GDT: Canucks at Flyers, damn early Oct 15

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks at Flyers, damn early Oct 15

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:05 am Lofl....great thread...doesn't take long for the wheels to fall off and to turn on the team, and each other, like rapid dogs for Canuck fans.
Donny. Do you think it’s wise to tie up big money in 3 Centermen? Two, yes but paying the big bucks to your 3C is that smart dispersal of cap money? Especially considering the depth issues we have on defence.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:05 am Lofl....great thread...doesn't take long for the wheels to fall off and to turn on the team, and each other, like rapid dogs for Canuck fans.
I dunno about the others but I'm frothing....
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:11 am
Donny. Do you think it’s wise to tie up big money in 3 Centermen? Two, yes but paying the big bucks to your 3C is that smart dispersal of cap money? Especially considering the depth issues we have on defence.
In your Chef like, roundabout way you're asking me if they should sign Horvat....
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:49 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:11 am
In your Chef like, roundabout way you're asking me if they should sign Horvat....
A general question about tying up big money in 3 centres? Not a who question. I lean towards tying up big money on two centres and lesser money on your 3C mainly because there isn’t enough ice time for having 3 very expensive centres to justify the costs, especially with big holes in other areas of the roster besides centre. Your thoughts? Sort of like having two expensive lead hand carpenters on one project when you only need one to lead lesser carpenters. You dig?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

My thoughts are you're really talking about Horvat and performing a Class A, CC troll job trying to lure me into some debate you're likely having with Blob.

I will say this....

...this team needs a #2 RHD to play with Hughes to continue a forward moving, evolutionary process.

Right now they're just fucking with the young man's equilibrium.

1/2 - Hughes/Fictional RHD
3/4 - OEL/Meyers
5/6 - who the fuckever of the group they have/Schenn

If they (continue to) stagger for the first 8 -10 games I'm looking to shake the team up with a trade.

Assets I'd be willing to move would be Horvat and Boeser to start.....
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The right D is a problem, Donny for sure, no if ands or buts. The only issue with moving out Horvat is the organization lacks Center depth after the top 3. Very top heavy. Will have to start adding centre depth in the pipeline quickly, but it’s a conundrum for sure because I’m not a fan of spending that much money on 3 centres when you have big holes on defence
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Not a big Horvat fan.

The prototypical (since 1989) Canuck Captain seems to me.

I'd not be paying him what he wants.

Seems to me the team power brokers made a fairly profound statement when signing Milller prior to Bo.
DeLevering since 1999.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, looky who's back? The Reprobate.

Smart not to get lured into the Chef's traps.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

To be fair, the turning on each other has been more of a constant thing regardless or time of year or win or lose. :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:25 am The right D is a problem, Donny for sure, no if ands or buts. The only issue with moving out Horvat is the organization lacks Center depth after the top 3. Very top heavy. Will have to start adding centre depth in the pipeline quickly, but it’s a conundrum for sure because I’m not a fan of spending that much money on 3 centres when you have big holes on defence
This is especially true considering how useless Pettersson is at faceoffs.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:32 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:25 am The right D is a problem, Donny for sure, no if ands or buts. The only issue with moving out Horvat is the organization lacks Center depth after the top 3. Very top heavy. Will have to start adding centre depth in the pipeline quickly, but it’s a conundrum for sure because I’m not a fan of spending that much money on 3 centres when you have big holes on defence
:lol:

Not this again
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mëds should review Docs naked Salming pics.

He'd have a better appreciation for Swedes.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:32 pm
Only you Mëds are choosing the lower skilled centre over our most skilled forward.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks at Flyers, damn early

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:27 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:25 pm Too bad Hoglander couldn't bury that, Torts would have lost his mind and probably bag skated the Flyers between periods.
HA!

Fuckin' Torts eh...
Sach er Tort
Ahhh, now I understand the OP. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

If they did move Pettersson, the haul would be yuge. Think Dobson and Barzal coming back YUGE

It's an interesting concept. Pettersson definitely is our best forward but...he happens to be in an asset pool that we could conceivably draw from to land that coveted top pairing righty plus replace 75% of him in Barzal