GDT: Canucks @ sharks - Dec 16 - 7:30pm - SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ sharks - Dec 16 - 7:30pm - SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Picking 12th overall if the season ends now

Say goodbye to your Shane Wright, Doylez
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Canucks had no business winning that game after that pathetic 2nd period.
All praise the Demster
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:49 pm
rats19 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:47 pm Corn man… rules
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy shit, can't stop laughing.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 1-0 -EVEN:- Brock Boeser (8) Wrist Shot,- assists: Tanner Pearson (7)- 12:41- 1st---- https://streamable.com/gdrzh8

VAN- 2-0 -PPG: -Bo Horvat (10) Wrist Shot,- assists: J.T. Miller (21), -Quinn Hughes (24)- 16:23- 1st---- https://streamable.com/6hwomh

VAN- 3-1- EVEN:-Brock Boeser (0) Wrist Shot, assists:- J.T. Miller (22),- Tanner Pearson (8)-17:17-2nd: https://hlslive-wsczoominwestus.med.nhl ... 32adb7.mp4
broke the machine > :blush:

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs
VAN---- 30---- 17------ 1/3-------- 57.4%
SJS---- 36---- 30------ 0/1-------- 42.6%

Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

ESQ wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:51 pm
rats19 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:43 pm
Juulsons first game I think he’s doing great minus a couple mistake’s
Second game for Juulsen, he's -2 and had the goat horns on both goals against, one in each game.

I'm not saying Burroughs is a stud, but I admire a depth guy like him who seems to rarely make mistakes (as best I can see anyways).

Canucks 4 points out of a wild card spot lol
Juulsen will let a guy get behind from time to time ESQ.

Still, I'm glad everyone who had been craving a Juulsen fix finally got some relief. I hope he wasn't too great a let down...
el rey del mambo
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:27 pm So what stirred up the 'ster this time? She's not usually so bitchy like that...there's usually a condescending comment or 2 but this time Doc was yanking on her depend strings a little too feverishly

(Do depends have strings though...?)

:?:
Are you thinking youre funny? Do u have a clue about why this conflict is happening between strangelove and i? so what are you, a sidecar of your hero strangelove? Have a brain will travel buddy. an daring to think for yourself - sublime.
On topic: despite being less than stellar sometimes, great win on the road. Demko is our ace in the hole
cc oldtimer
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dangler wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:02 pm Canucks had no business winning that game after that pathetic 2nd period.
All praise the Demster
But they were decent enough in the other 2 periods.

It also helps that they scored some really nice (and timely) goals.

Some it is puck luck that comes from hard work and momentum. But you gotta take what you can when you're playing with 5 D most of the time. Our blueline has been riddled with little stuff and then there's the Covid too.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:54 pm
ESQ wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:41 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:33 pm Wow, Burroughs... good for at least 2-3 brain cramps every night.
Really? I backed it up to re watch when you posted, didn't see any bad plays on Burroughs (44) shift .

I did see several terrible shifts by Juulsen (47) in a row
When I posted, he just mindlessly wrung it softly around the boards from behind his own net. He had plenty of time to make an alternate play. Instead the SJ dman easily kept the play going and if Demko wasn't in net, a lot of brain cramps (not just Burroughs) would be more apparent.

Every game he makes bad reads, bad pinches, etc. But he is physical and willing for his size and tries hard, like a less talented Stecher. It's just he doesn't have enough hockey sense to be more than a 7/8 part timer. My problem is that we never have enough health or depth in the system where we end up overplaying guys like him. Of course, BB has made everyone look better than they would under Green.

Yes, Juulsen made some even more egregious mistakes. I guess you shouldn't expect much from waiver pick ups.
Except we traded Juolevi for him and Lamikko.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm Juulsen will let a guy get behind from time to time ESQ.
Let's stick to talking about hockey Megs. What Joules does in private is his own business. :D
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I didn't think they played too badly but then again play like that Saturday and I doubt we make it 7 in a row. Its nice when not every goalie we play against appears to be a Vezina candidate.

Juulson wasn't that bad. He is in the 5 spot which is where he belongs. But I liked a lot of his game. We just dont want to be going too long without our best Dmen, a recipe for disaster.

Demko, what can you say? The one thing we haven't suffered from over the last 15 years is bad goaltending. We have been blessed with some good ones and the beat goes on.

Nice to see Boeser light it up. Nice that Horvat and Miller are in a dog race to lead the team in goals. We have 3 very good lines and one bad one. I'm really liking the Pettersson line. You know the Alien will break free any game now.

Hopefully we get Poolman back Saturday.

Did Brisbois get pulled because of a Covid test or did he get hurt?

Corn, you the man.....Biggest test yet to come. DO NOT BLOW THIS ON THE LEAVES!!!!
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:25 pm this Juulsen isn't too bad !
I like what he brings: some size, throws his weight around and looks like a good skater (some nice cross overs going backwards). If he can stay healthy and find his game, we may have a future Travis Hamonic. *hehe* For some reason though, he looks like Brent Sopel out there. :P
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:40 pm Juulsen will let a guy get behind from time to time ESQ.
Let's stick to talking about hockey Megs. What Joules does in private is his own business. :D
You like a guy who knows his role Horse :lol:
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:58 pm Except we traded Juolevi for him and Lamikko.
Right. I just remembered people were on JB to pick him up on waivers.

He started out ok with his passing, but yeah, tough to be put in that position. I still like Juulsen better than other call-ups like Bowey or Brisebois.

I hope Poolman is back on Saturday.

The next one is the first MUST win under BB. Hate to have whoever it is dust off their Tuna sock if we don't make it a seventh.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post Game: Brock Beoser 5:29 min.
"I feel like our whole line is playing really good hockey and playing smart hockey, and I think that’s the key to our success right now."Brock Boeser
Post Game: Bruce Boudreau 42 seconds. was in depth though! :P
Head Coach Bruce Boudreau addresses media following tonight's game in San Jose.
Team is racing for the airport to catch the plane home!

𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀 Faber 🔥🎙@ChrisFaber39
Madison Bowey and Devante Stephens are the only healthy defencemen left in the AHL who have NHL contracts with the Canucks.
Jack Rathbone is close to returning from injury (he may be available for the weekend but I doubt it) and I’m uncertain on Jett Woo’s timeline for return. 9:19 PM · Dec 16, 2021
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:22 pm Post Game: Brock Beoser 5:29 min.
"I feel like our whole line is playing really good hockey and playing smart hockey, and I think that’s the key to our success right now."Brock Boeser
Post Game: Bruce Boudreau 42 seconds. was in depth though! :P
Head Coach Bruce Boudreau addresses media following tonight's game in San Jose.
Team is racing for the airport to catch the plane home!

𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗶𝘀 Faber 🔥🎙@ChrisFaber39
Madison Bowey and Devante Stephens are the only healthy defencemen left in the AHL who have NHL contracts with the Canucks.
Jack Rathbone is close to returning from injury (he may be available for the weekend but I doubt it) and I’m uncertain on Jett Woo’s timeline for return. 9:19 PM · Dec 16, 2021
Stephens is a well below average AHL defenseman who was playing a lot of left wing before the injuries and call ups hit. He is more of an ECHL player really and it's surprising Benning wasted an NHL contract on such a bad player. Bowey would be the only viable call up right now and we've seen what he brings at the NHL level. It isn't good.

I'd say signing Sautner to an NHL deal might be Rutherford's best bet if it comes down to that.
el rey del mambo