GDT: Canucks @ Minny - 6pm - Sportsnet One

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Minny - 6pm - Sportsnet One

Post by Cornuck »

It's the first of back to back games. Is the team already looking at the Chicago game, though?

Sure this a "division rival", but is anyone actually excited about this game? Personally, I'm going to skip this one and watch the game tomorrow. No Gaborik, so who else do the Wild have to watch? All I want is a win, no injuries.

NHL.com Preview

TSN.com Preview

THN.com TooT

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Minny - 6pm - Snet

Post by Robert »

Why can't I see this in my channel lineup? All I see is baseball what is up with that?

I found it, some new channel way up the dial.

Anyways, Go Canucks Go!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Hamhuis is doubtful tonight. Expect Ryan Parent to see his first game as a Canuck if Hamhuis can't go.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Game is on Sportsnet one
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Broda wrote:Game is on Sportsnet one
Someone should tell the Canucks that. it"s 5-1 Minny already. Game 6, and we are playing our #9 Dman. Saweet!!!!!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Minny - 6pm - Sportsnet One

Post by ClamRussel »

WTF is going on?!?!?

For once I'm glad I don't currently have SN One....its saving me from wasting my time.
Plan the parade route!

Seriously....wtf is going on???
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ClamRussel wrote:WTF is going on?!?!?

For once I'm glad I don't currently have SN One....its saving me from wasting my time.
Plan the parade route!

Seriously....wtf is going on???
It's early ClamChops. Let's wait until Christmas before we strip the C off Henrik and give it to Kes 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

I just turned it on....wow...6-1!!
Louie let in 6 on 18 shots?? Was he hung out to dry or were they nice goals?
I know its ealry....I hope they get it going ofter getting spanked like this.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
trouble

Post by trouble »

What a fack up game that was.. The team hung Lou out to dry, Lou looked like he didn't give a Shit

And what got into Rypiens head ( going after the fans).. He will get a huge suspension for that one and it seems the Canucks were not happy about that either as he did not come to the bench after his penalty's were over.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

PK couldn't handle anything. Minny has the best PP in hockey right now. Luongo has to make a save... none of the goals were terrible, but he didn't make any decent saves. Schneider looked far better.

Sedins were the only bright spot offensively. Raymond was all over the ice, couldn't get much going. Most of the boys mailed it in tonight. Parent needs to head to the Moose.

Just a bad game. That's about it.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

Rypien is gone for 10 games easy after that display of stupidity. what a shit display that was. i dunno what to say anymore...i know its 6 games in....but 5 of those six we havent looked even close to being good. i wish i could come up with some sort of reasoning for all this.....we look like we dont give a shit
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

What an embarrassment - from the team and especially Rypien. Tomorrow should be interesting.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Island Nucklehead wrote:PK couldn't handle anything. Minny has the best PP in hockey right now. Luongo has to make a save... none of the goals were terrible, but he didn't make any decent saves. Schneider looked far better.

Sedins were the only bright spot offensively. Raymond was all over the ice, couldn't get much going. Most of the boys mailed it in tonight. Parent needs to head to the Moose.

Just a bad game. That's about it.
I agree, the Wild didn't score any spectacular goals. Some well placed shots but some of them I felt Luongo should've had. That Zidlicky shot was one in a million. He almost took off Andrew Brunette's noggin. He was really slow coming across on that Latendresse goal.
nucklehead_88 wrote: Rypien is gone for 10 games easy after that display of stupidity. what a shit display that was. i dunno what to say anymore...i know its 6 games in....but 5 of those six we havent looked even close to being good. i wish i could come up with some sort of reasoning for all this.....we look like we dont give a shit
10 games is pretty harsh. I would say around 5. As a professional Ryp has to take the brunt of the responsibility but those Minny fans are something else too, that's for sure. It's only October. Canucks are always awful in October. Wait until January/December and this team will just explode.
trouble

Post by trouble »

10 games is pretty harsh. I would say around 5. As a professional Ryp has to take the brunt of the responsibility but those Minny fans are something else too, that's for sure. It's only October. Canucks are always awful in October. Wait until January/December and this team will just explode.

He will get atleast 10 games if not more... First off, the sucker puch to the Minny player, then it looked like he pushed the linesmen and then going after the fans.

This is bad.. and i can also tell you Gillis and AV were not happy about it either. This could be Rypiens last game with the Canucks..
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

jchockey wrote:those Minny fans are something else too
really? How are they possibly any worse than any other team or canucks fans for that matter??? Thats a bullshit excuse. Rypien will likely be suspended indefinitely tomorrow and recieve something like 10-15. He absolutely lost it. Sucker punch, Linesman, needing to be restraint by team mates and touching a fan... I have always been a huge supporter of his, i think he shows a lot more skill at times than a lot of people think. But this was a disgrace, when or if he returns he better have his head on straight. Don't get me wrong though, a clear headed Rypien is very good for this hockey team.

Also i definitely agree that its super early still and burrows isn't in the line up. But some things need to change. I have always been on the AV band wagon. But i have a feeling that if he doesn't get an amazing result this year in the playoffs he might be done ala Ron Wilson in San Jose. But if this early season theme keeps up he could be done sooner.

I really don't think its the end of the world, the canucks have a huge game tomorrow night against the hawks and i think its very possible that they were looking ahead with a "weak" minnesota team in front of them. A team that just got torn apart by their coach. It was expected that they would play a very solid game tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story.