GDT: Canucks @ Knights. Nov 13 7 pm. CBC SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Knights. Nov 13 7 pm. CBC SN

Post by SKYO »

Seems clear as Knight and Day (like on Broadway) that needed to close down, the Canucks need to move on from Travis Green, the team is playing unenthusiastic, unmotivated, they've tuned Travis Green and Baumgartner out, they are playing like they don't like the leader the helm, HELL! the fucking owner was watching the game live....it is time to move on from Green ffs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Do not take liberties on our prized players or you’re gonna get OEL comin’ after you! Fucking brutal. When an OEL has to step up in the tough department the more fucking ridiculous it is that they’d choose Dowling, Highmore, Chiasson over Gadjovich and MacEwan. This has to be the softest group ever assembled in Canuck history, not to mention the smallest and slowest
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:35 am This has to be the softest group ever assembled in Canuck history, not to mention the smallest and slowest
So is this the official end to the 'genius' era?

While I can't blame OEL for going after the guy, Horvat seemed ready to step up and Podz got in his way (as if to say "Clean hit, let it go - maybe we get a call") - and then OEL comes in raging like the Swedish Semenko he is and ripped the head off of McNabb. Later we saw OEL in the box, bathing in the blood of his enemies. You can bet that response will be seen around the league.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:59 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:35 am This has to be the softest group ever assembled in Canuck history, not to mention the smallest and slowest

While I can't blame OEL for going after the guy, Horvat seemed ready to step up and Podz got in his way (as if to say "Clean hit, let it go - maybe we get a call") - and then OEL comes in raging like the Swedish Semenko he is and ripped the head off of McNabb. Later we saw OEL in the box, bathing in the blood of his enemies. You can bet that response will be seen around the league.
Rerun the clip, the nearest Canuck - Horvat turned to go to McNabb then shockingly hesitated, then once he saw OEL skating hard from the other side of the rink he made a move to come in behind OEL. Absolute chicken shit from your Captain. Respect for OEL whom we all know isn’t a fighter. Bo has dropped his mitts before, it’s not new territory for him so his hesitation then confidence after after seeing OEL run in before him does not look good for the Captain
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:06 am Rerun the clip, the nearest Canuck - Horvat turned to go to McNabb then shockingly hesitated, then once he saw OEL skating hard from the other side of the rink he made a move to come in behind OEL.
I've watched it quite a few times, and to me I'm seeing Podz step up to Bo and hold his stick at his waist, almost blocking his progress.

Granted - if Horvat wanted to go, he would have and could have. But I'm watching that play unfold and see Podz being the smartest player out there.

I think back to the Russian Tree wondering why he had to fight for a making a clean hit - I'm guessing Podz might have the same Russian mindset, "Don't do it - not needed".

Of course, this is all conjecture, but that's how I read the body language - and you're not a Horvat fan, so you might see it a little differently.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:06 am

Rerun the clip, the nearest Canuck - Horvat turned to go to McNabb then shockingly hesitated, then once he saw OEL skating hard from the other side of the rink he made a move to come in behind OEL. Absolute chicken shit from your Captain. Respect for OEL whom we all know isn’t a fighter. Bo has dropped his mitts before, it’s not new territory for him so his hesitation then confidence after after seeing OEL run in before him does not look good for the Captain
It's another reason why having Zak Mac in the line up was important. He was no worse than any of the 3 -4th liners they're trotting out right now and could at least step in when it's needed.

Green is giant pus filled pussbag. He doesn't understand any of this shit obviously.

How can all us baked messageboard warriors all see this but a supposed NHL coachiing staff not?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:11 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:06 am Rerun the clip, the nearest Canuck - Horvat turned to go to McNabb then shockingly hesitated, then once he saw OEL skating hard from the other side of the rink he made a move to come in behind OEL.
I've watched it quite a few times, and to me I'm seeing Podz step up to Bo and hold his stick at his waist, almost blocking his progress.

Granted - if Horvat wanted to go, he would have and could have. But I'm watching that play unfold and see Podz being the smartest player out there.

I think back to the Russian Tree wondering why he had to fight for a making a clean hit - I'm guessing Podz might have the same Russian mindset, "Don't do it - not needed".

Of course, this is all conjecture, but that's how I read the body language - and you're not a Horvat fan, so you might see it a little differently.
Wrong, Bo turned immediately to make a b-line to McNabb then hesitated. Pod had nothing to do with the hesitation. Bo became triggered once he saw OEL get in their before him. Truly disgusting IMO
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Podkolzin is a really smart player. He just said to Horvat; No big deal. Whether he didn't want the team penalized or maybe he wanted a piece of the guy later, (you never know). Maybe fighting is a no-no to him but I doubt that. We have a good one here me thinks.

Fire the coach before everyone sucks.
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:35 am Do not take liberties on our prized players or you’re gonna get OEL comin’ after you! Fucking brutal. When an OEL has to step up in the tough department the more fucking ridiculous it is that they’d choose Dowling, Highmore, Chiasson over Gadjovich and MacEwan. This has to be the softest group ever assembled in Canuck history, not to mention the smallest and slowest
Yeah... watching us roll with the Highmores/Chiassons/Dowlings of the league while MacEwan and Gadjovich are tossed aside for nothing is ghastly.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The first period of this game looked to me like a repeat of the Buffalo game. However, this game deteriorated further & undermined
the confidence of the Canucks far more than the Buffalo game - making it harder to dig out of the hole.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

You skipped answering the most interesting part of that question.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Did a grocery clerk send you here, Errand Boy?
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:55 pm

I think the consensus was that I was sent back to this time from a future run by self-aware self checkout A.I.s.

They didn't tell me much about the mission, but I suspect they were trying to change the past so that the Canucks could win a Cup before global warming submerges Richmond.

But you're still avoiding the question. Is the chef-dude off the genius train? The Benning bus? It would be a truly historic moment here at CC.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:09 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:55 pm

I think the consensus was that I was sent back to this time from a future run by self-aware self checkout A.I.s.

They didn't tell me much about the mission, but I suspect they were trying to change the past so that the Canucks could win a Cup before global warming submerges Richmond.

But you're still avoiding the question. Is the chef-dude off the genius train? The Benning bus? It would be a truly historic moment here at CC.
Hey Errand Boy, there is 68 games left in the season. I don’t need to tell an astute hockey mind, the one you possess and defend, that a lot can change over 68 games, am I wrong or am I right?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Green blaming the officials after last night's loss.

Of course Travis, it's because of a pair of blown calls that your team got routed for 7 goals for the second time in as many games.

What a joke. You know the pressure is on and he see's the open door he's about to be shown through when the guy who never wants to blame it on the refs is blaming the refs.....grasping at straws. I'd say Aquaman being there in person is weighing on him.