GDT: Canucks host Stars - Nov 7 - 7 PM - SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host Stars - Nov 7 - 7 PM - SNET

Post by 5thhorseman »

Weren't those Pentictonites just copycatting the Kelowna riots in 86/87 that got the Regatta cancelled?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:23 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:02 pm There's always been a superstition (everywhere) that it is bad luck to start a GDT prior to 12:00 AM on game day.
PST or CST ?
If you go by Australian Eastern Standard Time you gain a 19 hour window compared to Pacific Standard Time, so you could start the game day thread at 5 pm the day before game day (PST) and still claim to abide by the "not before noon on game day" rule. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Just want to note that this system of winners continually making GDTs until they lose has never resulted in a Stanley Cup championship. Perhaps we should celebrate those of us who have a knack for losing whenever they make GDTs? Maybe losing streaks should result in continuously making GDTs. Maybe it will result in a cup win in some bizarre twisted Canuckian way? I’m pretty sure I could get a nice long GDT losing streak if allowed, maybe ten games or more? Just my two cents. The mods out there can give it some thought and let me know if they think losing can ultimately lead to winning. I’d be happy to help.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:40 am Just want to note that this system of winners continually making GDTs until they lose has never resulted in a Stanley Cup championship. Perhaps we should celebrate those of us who have a knack for losing whenever they make GDTs? Maybe losing streaks should result in continuously making GDTs. Maybe it will result in a cup win in some bizarre twisted Canuckian way? I’m pretty sure I could get a nice long GDT losing streak if allowed, maybe ten games or more? Just my two cents. The mods out there can give it some thought and let me know if they think losing can ultimately lead to winning. I’d be happy to help.
viewtopic.php?p=430513#p430513 Image
"evolution"