GDT: Dec 27 San Ho vs Canucks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dec 27 San Ho vs Canucks

Post by mr perfect »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:49 pm Dood, Little Cliffy Ronning played in the wrong era... in the late cretaceous period where monsters roamed, bench-clearing brawls occurred regularly, tie-downs did not exist and guys could do anything they wanted without fear.

I first saw him on community TV with the New West Bruins, waterbugging in Cooperalls, winning the ROY and then the league scoring title and MVP, setting a new record of 197 pts that season. Nobody could touch him.

He didn't get a fair shot with the Blues, but he was offensively gifted in the corners and from behind the net. Good playmaker and had a hammer of a shot for a little guy... using a wood Sherwood 5030 like today's composite sticks. Mogilny scored 55 goals with Ronning as his primary center. Imagine what he could do in today's NHL as a smaller player?

He was great with the Canucks and especially during the 94 run. Garly couldn't carry Cliffy's tiny jockstrap.

Lots of good players came out of Burnaby minor hockey.
My first job when we moved to the Lower Mainland was working at Kensington Park Arena next to Burnaby North Secondary. I saw plenty of Ronning when he played midget for BWC then with the New West Royals of the BCHL. Very good player for the Canucks but an obnoxious runt then and I hear still is now.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dec 27 San Ho vs Canucks

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

mr perfect wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:36 pm
My first job when we moved to the Lower Mainland was working at Kensington Park Arena next to Burnaby North Secondary. I saw plenty of Ronning when he played midget for BWC then with the New West Royals of the BCHL. Very good player for the Canucks but an obnoxious runt then and I hear still is now.
Ya he was a total twat. I offered him a rip off my joint at a house party and he had a little fit, stormed out to his BMW and burned tires outta there...never to be seen or offered a rip again from Cousin Strawberry
If you need air...call it in