Wild @ Canucks - GM PLACE 7PM CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Wild @ Canucks - GM PLACE 7PM CBC

Post by mattola »

can Lou keep up the streak? Will the Canucks show that they can beat a strong team? Will the Canucks find their first 3 game win streak and be on the path to victory? Tune in and Find out.

Same Canucks Time
Same Canucks Station.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Wild @ Canucks - GM PLACE 7PM CBC

Post by Mikodat »

This game is going to be dependent on Lou playing top form.. and the Nucks staying out of the box.. No way can we win if we match special teams.. Wilds got the best PK in the NHL.. and hot goaltending.. On the other hand Vancouver averages about 1/2 a goal a game more than the Wild and has better Dmen.. The wild forwards are better defensively... so its a coin toss. both teams have about the same GF /GA differential. depends on Lou and which team shows up tonight.. Its going to take a highly disciplined team to beat the Wild..

But wtf.. we're due for a little puck luck... so 3 to 2 Canucks ... Kesler, Bernier and D Sedin..

Go Canucks :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Backstrom is 5-0-1, 2.02 GAA, .931 SV% against the Canucks.

That's scary.
I still say canucks win.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Battle for the division lead tonight.

Nucks win in regulation and Calgary loses in regulation or the shootout and we're in 3rd.

Any other combination and we stay where we are.

Louie needs to keep up his strong play and the offence needs a rebound game. I'm not overly confident about tonight but I say we win it 3-2 in a shootout squeaker. Daniel and Edler will score for us, Brunette and Burns for the Wild. Kesler will have the SO winner.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

levelheaded wrote: Brunette and Burns for the Wild. .
No Burns tonight hes on the IR
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

mattola wrote:
levelheaded wrote: Brunette and Burns for the Wild. .
No Burns tonight hes on the IR
Oh really? Well that's good news for us. When was he injured?

I'll change that goal to Benoit Pouliot.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

And AV-Wan Kenobe said, "patience, young canuck padawans, greed leads to jealousy, jealousy to desire, and desire is part of the dark side of the force". And BeaX-Ska [ed: a tribute to Harry Neale] replied, "But master, I can feel it, it is the right time to 'go', is it not ?".

Will the canucks learn patience against the Mild, or will they be brash and impatient and fall face first into the cults trap ?

Who knows, but my guess is I'll fall asleep on the coach at about 7:15 and wake up about midnight, check the final score on the 'net and toddle off to bed. Night night.

Here are the predictions:

- The boogeyman runs around looking for someone to fight, but Hordichuk says no (methinks he is ailing a bit).
- While the boogeyman is running around, the 'nucks score (Willie bounces one in off of Boooogaaaaard's "brain", or at least where his brain would be if he had one).
- The wild trap relentlessly even while behind, and finally open it up with 3 nanoseconds to go in the 3rd. The 'nucks score an empty net goal at the buzzer (Kesler), and it counts !

Final score, 2-0, Louie with his 3rd consecutive shutout.

In an alternate universe, the Mild score first and win 4-0. Luckily we're not in that alternate universe (or are we ?).
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

:lol: alternate universe is good, the Hanson Brothers tour in Europe ended last night and i've been there at 3 shows in the last 4 weeks.... total goombah.

Hey cornuck, the tour will be continued late november and they'll be hopping around Nebraska but not exactly in... but it's more than worth it last weekend we've been to Groningen, Netherlands and it's also 500 km one way...

Fortunately i'm able to watch the game on CBC live tonight on tv at my brother's home i'm heading right now.

So 110%, duke it out, hey ho let's go Canucks....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

dr.dork wrote: - The boogeyman runs around looking for someone to fight, but Hordichuk says no (methinks he is ailing a bit).
- While the boogeyman is running around, the 'nucks score (Willie bounces one in off of Boooogaaaaard's "brain", or at least where his brain would be if he had one).
Close Hordi actually fights Boogaard after Salo scores on the PP.

With that said the Wild's PK is really good. I'm amazed we actually managed to get one, we were fortunate to get 3 penalties in a row there. We're gunna see some makeup calls pretty soon.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cookie La Rue wrote::lol: alternate universe is good, the Hanson Brothers tour in Europe ended last night and i've been there at 3 shows in the last 4 weeks.... total goombah.

Hey cornuck, the tour will be continued late november and they'll be hopping around Nebraska but not exactly in...
You're having too much fun Cookie! Looks like OKC (six hours) is going the the closest they get. I'll have to see what the weather's like then. :D

Canucks still holding on to the 1-0 lead - maybe it's all we'll need.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Three in a row for Louie.

Well, he has 5 now.

The Canucks record is 7.

This is crazy.

He has a chance to break his own record next game. Hasn't allowed a goal since the second period of the detroit game during a 5 on 3. 10 straight periods of shutout hockey.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Good game Canucks... 2 - 0.... Great game Luongooooooooooooooo :) Sedins good game.. Salo got his shot back !!!! #1 .... in div...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Cannie
CC Veteran

Post by Cannie »

Will someone give props to Dr. Dork for predicting the Boogaard/Hordichuk fight and the final score! You may have been on some mind-bending substances when you posted, but my gosh you nailed it!

A few thoughts:

* I think we are learning how to play vs. Minnesota. The Wild are a very good team, their system is formidable, but A-Vig and the staff is preaching positional play and patience to thwart their suffocating style. It sure helps to have our defence intact. Mobile, physical, and versatile. Our top 5 is clicking on all cylinders right now (can't include O'Brien in the praise) and it sure makes us realize how difficult it was to put bandaids on the back end last year through all the injuries.
* Minnesota really missed Gaborik, for his counter-attack potential, and Burns for his mobility and speed.
* Luongo looks absolutely tuned in. Two great left pad saves tonight, and plenty of saves made with a minimum of fuss. I was at the game on Thursday and he looked tremendous.
* Huge game on Wednesday! I like the fact that Coach is giving the troops the day off tomorrow for family and rest.
* Personally looking forward to the game next Saturday, I have sweet seats. Going with 2 Laff fans and a fellow Canucks fan. Can't wait!
:towel: :towel: :towel: GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Not a bad game as far as Wild-Canuck games go. Low scoring, but there were actual scoring chances on both sides, and both goalies played well. Louie made some absolutely phenomenal saves tonight.

First place, although the Wild have two games in hand.

I must admit, at times I sitting there mouth agape, thinking, these Canucks can PLAY. Defensively, at times, we were very very good. The Wild are very good and very disciplined, and we managed to beat them at their own game. I AM impressed.

I'm not sure who had more chances, but both Louie and Backstrom had a good game, and a star for each is probably right.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Cannie wrote:Personally looking forward to the game next Saturday, I have sweet seats. Going with 2 Laff fans and a fellow Canucks fan. Can't wait!
I am DREADING that game, I live in downtown Toronto with 3 leaves fans and another neutral who leans towards the leaves. If the Canucks lose I would never be able to live it down (plus I'd lose a ton of money as I'm sure to be making multiple bets on this one).

Should be a great game, plus it'll be the official unveiling of the god awful third jerseys.