GDT: R2G4 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R2G4 - Canucks host Hawks - 6:30pm - CBC, VS

Post by nucklehead_88 »

all over. see ya next year. i hate this stupid game
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

So much for redemption, last year it was much closer than this... Except for game 1 we have no chance now to even think about what could be..... so fuckin' disappointing, and oh well this is the lineup for sure, everybody who thinks Demitra should be out has no clue in aspects of "playing" hockey and that's what this Chicago team is doing, playing with us.... there are at least 3 players who are more worthless than him.

Sorry Cornuck for pushing up the hopes, i guess we have to redate our beers somewhere in the future whenever that will be.... good luck next year. :(
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Cookie La Rue wrote:So much for redemption, last year it was much closer than this... Except for game 1 we have no chance now to even think about what could be..... so fuckin' disappointing, and oh well this is the lineup for sure, everybody who thinks Demitra should be out has no clue in aspects of "playing" hockey and that's what this Chicago team is doing, playing with us.... there are at least 3 players who are more worthless than him.

Sorry Cornuck for pushing up the hopes, i guess we have to redate our beers somewhere in the future whenever that will be.... good luck next year. :(
The coach gave Demitra every chance to be a player. Sitting a $4M player tells you everything you need to know about his value to the team. The guy just refuses to compete, bottom line.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Comparing a player by his salary is not the right choice in terms of trying to win a series and i say it again, he got more value even when he's playing not up to his salary than more than 3 others who played in this shit.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Cookie, give it up. Demetra would have been the worst player on the ice tonight.

Honest.

With the refs handing out five on three's like bouquets at the winter Olympics we had no chance. Some of those calls were awfull...
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Are we really this incapable of beating this Hawks team? Flipping Nashville looked better. I can't understand how this Chicago team is such a bad match-up for us. Are we simply the latest version of those regular-season-phenom Sens teams? Crap. :evil:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Robert wrote:Cookie, give it up. Demetra would have been the worst player on the ice tonight. ...
For sure, they would have lost anyways because Chicago is clearly the better hockey team.

Brent Sopel :towel:

ps: Blame the refs it's all Buttman and the refs...fuck...sigh.
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Fri May 07, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

Bye bye Luongo,
You had your chance.
Raycroft, it's all or nothing now, we're counting on you!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

The guys just had brain cramps at the wrong times, and Luongo did not bail his team out. Undisciplined play at the wrong times (SOB I coulda killed you) and their inability on the PK killed us. Unlucky bounces, whatever, bounces are bounces. Reffing is reffing and we all know it's atrocious this season all around, but f*ck me there's no need to compound things with a$$-hattedness.

It's been finally evident that our D needs an overhaul. Edler is young and should be given a chance. Salo's under contract for next year, so unless someone takes him this summer you just have to keep him. SOB.... I love him like a retarded son but he keeps pissing me off when he keeps his head in his A$$. Erhoff has vanished in this playoffs and Bieksa has been so-so. Really, we need a big, mobile mean D-man - essentially a linebacker on skates. Times like this I really miss Bryan Allen - a big, mean bastard who makes life miserable for forwards and can play the game. Any chance we can pry him back from Florida? Mitchell isn't here, don't know when his head will be GTG so why would MG put any money towards him? The problem is who is available in the summer.

Thank God Demitra is done this summer. Did anyone miss him tonight? Seems to me that Grabner has taken Demitra's spot and I thank the gods that Demitra's $4 mill is coming off the books this summer. Have a nice life a$$hole, now go look after your hypochondriac wife.

The guys have done this before with Calgary, but it's total gut-check time. If Kesler scores on Sunday, I have reason to believe again because he has yet to score this series. Otherwise.... I don't want to go there yet...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Puck wrote:Are we really this incapable of beating this Hawks team? Flipping Nashville looked better. I can't understand how this Chicago team is such a bad match-up for us. Are we simply the latest version of those regular-season-phenom Sens teams? Crap. :evil:
Here's what I see:

The Hawks just play, the Canucks just react. That's a bad combo. The Hawks' puck movement puts the Canucks to shame. If the Canucks are to truly have a chance to beat the Hawks, they need to win the special teams and goaltending matchups, and since that isn't happening, the Hawks have a confidence and cockiness the Canucks just don't have. For a second year, the Canucks have been outsmarted by a considerably younger team. That should be the most alarming aspect.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I'm hoping for a Chicago win on sunday for the first time in my life, to get over this nightmare and to get a real life again.

i don't even know why i'm wasting so much time and energy for a team, disappointing me again and again... but i'm blaming nobody but me.
Seems to me that Grabner has taken Demitra's spot
If that's the case then more than good luck. We'll meet us in 2021, maybe he's still playing somewhere in the Austrian league for one of the Slowenian teams.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Frog Wop

Post by Arachnid »

I'm sorry guys but Roberto Louongo lost that game for us tonight.

He didn't win the Gold medal for Canada...the offense (Crosby-East Coast) WON it for us.

We signed a large fat ass pasta faggot (Mods will probably delete this even though that gayass Kapil can post Gay comments) to a long contract based on what? A goalie that played BIG? Ewe I'm fucking scared...it wasn't our Defense that failed or our our Offense that failed it was our Goalie that failed just like last year...6-3? In a tight checking playoff game???????

He is our fucking Captain for fuck sakes and all he can do is make it look like he's trying? (I feel like ClamChops here :| )

Have you ever actually met the guy? He's all about Ego. Er ego....Ms. Perfect can you back me up here????????? Halllllllloooooo?????? yeah you guys know me as the Court Jester™ and yeah I'm a little inebriated (are big words allowed here? 8-) ) butt sometimes the truth fucking (BSG Fracking) hutrz.....we were shit tonight, shit team, no passion and shit fans...start being so fucking laid back West Coast and get angry and kick some fucking ass Jesus Fucking Christ on an X-Box can you fans get angry for once in your Temperate Rain Forrest Marijuana induced coma? Leaf fans at least are not as Fickle ™ as y'all....

Ahhh game 5............................................... Fuck me I need a keg of Fucking Mill Street (Granville Island)

Is S(h)id Dickers the biggest possible asswipe in the HisStory of HisSttorY?????????
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri May 07, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I'm not sure what you mean spidey...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
Robert wrote:Cookie, give it up. Demetra would have been the worst player on the ice tonight. ...
For sure, they would have lost anyways because Chicago is clearly the better hockey team.

Brent Sopel :towel:

ps: Blame the refs it's all Buttman and the refs...fuck...sigh.
Yeah conspiracy theory... I never did weigh in on this shit...fucking faggots whoever started that or gave it credence (oooooh big word again ....sorry...) ...take fucking care....

BUTT you are truly right...Bottom line right... BlackHawks/RedSkin/Drunken Indians/Packy's were a better team...Nuff Said™
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Robert wrote:I'm not sure what you mean spidey...
I mean Robert... do you have any Gin left? That's aboot as honest as I get....