GDT: Canucks @ Capitals - Monday Oct 17, 2022 @ 4 PM PST SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Capitals - Monday Oct 17, 2022 @ 4 PM PST SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:47 pm Translate that to English please Dude.
It’s Chefbonics, work with it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Man...another blown lead. Demko average, defense foundering...now what the fuck.

Have I gained any allies on the trade Boeser bandwagon? Dude is minor league making 7 a year. The new Lou!
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:12 pm
:lol:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:12 pm
No.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:38 pm Yes...I don't honestly think were getting Bedard.

It was a joke made when considering the flow of your previous posts in the thread is all.
Well I laughed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:13 pm Man...another blown lead. Demko average, defense foundering...now what the fuck.

Have I gained any allies on the trade Boeser bandwagon? Dude is minor league making 7 a year. The new Lou!
The point of making an effort to post anything around here seems meager at best.
donlever wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:16 am My thoughts are you're really talking about Horvat and performing a Class A, CC troll job trying to lure me into some debate you're likely having with Blob.

I will say this....

...this team needs a #2 RHD to play with Hughes to continue a forward moving, evolutionary process.

Right now they're just fucking with the young man's equilibrium.

1/2 - Hughes/Fictional RHD
3/4 - OEL/Meyers
5/6 - who the fuckever of the group they have/Schenn

If they (continue to) stagger for the first 8 -10 games I'm looking to shake the team up with a trade.

Assets I'd be willing to move would be Horvat and Boeser to start.....
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee is losing it 3 games in. We only have 79 more to go, but might as well tank for Bedard after 3 games, cause it’s over :lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:13 pm Man...another blown lead. Demko average, defense foundering...now what the fuck.

Oh, I think you have plenty of allies, it's just that there's no market for Boeser at this point, and he isn't getting much of a return if and/or when they ultimately pull the trigger.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:21 pm Blobbee is losing it 3 games in. We only have 79 more to go, but might as well tank for Bedard after 3 games, cause it’s over :lol:
Nobody is losing anything. The team has stunk so far but you have zeroed in on Kyle Burroughs (local guy not surprising) and Bo Horvat (an Eye Bags pick which is also not surprising). You are as easy to spot as a fat moose riding through a whistle stop town on a unicycle wearing a bikini. Your shtick isn’t old. It’s covered in mothballs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:46 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:35 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:16 pm Why is Rathbone being benched? I have him penciled at #7/8, but he is below Juulsen? Wtf?

Even with the left/right thing. Wtf!!
Pretty sure Boudreau said it was because the Caps are a heavier team and Rathbone will play against the CBJ tomorrow.
What really has Rathbone showed to warrant him playing when the team is having problems holding leads? Juulsen plays a tougher game. Someone has to partner with Stillman. Who by the way I think has played ok these first two games. Fortuitous move by Allvin trading for him too.

Rathbone will play. Ease him in and give him a chance to succeed.
I missed this earlier, but I agree, I don't think Rathbone showed enough aside from the first pre-season game. I thought Juulsen did fine tonight, all things considered, and I've been good with Stillman overall as well. No issues with the depth D guys under the circumstances, I'm more concerned with some of the core forwards.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:34 am
I expect a good bounce back game, a full 40 minute effort!
Well, you got it. Maybe next time aim for 60 minutes? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:50 pm
Cornuck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:34 am
I expect a good bounce back game, a full 40 minute effort!
Well, you got it. Maybe next time aim for 60 minutes? :|
You're up early!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:20 pm

The point of making an effort to post anything around here seems meager at best.
donlever wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:16 am My thoughts are you're really talking about Horvat and performing a Class A, CC troll job trying to lure me into some debate you're likely having with Blob.

I will say this....

...this team needs a #2 RHD to play with Hughes to continue a forward moving, evolutionary process.

Right now they're just fucking with the young man's equilibrium.

1/2 - Hughes/Fictional RHD
3/4 - OEL/Meyers
5/6 - who the fuckever of the group they have/Schenn

If they (continue to) stagger for the first 8 -10 games I'm looking to shake the team up with a trade.

Assets I'd be willing to move would be Horvat and Boeser to start.....
8-10 should be the realistic time to start worrying. I know it feels like panic time but they have shown some good play in these 3 games. Tonight they looked hungry but ran into another hungry team. The caps D is actually pretty solid ..I wasn't aware of that
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:31 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:46 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:35 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:16 pm Why is Rathbone being benched? I have him penciled at #7/8, but he is below Juulsen? Wtf?

Even with the left/right thing. Wtf!!
Pretty sure Boudreau said it was because the Caps are a heavier team and Rathbone will play against the CBJ tomorrow.
What really has Rathbone showed to warrant him playing when the team is having problems holding leads? Juulsen plays a tougher game. Someone has to partner with Stillman. Who by the way I think has played ok these first two games. Fortuitous move by Allvin trading for him too.

Rathbone will play. Ease him in and give him a chance to succeed.
I missed this earlier, but I agree, I don't think Rathbone showed enough aside from the first pre-season game. I thought Juulsen did fine tonight, all things considered, and I've been good with Stillman overall as well. No issues with the depth D guys under the circumstances, I'm more concerned with some of the core forwards.
Rathbone is the one with stetcherism, he should have been sent down if not for all these injuries

Core forwards are not showing any promising signs
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I thought Bo Horvat looked very good today. He was strong on the walls and took pucks to the net.