GDT: Canucks host kings - Dec 6 - 7pm - SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host kings - Dec 6 - 7pm - SNP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Mëds wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:38 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:30 am
Mëds wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:35 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:45 am Painfully obvious the problem was coaching. Not one player went out of their way to say they were sad at the firings. They all talked about fresh faces and new energy. To me that's telling. What I want to know is this. Didn't Benning say over the summer that the players loved Green and wanted him back? I find that hard to believe right now. It is so clear they tuned the guy out and could not or would not play for him any longer.

Perhaps we should have guessed when Schmidt was asked last season if there was a problem playing the systems and his response was something like you have to have systems to play them. At the time I just wrote it off to him being a weird duck but following that up with him wanting out makes sense now. Green was definitely the problem.

Benning had plenty of opportunity to get rid of him right from the end of his contract to last night. He should have let go and signed someone else in the summer.

But as more leaks out it seems the problem was Benning and Weirdbroad formed a party of two and kept to themselves. They eventually worked into a team of two and others felt alienated from any input. Perhaps he did screw Linden over and the reported rift is true. Sure seems now like he just didn't have room for a variety of opinions and didn't want to let anyone else in. Perhaps losing Bracket was from that same illness.

I dunno. Carl what do you think?
Holy shit you are waaaay out to lunch on this one, the players in exit interviews wanted green back, when it looked like he lost the room benning had already been neutered by ownership and was not allowed to make a coaching change. Classic bash the guy on his way out bullshit.
Seems someone has an axe to grind with HW.....are you just jealous of Doc and Donny and taking it out on her? :lol:

Or are you just a perpetual troll?
Not a troll I just got a better source than hw.
So you say.

But to this point HW has a decades long history of providing inside scoops that have born out to be very accurate. While she admits her inside sources are not as reliable or forthcoming as they once were, she's still got a track record that you don't have.

The on-ice product will be what tells the tale. Last night, and the post-change interviews, all point to this being a coaching problem.

But you disagreed with her when she said that ownership operates like scheisters and that Benning and Travis are fall guys, now you disagree with her when she says that Benning also screwed the pooch. Which is it?

Or are you just trying to establish yourself here?

Either way, nothing you've said so far illuminates things anymore than we already assumed.
I don’t remember disagreeing with her about ownership using benning and green as fall guys. As far as green goes benning felt he deserved another contract going back to his bubble playoff coaching. Everything went sour that off-season after the playoffs, (I’ve talked about this in previous posts) there was a plan in place to improve the team substantially while shedding the bad contracts, ownership didn’t allow it and benning took the fall for it. Jim still felt green deserved a contract due to the shitshow he had to deal with during the Covid season but Shaw was hired and he knew a coaching change may have been needed. Fast forward to this off-season benning had a blow up with ownership about improving the team and basically gave them an ultimatum if he’s gonna get the blame let him ice the team he wants. He got to make the moves roster wise, he went with green out of loyalty and the fact that the core still vouched for him but they had there interim option available in Shaw. When the team started out shitty that was it for benning, he wasn’t allowed to make the coaching change and he was done.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Holy shit you are waaaay out to lunch on this one, the players in exit interviews wanted green back, when it looked like he lost the room benning had already been neutered by ownership and was not allowed to make a coaching change. Classic bash the guy on his way out bullshit.
That's not what Wid's sources say, nor does it make any sense since Aquilini did fire the coach. Why would Aquilini fire the coach on Dec 5, but not let Benning fire the coach following the all-hands meeting in November?

It was super obvious Green needed to go weeks ago and he wasn't going to turn it around. Miller was yelling at him in open practices. Green got the benefit of the doubt for the end of last year given the COVID shit show, but the team has been terrible.

Unless someone thought Benning was going to lace em up and go kill penalties, it was obviously a coaching problem that was costing the team plenty of points.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:25 am
That's not what Wid's sources say, nor does it make any sense since Aquilini did fire the coach. Why would Aquilini fire the coach on Dec 5, but not let Benning fire the coach following the all-hands meeting in November?

It was super obvious Green needed to go weeks ago and he wasn't going to turn it around. Miller was yelling at him in open practices. Green got the benefit of the doubt for the end of last year given the COVID shit show, but the team has been terrible.

Unless someone thought Benning was going to lace em up and go kill penalties, it was obviously a coaching problem that was costing the team plenty of points.
At that point benning was done, he was gm in name only.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:27 am
ESQ wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:25 am

At that point benning was done, he was gm in name only.
According to?
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

HW is aces with me but at the end of the day, I'm not going to get caught up in the semantics, I'm just glad every one of those guys were gassed. Good riddance, it was long overdue.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:10 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:45 am Painfully obvious the problem was coaching. Not one player went out of their way to say they were sad at the firings. They all talked about fresh faces and new energy. To me that's telling. What I want to know is this. Didn't Benning say over the summer that the players loved Green and wanted him back? I find that hard to believe right now. It is so clear they tuned the guy out and could not or would not play for him any longer.

Perhaps we should have guessed when Schmidt was asked last season if there was a problem playing the systems and his response was something like you have to have systems to play them. At the time I just wrote it off to him being a weird duck but following that up with him wanting out makes sense now. Green was definitely the problem.

Benning had plenty of opportunity to get rid of him right from the end of his contract to last night. He should have let go and signed someone else in the summer.

But as more leaks out it seems the problem was Benning and Weirdbroad formed a party of two and kept to themselves. They eventually worked into a team of two and others felt alienated from any input. Perhaps he did screw Linden over and the reported rift is true. Sure seems now like he just didn't have room for a variety of opinions and didn't want to let anyone else in. Perhaps losing Bracket was from that same illness.

Seems someone has an axe to grind with HW.....are you just jealous of Doc and Donny and taking it out on her? :lol:

So you say.

But to this point HW has a decades long history of providing inside scoops that have born out to be very accurate. While she admits her inside sources are not as reliable or forthcoming as they once were, she's still got a track record that you don't have.

The on-ice product will be what tells the tale. Last night, and the post-change interviews, all point to this being a coaching problem.

But you disagreed with her when she said that ownership operates like scheisters and that Benning and Travis are fall guys, now you disagree with her when she says that Benning also screwed the pooch. Which is it?

Either way, nothing you've said so far illuminates things anymore than we already assumed.
I don’t remember disagreeing with her about ownership using benning and green as fall guys. As far as green goes benning felt he deserved another contract going back to his bubble playoff coaching. Everything went sour that off-season after the playoffs, (I’ve talked about this in previous posts) there was a plan in place to improve the team substantially while shedding the bad contracts, ownership didn’t allow it and benning took the fall for it. Jim still felt green deserved a contract due to the shitshow he had to deal with during the Covid season but Shaw was hired and he knew a coaching change may have been needed. Fast forward to this off-season benning had a blow up with ownership about improving the team and basically gave them an ultimatum if he’s gonna get the blame let him ice the team he wants. He got to make the moves roster wise, he went with green out of loyalty and the fact that the core still vouched for him but they had there interim option available in Shaw. When the team started out shitty that was it for benning, he wasn’t allowed to make the coaching change and he was done.
Ahhh FML. I owe you an apology.....I got you mixed up with rikster.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:10 am

So you say.

Ahhh FML. I owe you an apology.....I got you mixed up with rikster.
No worries, I kinda figured that’s what happened. Ownership fucked things royally hopefully the team can do good in spite of their meddling.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

She asked Carl anyways. Just saying.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I gave HW my opinion.

Didn't want to get carpet bombed by some of youse guys. LOL!
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Just saw the early game highlights.

The tic tac toe in close quarters that set the play up between OEL and Miller on Boesers goal was mint...
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:46 pm I gave HW my opinion.

Rikster egressing the conflict in The Corner honkeytonk after carpet bombing another payload of condescending "take cares"

If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:46 pm I gave HW my opinion.

Nothing wrong with opinions, as long as it is the same as mine 8-)

The debate has been good and I really am excited about the next game and see what team shows up.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I can’t wait to play Boston again… Marchand will be back

Maybe he won’t I can’t believe they’ve only played 2 games since the suspension
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:47 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:30 am Not a troll I just got a better source than hw.
BS - I have never seen you release anything.
I can vouch for Dickyarder, he everything he says he is.

I've known about this for years, it's been 100% confirmed.
____
Try to focus on someday.