GDT: Canucks host preds - Nov 5 - 7pm - SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host preds - Nov 5 - 7pm - SNP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Weak limp wristed effort from a weak limp wristed team.

Maybe it’s just a shitty team. 11 games in and I’ve seen 7 or 8 good periods of hockey and I think I’m being generous here. Get this fucking coach out of here and bring in a guy to light a fire under these clowns asses. Or burn it all down and take a blowtorch to the front office and let a new GM pick his coach. This team is dead from the ass up. Garbage effort. Thanks a lot Aquilini. Hopefully Luigi is as sick of you as the fans are.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
CrzyCanuck
CC Veteran

Post by CrzyCanuck »

how did Jason King get the job anyway?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:38 pm how did Jason King get the job anyway?
Alumni.

Mr Aquilini's affordable talent pipeline.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

We're competitive but lose more than we win. Our special teams suck and we have a popgun offense.

You can imagine the season quietly slip away competitive loss after competitive loss.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Just pay the Sedins extra for them to coach the PP at practice.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm We're competitive but lose more than we win. Our special teams suck and we have a popgun offense.

You can imagine the season quietly slip away competitive loss after competitive loss.
Imagine? Seems real to me.

This team is so 1986, it’s scary.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm We're competitive but lose more than we win. Our special teams suck and we have a popgun offense.

For sure. We're holding our own at even strength, but the special teams reek.

We haven't been getting blown out of the building. Now where would we be if Pettersson wasn't completely lost? What if #6 & #9 were consistently performing? What if Bo & Pearson were supporting the offense?

But most importantly, what if we gave up just a few less powerplay goals and scored a few more on our powerplay? Just reverse that by 2-3 goals and things would look a whole lot different.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm Just pay the Sedins extra for them to coach the PP at practice.
They would do it for free. Remember, they're watching the same shit we are.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:50 pm
They would do it for free.
That's what Mr Aquilini loves about the alumni :D
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:50 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:42 pm Just pay the Sedins extra for them to coach the PP at practice.
They would do it for free. Remember, they're watching the same shit we are.
Hell, just give those two the PTOs and let them run the PP.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Team has a great offence. Other than that they are offensive. Someone needs to get in Pettersson’s grill. He looks like he doesn’t give a fuck.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Team has a great offence. Other than that they are offensive. Someone needs to get in Pettersson’s grill. He looks like he doesn’t give a fuck.
Perhaps we should be thankful he only got a three year contract. Imagine he had signed a long term deal and played this bad.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 1-1 -EVEN:- Brock Boeser (3) Wrist Shot, assists:- Travis Hamonic (1), -J.T. Miller (9) -19:51- 1st---- https://streamable.com/faqcnt

VAN- 1-2- EVEN:- Nils Hoglander (1) Wrist Shot, -assists: Bo Horvat (3),- Tanner Pearson (3)- 10:08- 2nd---- https://streamable.com/g9qtpj

Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
NSH----- 28----- 21------- 2/3-------- 59.0%
VAN----- 28----- 18------- 0/5---------41.0%

Schenn drops the gloves with Jeannot ---- https://streamable.com/dztuev

Big save by Demko ---- https://streamable.com/wguxb9

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:01 pm

Perhaps we should be thankful he only got a three year contract. Imagine he had signed a long term deal and played this bad.
I am concerned about the kid. He looks like he’d rather be anywhere but here. Totally agree we may have dodged a bullet not signing him to seven or eight years. Quinn Hughes on the other hand is the consummate professional and has been one of the teams top players this year. Season is young but I’m seeing a serious lack of tenacity and battle level from this team. Also the dumb fuck of a GM had no other penalty killers in mind besides Motte and Sutter. Even if they were both healthy the PK forwards suck. Need a real AGM and a president to keep Elmer in check.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:01 pm

I am concerned about the kid. He looks like he’d rather be anywhere but here. Totally agree we may have dodged a bullet not signing him to seven or eight years. Quinn Hughes on the other hand is the consummate professional and has been one of the teams top players this year. Season is young but I’m seeing a serious lack of tenacity and battle level from this team. Also the dumb fuck of a GM had no other penalty killers in mind besides Motte and Sutter. Even if they were both healthy the PK forwards suck. Need a real AGM and a president to keep Elmer in check.
Well I think you know who filled the vacant president role.

I'm afraid he's going to be kind of hard to dislodge from that position. :lol:
el rey del mambo