GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche; Nov. 11/21>6pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche; Nov. 11/21>6pm>SNETP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:57 pm
2Fingers wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:50 pm ... and made some tea.
Wait... you have a cat and you drink tea??

You're freaking me out man! :crazy:
Tea is done and now it is time for 3 fingers.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is that what you call your cat?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post Game; Bo Horvat. 5:58 min.
"We should be embarrassed" - Bo Horvat.
Post Game; Travis Green. 5;19 min.
Green: "Very disappointed in the whole game. We weren't close tonight. We looked like we had a bunch of guys that were a half step behind. We had a lot of guys that weren't very good tonight."
Green: "We have a lot of guys that need to show their character next game and respond with a much better effort."
"evolution"
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Micky wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:22 pm
Green: "Very disappointed in the whole game. We weren't close tonight. We looked like we had a bunch of guys that were a half step behind. We had a lot of guys that weren't very good tonight."
Green: "We have a lot of guys that need to show their character next game and respond with a much better effort."
So it would be tre cool to hear this interview response in reverse.

Horvat: Yeah, I think the coaching staff blew chunks tonight. They seem to have trouble getting the boys motivated and I don't know what's up with our special teams systems. Did Jason King even play hockey?

They're gonna have to stop coaching from a half period behind and step their games up or we're not gonna sniff the post season any time soon.

I'm still trying to figure out who spoke up for Travis in last years exit interviews.

I can only think it was just Francesco personally.

The rest of they boys completely deny it.
Last edited by donlever on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeLevering since 1999.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:27 pm Mr Aquilini had expected to compete for the Stanley Cup with this team, he must be bitterly disappointed.

It wasn't supposed to be this way.

even the Colorado commentators were commenting on how they couldn't figure out why the Canucks can't score, especially when they look at the roster
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:37 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:27 pm Mr Aquilini had expected to compete for the Stanley Cup with this team, he must be bitterly disappointed.

even the Colorado commentators were commenting on how they couldn't figure out why the Canucks can't score, especially when they look at the roster
I know, too many fancy passes, period end of story. QH is a freaking great passer but his shot from the point doesn't scare anyone, OEL seems ok as well as Myers but not sure of the other 3. Canucks needs to get more shots to the net and they really need to shake some shit up.

Those 3 fingers went down to quick, may need to do 2 more and that means 5 which means a whole fist, my lucky night. :mrgreen:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

donlever wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:30 pm So it would be tre cool to hear this interview response in reverse.

Horvat: Yeah, I think the coaching staff blew chunks tonight. They seem to have trouble getting the boys motivated and I don't know what's up with our special teams systems. Did Jason King even play hockey?

They're gonna have to stop coaching from a half period behind and step their games up or we're not gonna sniff the post season any time soon.

I'm still trying to figure out who spoke up for Travis in last years exit interviews.

I can only think it was just Francesco personally.

The rest of they boys completely deny it.
Haha. Fuck yeah, I could totally hear Bo's thoughts being muttered out loud.

The whole room is like, "What? I didn't vote for the guy."

"Hey, who da fock is this Jason King guy? Does he look like he knows what he's doing?"

"Dunno. Heard he played with the Sedins once and scored a bunch of goals with them."

"Yeah, like Loui?"

"Oh, shit..."
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Big Frank has to learn that going all in means not only trading away all your draft choices and spending to the cap on player contracts, it also means bucking up and not cheaping out on the coaching staff.

Keeping the guy around you brought up from the AHL and his Canucks alumni assistants isn't that.
el rey del mambo
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Everyone's gonna miss the tre cool thing...

I am so far ahead of you reprobates.

You should all be ashamed.

I'm the fucking site hockey dunce for Crissakes.
DeLevering since 1999.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

The only good thing about this game, seeing Megnatron getting a chance in the NHL again. :|
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

donlever wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:01 pm I am so far ahead of you reprobates.
Lucky you.
I’m pretty sure I’m stuck in a 1986 Groundhog Day time loop episode.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck what an embarrassment. If this isn't the turning point starting tomorrow then you have to gun TG and his sea of Bumgarners immediately. The season can be salvaged, they aren't way out of any race but it has to start tomorrow.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Big Frank has to learn that going all in means not only trading away all your draft choices and spending to the cap on player contracts, it also means bucking up and not cheaping out on the coaching staff.

Keeping the guy around you brought up from the AHL and his Canucks alumni assistants isn't that.
Green can’t coach top end players but he can coach a sea of Schallers thats for sure

Frank does have his mitts all over this - the impatient win now trades, I’m hearing that he badly wants to win the Cup before he kicks the bucket,
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:11 am Fuck what an embarrassment. If this isn't the turning point starting tomorrow then you have to gun TG and his sea of Bumgarners immediately. The season can be salvaged, they aren't way out of any race but it has to start tomorrow.
I can't believe he did that stupid interview after the game. I know there's some what of a pre-commitment to do them but this was one of those times you close the dressing room door with a fuck-off taped to it.
In that interview; He sounded like a beaten man. No answers. Basically put it on the team not following the plan. Yah, right!
Get him outta here.
Wasn't keen on Horvat's take on the game either.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Dead man walking
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.