redundant. Time for him to make like Ryan Johnson and simply let go to the pastures.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by BladesofSteel »

Tciso wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Is there no question that CoHo holds down 3rd line center spot? Sorry Manny 'I Can't Win A Face Off Anymore' Malhotra, your days are numbered. I know you have a supporter in AV, but CoHo and Lapierre might have something to say about that.
Manny still has a place on this roster as one of the leagues top f/o men and a solid penalty killer. He's may be still finding his game, but he continues to help this team in all defensive situations.
He's our 4th line center, but I'd trade him at the deadline for a rental, or a 2nd rounder. I love the guy, but he is expendable to the team. He'd really have to find his game in the next 20 games to survive the trade deadline if I was GM and a reasonable trade came along. There's a few teams who would love him for his cap hit next season, and defensive play.
Yeah, because a 2nd round pick will help this team succeed in the playoffs way more than Manny.

:roll:
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20712
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tciso wrote: There's a few teams who would love him for his cap hit next season, and defensive play.
His defensive play is over-rated. He is a puck bumbler. It bounces like a hot potatoe on his stick constantly in our defensive zone like it did many times tonight.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by BladesofSteel »

RoyalDude wrote:
Tciso wrote: There's a few teams who would love him for his cap hit next season, and defensive play.
His defensive play is over-rated. He is a puck bumbler. It bounces like a hot potatoe on his stick constantly in our defensive zone like it did many times tonight.
Can't argue with a top five PK team in the league who uses him on the 1st PK religiously.

I won't argue with his puck skills and offensive contribution this year, but what he brings to the team both on and off the ice do not come from dime a dozen players.
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Is there no question that CoHo holds down 3rd line center spot? Sorry Manny 'I Can't Win A Face Off Anymore' Malhotra, your days are numbered. I know you have a supporter in AV, but CoHo and Lapierre might have something to say about that.

Was seriously disappointed in Kesler tonight. He's our bull and was pretty much watching from the Sidelines. I know he scored, but he's our prototypical 'Take the Bull By the Horns' rep on this team and was everything but that.

Edler struggled

Actually impressed with Alberts

Ballard is Mr. Inconsistent on a regular basis. He can be a comedy of errors.

If Salo is out for a while. Tanev and his right handed shot seems to be an obvious call up

Loved our secondary support play from Hansen, Raymond, Hodgson, Higgins and Lapierre.

The Sedins scrapped it out ugly and played great.

Schneider was spectacular.
It appears that CoHo has cemented the third line centre position over the past few games he has really started to show up just when we need a spark. but lets not throw manny under the bus just yet

Not sure what you are talking about with Kesler, he brought his Selke form scored a goal and had plenty of blocked shots

Over all the Canucks were full measure if you ask me
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20712
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote: Yeah, because a 2nd round pick will help this team succeed in the playoffs way more than Manny.

:roll:
No Blades, it's a trade to make room or to clear redundancy and to get something in return. What is needed in Malhotra's place on the 4th line is a bigger representation in the toughness department, Bitz etc. We got enough skilled two-way forwards on this team.

It's a long road through some tough teams to Lord Stanley this year, Boston seems to be almost guaranteed to get there, we may need to beef up a little on our 4th line. Tonight was another sample of why Malhotra is taking up space. If it wasn't for CoHo, Manny may still be a wanted asset, but CoHo has arrived.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20712
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote: off the ice
I don't give a shit what a player is like off the ice. I'm tired of the Trevor Linden good samaritan crap.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20712
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: but lets not throw manny under the bus just yet

Not sure what you are talking about with Kesler, he brought his Selke form scored a goal and had plenty of blocked shots
Manny threw himself under the bus, not I or any one of his detractors in this city. It's his own doing.

As for Kesler, we need more of that dominant arrogant 'gimme the puck' a-hole that we have seen of him in the past but didn't tonight. Not completely slagging him, but expected more from him tonight as this is was the type of arena he thrives in.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4270
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: but lets not throw manny under the bus just yet

Not sure what you are talking about with Kesler, he brought his Selke form scored a goal and had plenty of blocked shots
Manny threw himself under the bus, not I or any one of his detractors in this city. It's his own doing.

As for Kesler, we need more of that dominant arrogant 'gimme the puck' a-hole that we have seen of him in the past but didn't tonight. Not completely slagging him, but expected more from him tonight as this is was the type of arena he thrives in.

you are making it sound like Manny's presence on the roster hurts the Canucks and I don't agree. he isnt the player he was in his prime, but he still contributes and I bet if you polled the players, they would all back the guy. When he was injured last year you saw what he meant to the franchise.
Its interesting that you mention Linden, AV didnt let warm fuzzy feelings colour his decisions. when Linden was no longer useful he was gone as I am sure will happen with malhotra when the time is right. I just don't think the time is right...
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 am

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by clem »

BladesofSteel wrote:Cody Hodgson 1g 1a 3shots FOW-8 FOL-7 TOI 11:19

The difference maker!
The team's patience in bringing him along is being rewarded.

That shot looked was very similar to the one he beat Howard (Detroit) with. Another laser off the inside of the bar. No goalie is going to stop that.

His playmaking is improving as well.
Fred
CC Legend
Posts: 3435
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Fred »

For me I thought Edler wore the goats horns today. He mishandled the puck so often and played a poor game. I wondered if indeed Edler was intimidated. I lost count the number of give aways he had soft passes up the middle, yuck.

Hodgson, this should have been his game. The third line should have been the difference today
cheers
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7091
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Per »

Had too many starters on my fantasy team tonight, so I had to bench two of them.

Since Marchand missed last game with "flue-like symptoms", I decided to let Lapdog play instead. In hindsight it would have been better to start Marchand, who had a goal and a blocked shot, but other than that- they both had 15 PIM, they both had 2 SOG and they both won one face off, so Max didn't mess up my night too much.

And you know what, benching Marchand felt so good, I can live with not getting that goal! :mrgreen:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:45 am

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by clem »

Fred wrote:For me I thought Edler wore the goats horns today. He mishandled the puck so often and played a poor game. I wondered if indeed Edler was intimidated. I lost count the number of give aways he had soft passes up the middle, yuck.
Edler's consistency has never been great - game to game, & sometimes within. The opposite of Salo.
Some Canucks have extra trouble with choppy ice. Including the Sedins. It's not good for the skill game.
I thought the biggest defensive brain farts belonged to Bieksa.
Last edited by clem on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7091
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Per »

Tiger wrote::oops: ok.. with Marchand out the Sedin's can score on the PP ! Hope Sami's OK
There's some divine justice there; Marchand gets a game misconduct and Henrik Sedin scores on the power play!

Brilliant! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7091
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Per »

Fred wrote:For me I thought Edler wore the goats horns today. He mishandled the puck so often and played a poor game. I wondered if indeed Edler was intimidated. I lost count the number of give aways he had soft passes up the middle, yuck.
Don't you have to lose a game before naming a goat? :eh:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Post Reply