GDT: Habs @ Canucks - 10/7 - 7pm - TSN-HD

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Habs @ Canucks - 10/7 - 7pm - TSN-HD

Post by Cornuck »

It would be easy to start this thread with a list of negatives about how the Canucks haven't done anything worthwhile this season, but I will instead list all the positives.

Mitchell is our leading scorer! He's paving the way for a new offensive minded D. We'll see a lot more points from this kid!
The last time we started 0-3, we went on to a 104 point season!
Raycroft has .917 GAA- his best since his Calder year!
Ehrhoff is a 'plus' player!
Just imagine what we'll be like when Demitra, Hansen and Schneider are back!
We're second in the league with 40 shots per game!
We haven't lost any shootouts - or lost in OT!

So you see - there' plenty to cheer about so far this season.

NHL.com Preview
THN.com TooT

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
trouble

Re: GDT: Habs @ Canucks - 10/7 - 7pm - TSN-HD

Post by trouble »

Tonights the night.. The Nuckers turn it around... Luongo is playing the team he loved growing up and Montreal played last night...

4-2 Canucks
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

hey.. I am PUMPED for this game.

with a win, we can make up 19 positions, and go from DEAD LAST in the league to tied for 11th OVERALL!!!!!

WOOT!!!

it has the potential to be the biggest one day jump in standings for the Canucks in franchise HISTORY!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!
GO CANUCKS GO!
GO CANUCKS GO!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I think the Canucks are due, and besides, my other half and I have 4 Nucks and 3 Habs in our fantasy pool...so GO NUCKS GO!

5-2 Nucks

Bernier, D Sedin, Burrows, Salo, Edler

For the Habs

Camelleri and Mara
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

I don't make normally make predictions because I am always wrong. But time to bring out the heavy artillery.

4-2 Habs.

Here's to being wrong again :drink: !!

Actually in the theme of being positive, we are transforming ourselves into a much faster team. Raymond has kept his speed, and Bernier is faster. The D is faster and Burrows and Kesler were always fast. Now once our brains catch up to our feet we'll be OK. I don't think we're a powerhouse but we'll make the playoffs and race Calgary for the division title (barring any major injury trouble).

Back before Vancouver had a franchise Montreal was my favourite team. One of my first memories of hockey was watching les Habs win the 1968 cup, but that was back in the day when everyone made the playoffs (except for Toronto and Detroit). At least Detroit figured it out eventually but Toronto ... ?

Go Canucks Go.
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Well, I can't see the Canucks going 0 for 4, and Luongo loves playing the Habs.

6-0 Canucks, they run the Habs out of town. D. Sedin with 2, Burrows with 2, Edler and Wellwood.
nucks_girl
CC Veteran

Post by nucks_girl »

I'll be at the game tonight with my brother...wearing my work clothes because I wasn't planning on going. Meh.

As long as I see effort and speed, I'm happy. I'm sure Price will be trying to put on a show tonight, but we'll just have to come out hitting their forwards and fighting in the corners so that they won't want the puck so much.

Things I would like to see:

- no fear on my face when SOB has the puck
- a few big hits to start the game and set a tone
- severe hate on Bieksa's face -- you know the look, when it seems like he wants to reach into someone's throat and pull out their heart and then skate over it?
- Lou back in the groove

I'll let you guys know what the fan atmosphere is like tomorrow. If anyone boos at any point during the night, there may be a murder mystery at GM Place tonight.
trouble

Post by trouble »

nucks_girl wrote:I'll be at the game tonight with my brother...wearing my work clothes because I wasn't planning on going. Meh.

As long as I see effort and speed, I'm happy. I'm sure Price will be trying to put on a show tonight, but we'll just have to come out hitting their forwards and fighting in the corners so that they won't want the puck so much.

- a few big hits to start the game and set a tone
- severe hate on Bieksa's face -- you know the look, when it seems like he wants to reach into someone's throat and pull out their heart and then skate over it?
- Lou back in the groove

I'll let you guys know what the fan atmosphere is like tomorrow. If anyone boos at any point during the night, there may be a murder mystery at GM Place tonight.
Run into the team store and grab yourself something to wear :)

I have a feeling we won't see OB tonight.. I Think Rome may get his chance

To get ya in the mood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88c2w
Last edited by trouble on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

nucks_girl wrote:I'll be at the game tonight with my brother...wearing my work clothes because I wasn't planning on going. Meh.

:lol:

Usually when it comes to SOB I apparently mutter sweet (*($&*&(&(#$&*^ things in my partner's ear. However, partner away doing some relief work in Indonesia, so.... I'll just be yelling.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

LotusBlossom wrote: Usually when it comes to SOB I apparently mutter sweet (*($&*&(&(#$&*^ things in my partner's ear. However, partner away doing some relief work in Indonesia, so.... I'll just be yelling.
Hey ! I thought you were trying to stay PoSiTiVe !!?? Watch out or Karma is going to sneak up behind you and bite you in the bum. (i.e., SOB gets a hat trick, gets in three fights, three assists and as a result the term "Shane O'Brien Hat Trick" is created).
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

dr.dork wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote: Usually when it comes to SOB I apparently mutter sweet (*($&*&(&(#$&*^ things in my partner's ear. However, partner away doing some relief work in Indonesia, so.... I'll just be yelling.
Hey ! I thought you were trying to stay PoSiTiVe !!?? Watch out or Karma is going to sneak up behind you and bite you in the bum. (i.e., SOB gets a hat trick, gets in three fights, three assists and as a result the term "Shane O'Brien Hat Trick" is created).

That would be the game of games for SOB...I said sweet nothings...

I am positive...just need comic relief every now and then.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

After playing mediocre ( or worse ) goal for his last 6 real games.. Luongo will show up.. SOB will flatten 2 Montreal forwards.. and the nucks will win one.. ( course Montreal playing back to backs just might help a bit )... Kesler line will score.. 2 goals.. Sedins line 2... and Luongo will only let in 3 :) ( one weak one ) ..

Gooooooooooo Canucksssssss
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
trouble

Post by trouble »

Now that was Canucks Hockey...

Great first period..

3 highlight reel goal ..

Kestler what a move,

Great speed by raymond

and that was an amazing pass by daniel

3-0 van after one
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

YEAH!

Canucks score a touchdown on a night to honour Wally Buono!

I'll have to find a video of the Ripper/Gill fight
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jelly
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Jelly »

SOB with his usual share of turn overs/bobble puck while retrieving it in our zone. one in the first, one in the third.
atleast he hasn't gotten the chance to be cute in the offensive zone so far.

I feel really bad for Price, home town/province, and gets shelled, he can't even be blamed for most of the goals.
The look on his Dad's face after he got pulled was priceless, pun not intended. This + that Roy imitation last season, ouch. More defensive not caring by his team and I could see Price gets moved to Detroit or something down the road, please god not Colorado.

Raymond has done really well IMO, fighting puck battles all over the ice, his goal was because he used his body to shield the puck away from the defender, nice job.

Kesler, aside from the goal, had a quiet game, ish.

Rypien, after Burrows drawing a penalty with short jokes beside Montreal's bench, takes on Hal Gill.
Taller means better? Nope. Rypien wins this fight based on height advantage IMO.
With Rypien's heart and unwillingness to give up a fight, I really don't see the point of having Hordichuk in anymore, sure we need a heavy weight, but I really can't see Rypien giving up or losing out right unless he gets hit by one head on early in the fight.

Daniel's pass to Bernier was SICK, man, if the Sedins were a triplet, they would own the league.
Henrik is showing more from his scoring side, atleast more willing to shoot/make a move. 2 years ago, Henrik would have dished over to Bernier, who would manage to fan on the shot, or shoot it wide, or hit a post.
Henrik showed some crazy sights spotting Daniel on that 7th goal.

Bieksa looks like he has a spark in him, probably because of his daughter's birth, I hope it sticks with him throughout the season.

Luongo was Luongo, that 8 save within 20 seconds thing was insane. INSANE. One bad goal, probably clipped Edler, our gamely goal against bouncing off our own team.

Montreal hasn't won in Vancouver in 9 years.

Oh, and you know how each story has a beginning?
How about a great preseason after a disappointing series against Hawks, then stumbled out of the gate at 0-3. At the morning of the 4th game where fans are calling for the team's heads, a baby Reese Bieksa was borned. A complete turn around by the team and dominated a 7-1 slaugtering. Leading to.....
This signature hates SOB as much as the guy who wrote this signature.