GDT Canucks @ Peg 5pm SN Pac

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Canucks @ Peg 5pm SN Pac

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:11 pm Because some of us are idiots
In this case, we are all Canucks idiots.

Even when they've been historically bad, I never felt it was a chore to be a Canucks fan. The last 2-3 years, I've really just lost a lot of interest. Turned down dozens of free tickets.

Mostly I'm just here to hang out with you idiots. Way more interesting than the shit product on the ice.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Finally some truth in reporting from CA: https://canucksarmy.com/news/canucks-am ... iving-puck

This is how propaganda works, even if the facts don't back up the narrative.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

"Houston, we have a problem." "We need to move an NHL franchise down to you all there."

"Roger that."
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Mëds wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:12 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:19 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:14 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:03 pm 100% Carl. The local media has to have a bad guy, and it looks like Miller is it. Check out twitter tonight, it's really annoying.
Luv Millzy's fire and compete lvl, but I think his job there is to get the puck deep up ice and he should not be worried about the goalie. It's up to the coach when to pull the goalie. If Delia didn't move when the coaches were motioning him to get off, then that'd be a different story.

I think Delia deserves a break. He played well in all the games since his callup and tonite he was pretty solid and gave up a chance to win. He's adapting well to being in the NHL again and there should be more clear communication to him on when he should leave for the bench (ie: when we have possession vs when the puck is deep vs when the coaches will call him). He's still really new to the team and still learning our systems. His main job is to stop the puck and he has been pretty solid in that dept.
I'm not piling on Snoozer, Delia brain cramped bad there.

https://twitter.com/LachInTheCrease/sta ... 8UYj310DXA

Canucks twitter is a cesspool. Only Lee Powell has an accurate take on the situation imo:

https://twitter.com/leepowellST/status/ ... 5vocDsaEzg

https://twitter.com/leepowellST/status/ ... 5vocDsaEzg
I’m with ‘Snoozi on this one. That first clip starts with 1:07 left on the clock and Delia gets to the bench with 0:45 left. The Canucks circled back before the blue line right in front of him multiple times with a Jet forechecker right on them. Miller had a Jet forward actively shadowing him the entire time he’s waving Delia to go while skating back towards the. Canuck net.

With Miller’s history of bad passes and turnovers that end up in the back of our net, one can’t fault a goaltender for hesitating.

The Canucks then breakout of the zone before the 6th man can engage in the play…..they should have run that breakout right away rather than fixating on Delia who would have been at the bench at the 1:00 mark had they not kept circling back.
He should have skated to the bench before that clip even starts. All the "multiple circling back" was because the fucking goaltender wouldn't skate to the bench :lol:

*Boudreau is now putting it on himself: https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status ... FdjQZ6wo4g

JT Miller :D https://twitter.com/RandipJanda/status/ ... BWrKez_HJQ
el rey del mambo
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Right now, everything on this team seems like it is under the microscope. 2 years ago many of has hopes that maybe the team would start to play better and the worse of the days are behind them. Fast forward 2 seasons and it seems nothing has changed and fans are just sick and tired of not knowing what to expect.

The reason I said what i did about Miller is that he has done more than his fair share of fuckups in a game at all different times. I am not shitting on him because he got paid. I am shitting on a player that I thought trading would be better for the team in the long term.

Yep we are all idiots, we spend countless hours on this team and it is frustrating because we can’t control anything.

At least I got a nice bottle of whiskey for Christmas. An Irish one, Redbreast 12 yo, really smooth and quite surprising in a smooth taste. I may hate the results at the end of the game but it always feels better with 2 fingers.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:18 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:11 pm Because some of us are idiots
In this case, we are all Canucks idiots.

Even when they've been historically bad, I never felt it was a chore to be a Canucks fan. The last 2-3 years, I've really just lost a lot of interest. Turned down dozens of free tickets.

Mostly I'm just here to hang out with you idiots. Way more interesting than the shit product on the ice.
The technical (and preferred term) is reprobates.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You into the Irish Whiskey, Reef?
Mëds wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:23 pm The technical (and preferred term) is reprobates.
My sincerest apologies :oops:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

"It's my fault": Boudreau and Miller explain Canucks goalie pull drama

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/boudrea ... WT3pLwiKRM
It’s my fault... Collin was looking at me and he wasn’t paying any attention to J.T. If you’ve ever been on the ice, it’s pretty hard to hear. He was trying to get his attention. There’s no animosity built. There are 48 seconds left in the game. [Delia is] looking at me, I’m waiting for us to come up the ice a little bit to make sure we have possession

I think it’s being blown way out of proportion. J.T.’s doing everything he can to win at that point and Collin’s being the good person, where he’s the new guy with us, and he’s looking at me for direction. If I didn’t give the proper direction, that’s on me.

I called him and then I sent him back… I think we’re making a mountain out of a molehill.
- Coach B
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Fans everywhere regardless of the sport always make mountains out of molehills.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:36 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:23 pm I would like to see Hogs, Pods and Pearson back in the lineup.

Guys like Dries and Pederson have already had too much big league coffee and are leaking everywhere. Please send them back to the farm.
Pearson…. sure. The kids need ice time. 20 min a game and get their feet under them. Asinine to shoehorn rookies into the lineup- see Hutton, Virtanen, McCann etc
Yeah, I'm glad they sent Hoggy, Podz and even Aman today down. Let those guys play tons of minutes, play in pressure situations and work on their games. At the end of the day, I think we'll get a better player long-term and if they're playing well, we can call them up close to playoff time. I don't mind going with the likes of Studnik, Dries, Peddy, Joshua and Lockwood for the time being. They are guys who are a bit older, paid their dues in the minors and are more experienced.