GDT: Canucks host the Blues - 7PM - SNet | 3/19

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host the Blues - 7PM - SNet | 3/19

Post by Cornuck »

Tonight the Canucks face another hungry team battling for the playoffs in the world of parity. This is a Blues team that is 13-5-5 in '09, so it will be a test to see if the Canucks can make it 11 in a row at home. Of course special teams will be a factor as the Blues have the 7th best PP in the league and 12th best PK.

With Burrows and Kesler stealing the spotlight, it's good to know that Luongo has let in 2 or fewer goals in 12 of his last 14 games. Here's a quote from our Captain: ""I know you guys would like to chalk [a goal against Colorado on Sunday] up as a bad goal, but I'll consider it an unlucky goal"

NHL.com Preview
Canucks.com Game Notes
THN.com TooT
ESPN Power Rankings
(CTRL+Click to open in a new window)

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Canucks host the Blues - 7PM - SNet | 3/19

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I am glad Vigneault sat Curtis Sanford against Dallas and played Luongo. I hope he plays him again tonight.

The stuff about the Tucker goal and Luongo's puckhandling was skewed, as usual, by the media.

To me, his puck handling had nothing to do with it - the concerns that should have been address were very weak goals that he has allow in a bunch of consecutive games.

Go back to March 9th against LA when he whiffed on Gauthier's shot. Then the next game against Ana he was kicking rebounds out into the slot which resulted on another goal. Then the next game he let in the Kopitar goal. That was followed by the Tucker goal. 4 very bad goals in 4 consecutive games.

For the most part he's been good, but not his usual great self. He needs to go from a B grade to A. Some shutouts would also give me a shot at first in my pool.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Larry Goodenough wrote:I am glad Vigneault sat Curtis Sanford against Dallas and played Luongo. I hope he plays him again tonight.
Don't you mean Labarbera?

Anyways, anything less then a win will not be acceptable tonight. Sure the Blows are hot, but so are the Canucks. With 2 points the Canucks can pass the Blackhawks and take 4th. I want home ice advantage for the playoffs.

I say 3-2 Canucks. Daniel, Burrows and Salo. MacDonald and Berglund for the Blows.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

Demitra a question mark for tonight's game (swollen knee - presumably from the Ott hit).
If he's out, Hansen is in.

/per Squire
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Linden Is God wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote:I am glad Vigneault sat Curtis Sanford against Dallas and played Luongo. I hope he plays him again tonight.
Don't you mean Labarbera?

Anyways, anything less then a win will not be acceptable tonight. Sure the Blows are hot, but so are the Canucks. With 2 points the Canucks can pass the Blackhawks and take 4th. I want home ice advantage for the playoffs.

I say 3-2 Canucks. Daniel, Burrows and Salo. MacDonald and Berglund for the Blows.

GO CANUCKS GO!!
I was trying to be funny by insinuating Luongo was looking alot like Curtis Sanford.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Larry Goodenough wrote:
I was trying to be funny by insinuating Luongo was looking alot like Curtis Sanford.
Oh sorry, obviously I didn't get it.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I skipped this game, but a shutout's a shutout. :lol: Great to see that the team could put it away in the 3rd.

We still got outshot 30-21 - but who cares.

I am loving this roll - Keep it going!! :wave: :bounce:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Yet again Luongo lets in a weak goal and his stick handling was atrocious. I really don't think he has a shot at representing in the Olympics.

Oh wait...............
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu