GDT: Canucks @ Capitals - Monday Oct 17, 2022 @ 4 PM PST SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Capitals - Monday Oct 17, 2022 @ 4 PM PST SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The coaching staff (Bruce) did not run a good training camp. I’m seeing a sloppy unprepared team. He should’ve made cuts sooner like all the other teams
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Bruce there it goes

This team needs a trade
Last edited by CrzyCanuck on Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Every time I see Kuznetsov i reflect on the wonderful experience of having Keith Ballard for that short and wonderful time.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wasn't expecting an 3-0 start, nor was I expecting an 0-3 start....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:16 pm There’s a little too much Troy Stecher in Burroughs game for my liking. The bumbling errors are more frequent than I like
Yeah it’s his fault JT has been on for ten goals against. Lol what a take! Won’t take long to fall right out of it this year. Vegas has a real coach, Alberta is good. Hopefully management has no untouchables. Maybe Pod and Hughes. Demko will age out before they turn this around at this rate.

Bedard needs to stay home.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:20 pm Wasn't expecting an 3-0 start, nor was I expecting an 0-3 start....
0-7 won't be far

Almost half way there
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Every time I see Yeo I see Bruce’s replacement when Bruce is fired.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:21 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:16 pm There’s a little too much Troy Stecher in Burroughs game for my liking. The bumbling errors are more frequent than I like
Yeah it’s his fault JT has been on for ten goals against. Lol what a take! Won’t take long to fall right out of it this year. Vegas has a real coach, Alberta is good. Hopefully management has no untouchables. Maybe Pod and Hughes. Demko will age out before they turn this around at this rate.

Bedard needs to stay home.
Doyle, chill it’s a long season
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

On the bright side I don't have to do the GDT tomorrow

And if that's not bright enough for you the Coyotes are up 4- 2 on the Leaves with seconds left.

So Blob is that much closer to his dream.....
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The inability to protect the leads we briefly have had the joy of experiencing these first 3 games leads me to believe that the coaches are dropping the ball
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:25 pm On the bright side I don't have to do the GDT tomorrow

And if that's not bright enough for you the Coyotes are up 4- 2 on the Leaves with seconds left.

So Blob is that much closer to his dream.....
What dream is this?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

The Bedard dream Blob....
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:25 pm The inability to protect the leads we briefly have had the joy of experiencing these first 3 games leads me to believe that the coaches are dropping the ball
Are coaches dropping the ball or is the player culture so shitty that they just don’t execute.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:29 pm The Bedard dream Blob....
We have no chance. I’d give up any four players ,including our own pick, on this team for him save Podkolzin and Huggy. It wouldn’t be enough.

Petterson
Demko
Horvat
2023 1st doesn’t get it done. Is Rathbone and Piglander enough of a sweetener?

I’d give them Hughes and Petey in a 2 for 1. Doubt that does it.

He’s a huge Canucks fan though. Can see him coming home if he gets stuck in the desert with Pigman for seven years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:50 pm Seems like they knew they shot their season because of atrocious special teams early last season. Then they talked a lot about it this season.

Nothing has changed.
The team finally found a defenseman who can QB a PP but they don’t have a centre who can run the PP from below the redline. Pettersson probably could do it, but he’s deployed up as the trigger man on the RW half boards.

Teams just have to police the umbrella to effectively neutralize the Canucks PP.