Re: GDT: Canucks host habs - Dec 5 7:30pm - SNP / ESPN+

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I give up…..

Yay……???
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Canucks' biggest comeback win since 1973!

The team is gelling. Horsey says so!

I hope Doc is enjoying watching Steel Magnolias
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

An entertaining one to be sure.....if you like bush league defense and watching amateur sports.

Some perspective.

Canucks are supposed to be a team competing for a playoff spot this year. The Canadiens are in year one of a full rebuild starting their backup goaltender. The only thing to celebrate is that they didn't just roll over and die when it was 4-0.

Also, can we please trade JT Miller. I don't care that he setup the tying goal, I can't stomach the thought of watching that $8M blind back pass for another 6 seasons. If I have to choose between JT Miller and Boeser, I keep Boeser.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Lol what a fucking game

We fans deserve some therapy
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

is it safe to say that this is Petey's team now (and Bo too)

They've been carrying this mentally fragile team on their back the whole season
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:09 pm Some perspective.

Canucks are supposed to be a team competing for a playoff spot this year. The Canadiens are in year one of a full rebuild starting their backup goaltender. The only thing to celebrate is that they didn't just roll over and die when it was 4-0.
So? We started our backup as well, then played our 3rd stringer. Also, not sure the Habs are exactly on full rebuild when the acquire guys like Dach, Monahan and Dadonov.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:36 pm is it safe to say that this is Petey's team now (and Bo too)

Weird thing about Petey this year, I mean, his signature goal is kind of that powerplay top corner slapshot.

Now, so far this season he has 12 goals, trending for 38 on the season, all of them at even strength.
Not a single power play goal this season, and we're 26 games in. Wtf? :o

https://www.nhl.com/player/elias-pettersson-8480012

He has had 9 pp assists, but not a single goal.

But he's still trending for a 100 point season, so I guess it's all good. :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

For pure comedic entertainment I highly suggest scrolling back in this game thread to when the Habs were up 4-0 :lol: the rooster tail pissing at the Canuck urinal was through the roof over the top chicken little end of times.

If that wasn’t a “character” come from behind win I don’t know what is! Still in the wildcard race baby! 56 games to go!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:37 am

So? We started our backup as well, then played our 3rd stringer. Also, not sure the Habs are exactly on full rebuild when the acquire guys like Dach, Monahan and Dadonov.
Nevermind Mëds the Swede Hater he’s in a bad place having trouble accepting how generational Petey is. “Year one full rebuild” :lol: when did they sell Pacioretty for Suzuki? 2017? What year was that in the rebuild? Negative 6? When did they draft Kotkaniemi 3rd overall? Negative 4 in the rebuild?

Anyhow, it seems to me that Mëds fully doesn’t appreciate our goaltending situation without Demko.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:36 pm is it safe to say that this is Petey's team now (and Bo too)

Yup. The lone bright spot has been Petey, well his whole line has been great all year. Bo Knows Goals has been weird to watch. 20 goals and 7 assists is just a plain weird combination of numbers for a centre.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:09 pm An entertaining one to be sure.....if you like bush league defense and watching amateur sports.

Some perspective.

Also, can we please trade JT Miller. I don't care that he setup the tying goal, I can't stomach the thought of watching that $8M blind back pass for another 6 seasons. If I have to choose between JT Miller and Boeser, I keep Boeser.
Should we trade $8 million Miller and his 11 goals and 15 assists for $10.5 million Huberdeau’s 4 goals and 11 assists?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I was wrong.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So after 26 games, Petey’s line

Pettersson - 12 goals 20 assists - 32 points
Kuzmenko - 12 goals 11 assists - 23 points
Mikheyev - 8 goals 7 assists - 15 points

7 points from this line after last nights miracle come from behind win. 4 of the points were goals. How massive is this line?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Of all the games to decide to turn off.... Jekyll and Hyde in one game! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:37 am

Where did Montreal finish last year?

Look at the age of their roster and the trades they made. They are in rebuild mode.

From The Athletic.....

On Tuesday, Canadiens GM Kent Hughes discussed the state of the franchise with Pierre LeBrun of The Athletic. Hughes said that early on after being hired (Hughes was named General Manage on January 18th of this year), he and his boss, Jeff Gorton, had declined to put any sort of label on their plans, whether that be a rebuild, a retool, a reset, or something else. However, when pressed by LeBrun about whether Price’s status impacts the direction of Montreal’s plans, Hughes said “I think so” before adding, "If we had a fully healthy Carey,” then remarking that they did owe it to Price to try and remain competitive.

So I mean, their GM seems to think that they are rebuilding since Price is healthy and they don't need to remain competitive for him due to that injury.

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens- ... imidation/

The Hockey Writers seem to think they are rebuilding.

I mean, new coach, new GM, new bodies in. Looks like the start of one.

Did you even pay attention to the Monahan trade? They absorbed Calgary's cap dump, charged them a 1st round pick, and sent back nothing more than future considerations. That's something a rebuilding team does, they take on a player who is not living up to his AAV and has minimal term remaining (in this case just this season) and charge the "contender" a fee for the service.

Dadonov got them out from under Weber's contract. Another trade that brought in a player who is underperforming his AAV and only has one year left.

Oh yeah, and Kerby Dach is 21 years old. They acquired a former 3rd overall pick for a middling 1st and 3rd. He's got 18 points in 25 games and projects to be a good player with size.