GDT: 17 Dec 22 Shamoo vs Bi-Planes @ 19:00 PST on SN & HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 17 Dec 22 Shamoo vs Bi-Planes @ 19:00 PST on SN & HNiC

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:23 pm That’s it for me tonight. Switching to 1883
1883? What’s that?
On Amazon Prime. A prequel to Yellowstone
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:10 am After listening to Alvin on After Hours I have to say I do not like the guy. He comes across as a smug bastard, full of himself yet nothing to say. His style seems to be dump shit then run for cover. I just do not like him. He has been GM for almost a year and he says nothing really other than we need more players 25 or younger. He has not instilled any confidence in me.

I have to hope that there is a plan and that moves are coming. Maybe moving slowly as they have more than 1, 2 or 3 moves planned? He seems to hang his hat on picking up Bear and Stillman. The Bear trade looks like a good one. We get Bear and Pederson for a 5th. Now whether Pederson can ever translate his game to the NHL who knows but if they need a Bo replacement they had better be auditioning these kids a lot.

I have not watched a full game this year. Just can't do it.Tonight I lasted one period. We are not playing exciting hockey and I have no confidence that we can win, any game. When we do win that seems like the fluke. I'm still all in for keeping Bo and trading JT. I don't like JT's game.

I hate that this team from management is floating all these rumours. Everyone but Petersson is on the market. What type of atmosphere are they trying to build? Well go ahead and trade Hughes and Bo and whoever the fuck else. Just make sure you get back value or just fuck off already.

I have never felt this close to just packing it in and finding a new way to spend my time. This version of the Canucks is so boring, no fun, hard to watch, hard to care about.

Rant over
Yes plus, as some are saying, Allvin sounds a lot like Lennie Small.

There have been some very exciting games this year though Wids.

When they're skating and scoring like mad... well it's awesome.

But yeah, last night's game was awful, like a lot of games this year.

Perhaps you should record them all and watch only the ones where they are dynomite.

DYNO MITE
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:10 am I hate that this team from management is floating all these rumours. Everyone but Petersson is on the market. What type of atmosphere are they trying to build? Well go ahead and trade Hughes and Bo and whoever the fuck else. Just make sure you get back value or just fuck off already.
Do we know that this is coming from management? I mean, we know full well that the media vultures look for anything that they can throw out there as click bait, and if they aren't hearing anything then they just speculate and call it rumour. I'm not overly familiar with the journalistic mongrels that cover other markets, but we have a toxic pool of writers that cover the Canucks and always have.

As for Allvin, what I hate is that he neither confirms nor denies when questioned. Just does the "who said that?" crap. I also was rather uninspired by his comment about bringing in Stillman as if that was some good move and that he's been an upgrade to the team.

I'm not at all impressed with what JR/PA have done so far.
Rant over
It was legit.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:18 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:03 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:54 am Meanwhile Doyle’s been complaining all season since the Miller extension about the new regimes lack of action for making significant moves marking the start of a “rebuild”.
at least with Benning there was some sort of hope(superb drafting)....these idiots reek of incompetence
Unfortunately Lekkerimaki looks like the next coming of Hunter Shinkaruk
Well, the whole team (Djurgården) has underperformed, and now they fired the coach like two weeks ago.
We’ll see if he fares better under the new coach.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.