GDT: Canucks host preds - Nov 5 - 7pm - SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host preds - Nov 5 - 7pm - SNP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:31 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:01 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:57 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm We're competitive but lose more than we win. Our special teams suck and we have a popgun offense.

You can imagine the season quietly slip away competitive loss after competitive loss.
Team has a great offence. Other than that they are offensive. Someone needs to get in Pettersson’s grill. He looks like he doesn’t give a fuck.
Perhaps we should be thankful he only got a three year contract. Imagine he had signed a long term deal and played this bad.
I am concerned about the kid. He looks like he’d rather be anywhere but here. Totally agree we may have dodged a bullet not signing him to seven or eight years. Quinn Hughes on the other hand is the consummate professional and has been one of the teams top players this year. Season is young but I’m seeing a serious lack of tenacity and battle level from this team. Also the dumb fuck of a GM had no other penalty killers in mind besides Motte and Sutter. Even if they were both healthy the PK forwards suck. Need a real AGM and a president to keep Elmer in check.
Well I think you know who filled the vacant president role.

I'm afraid he's going to be kind of hard to dislodge from that position. :lol:
It’s his toy. Elmer is his puppet. We need Luigi to step in and get one of the other brothers into the seat. Frank is a joke…… plain and simple. This is year 8 after he punted Gillis and the team is still a garbage fire.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

OEL live on the #SN650 Post Game Show on the PP struggles: Usually when you struggle it's pretty simple, you try to do too much. Just take it to the net. You've got one more guy out there and sometimes you gotta keep it simple and we haven't figured that out yet.
Brock Boeser Post Game 4;25 min. Not very happy..
"It's tough. That's the difference in the game. It just comes down to effort."
Brock Boeser's thoughts on the man-advantage
Nils Hoglander Post Game 2;41 min.
"I think we have to keep it simple from the beginning...I think if we keep it simple, it's going to come."
Nils Höglander and his thoughts on the power play
Tyler Myers Post Game 4;38 min.
"We know we have to be better on both sides. PK and PP. You can tell guys are working...We just have to keep making sure we do the prep."
Tyler Myers
TRavis Green Post Game 4:45 min. Running out of excuses.
Travis Green, on the powerplay: "They weren't very good. It's pretty simply. I know they're frustrated, too. We've spent a lot of time in the offensive zone the last few games, we've drawn penalties. But we've got to get the job done."
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:19 pm 40 should be on the third or fourth line. Fuck what a pompous little baby. Tired of it. Cut his act down to 12-15 minutes. He’s lazy and uninterested.
Looking like a massive $7.5M bust.

Trade high.....his value is only going to sink.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:59 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:19 pm 40 should be on the third or fourth line. Fuck what a pompous little baby. Tired of it. Cut his act down to 12-15 minutes. He’s lazy and uninterested.
Looking like a massive $7.5M bust.

Trade high.....his value is only going to sink.
In that case a new GM would need to be brought in. Benning isn’t trading the kid.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm We're competitive but lose more than we win. Our special teams suck and we have a popgun offense.

You can imagine the season quietly slip away competitive loss after competitive loss.
Don't have to imagine it, we're witnessing it.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Not sure about what I'm reading here. In my view the Canucks played a good game; lots of good passing and creativity. Their frikin goalie played a good game! Petterson was smart and early more aggressive, from the outset. They're coming around - they're on the up an up. Its a one goal loss to a team that was just a little bit better than we are - at least tonight.
cc oldtimer
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

the players' and Green's comments about powerplay have been the same for 2 years now?

like seriously
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:53 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Arachnid wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:40 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:30 pm Started my Friday boozin’ with a tasty Negroni. Currently planning my attacks on Doyle, pen to paper, resting comfortably in my wing backed chair, smoking jacket on and ascot by a crackling fire, Frank Sinatra on the turn table, and my Persian cat by my feet.
Jesus BD, when did you become such a pussy?!

Kidding, love you bro ❤️

I’m sit’n in my sailboat listening to The Boss and drink’n coconut kefir. My yoga tantric non-drinking lifestyle has made me 20 yrs younger 🤓

5-4 Canucks….Darllin Garland with 2!
Doyle quit drinking too. He’s down to 225 lbs, unfortunately he’s shrinking - 5’-9”s now
I dropped 50 lbs in the last yr :shock: butt! I think I’m stretching taller with all the Yin facia yoga with those young goddesses

Whodafuckis dis Doily? Sounds like a real dipshit, you’re new whipping boi?! :mrgreen:
Nah, he’s an oldtimer, but a couple of posters here change names more often than they change underwear, so it’s hard to keep up.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:12 pm Canucks have a better record with Hirsch over John.
Not every goalie that gets to be on a stamp! :lol:

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:15 pm As I watch another useless powerplay, I ask myself, isn’t it racist to always use white ice.
Why not black ice? With a nice neon green puck?
Or, brown ice? Maybe a yellow puck?
I think my mind is wandering as I try to focus on another boring, failed powerplay.
I’m sad.
:(
Black ice is lethal. I hate it.

I ride my bike to work year round (well, not during the pandemic) and the only times I’ve had incidents it’s been because of black ice. :evil:
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Black ice is scary.

If the Canucks went back to the black spaghetti plate uniforms and played on black ice, they’d be way more intimidating. I’m pretty sure some psychologist determined black uniforms would be intimidating a long time ago.

https://icehockey.fandom.com/wiki/1986– ... cks_season

See, that’s a scary looking team, and it had no grit either.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

For the most part, I'm back to recording games and watching later or the next morning, and nearing the point of not even doing that until there's a coaching change. Last season, that occurred much later in the season, so ambivalence has set in real early for me.

Last night, I caught the first 5 minutes until the penalty, then switched over to see it was 1-0 six minutes in and that was basically it other than a couple quick looks while they were on the PP only to see that the adjustments the coaching staff made were to the PP personnel and not the system or set up itself. I cannot believe they haven't modified the setup that may have worked two years ago only to have the opponents adjust to what is highly predictable no matter who they put on the first unit. Special teams on both sides are killing them and if guys like Motte and Sutter mean that much to the team, they are nowhere close to being a factor in the division. The other thing is, Pearson is married to Horvat out there while everybody else goes through the blender, and it's starting to hold back the captain's production, another terrible coaching decision.

As much as I still believe they're a playoff team on paper, the season is getting away from them. Last place after 11 games and already 9 points back of the Oilers and 6 behind the Flames with both teams having a game in hand. It's only a matter of time before Vegas gets healthy and starts heating up, and the California teams and Seattle aren't pushovers by any stretch. They need to do what's clearly inevitable, and sweep out the coaching staff less Shaw and Clark as soon as possible or face pissing away another season.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

nuckster wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 am Not sure about what I'm reading here. In my view the Canucks played a good game; lots of good passing and creativity. Their frikin goalie played a good game! Petterson was smart and early more aggressive, from the outset. They're coming around - they're on the up an up. Its a one goal loss to a team that was just a little bit better than we are - at least tonight.
This^^^

Great post.

The season is young. Petey missed the last 30 games of the season, ya know the kid will pull it together but I don’t giving Doyle his, he needs it. Enjoy it while it lasts Sicilian friend Roberto Macchenzzi
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

nuckster wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:00 am Not sure about what I'm reading here. In my view the Canucks played a good game; lots of good passing and creativity. Their frikin goalie played a good game! Petterson was smart and early more aggressive, from the outset. They're coming around - they're on the up an up. Its a one goal loss to a team that was just a little bit better than we are - at least tonight.
They have been pretty meh all season. If you’re impressed by the team, bully for you. I think their record is exactly where it should be considering their play and it could easily be worse. There’s ways of overcoming shitty special teams. Own the play five on five. They are sawing off at best.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I can see Benning gunning Green and the Mattress man if they don't figure out their special teams before they hit the road.

It's not a panic yet but another few losses in the same manner will change that
If you need air...call it in