GDT: Flyers @ Canucks 7pm Oct 28, SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Flyers @ Canucks 7pm Oct 28, SPAC

Post by Carl Yagro »

I don't know what the solution is Cuz, but I knew going in Rathbone is not and shouldn't be an everyday Dman yet.

Brad Hunt is not an answer. JB has to find someone better. Hell, even Oscar Fantenberg would be better.

When Poolman and Hamonic gets back, the right side will be fairly solid knowing that Schenn can fill in a little and also add some toughness.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post Game Quinn Hughes 6:05 min.
“Everyone in the room wanted that one. It was an important game. It still a young season, but that was frustrating. We get another chance Saturday.”🗣 Quinn Hughes
Post game Luke Schenn 6:45 min.
“Chasing games isn’t fun. Obviously we got to look at things and get off to a better start. We did compete in the end. But a loss is a loss.”
🗣 Luke Schenn speaks to the media after the loss to the Flyers
Post Game Travis Green 6;26 min.
Green on Garland's lack of minutes: "A lot of times the minutes reflects how a Coach thinks they're playing. Read into it how you will... We kind of ran three lines for a bit at the end."
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:59 pm I don't know what the solution is Cuz, but I knew going in Rathbone is not and shouldn't be an everyday Dman yet.

Brad Hunt is not an answer. JB has to find someone better. Hell, even Oscar Fantenberg would be better.

When Poolman and Hamonic gets back, the right side will be fairly solid knowing that Schenn can fill in a little and also add some toughness.
I predicted before the season that if Hambone came back we'd have to go with a four righty/two lefty configuration in much the same way we have been doing in Abby many nights this year with perhaps Myers shifting over to the left side as Madison Bowey has done on many nights in Abbotsford. This seems to undermine the organizational belief that you can't have too many right handed defensemen. Turns out having a few lefties around comes in handy as well.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:30 pm This team is all on Green. He’s the one that ran all the grit out the door.
He’s the one that chose Journeymen like Hunt and Chiasson over prospects like Juolevi and Gadjovich (or MacEwen).
It’s his system and his team. The results and quality of play speak volumes.
It’s time for someone else’s vision.
As I’ve lamented many many times before, Green loves his Tim Schallers and Chiasson and Dowlings, players similar to him in his playing days - Lunchbucket
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:46 pm Mike was way better in Minnesota. Hes like a shittier version of Stretcher...and that's pretty shitty
Doylie won’t like that
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:46 pm Mike was way better in Minnesota. Hes like a shittier version of Stretcher...and that's pretty shitty
Kind of the low-rent version of the Nate Schmidt story.

Going to be a real scramble just to finish .500 on the home stand. This could get ugly.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:19 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:59 pm I don't know what the solution is Cuz, but I knew going in Rathbone is not and shouldn't be an everyday Dman yet.

I predicted before the season that if Hambone came back we'd have to go with a four righty/two lefty configuration in much the same way we have been doing in Abby many nights this year with perhaps Myers shifting over to the left side as Madison Bowey has done on many nights in Abbotsford. This seems to undermine the organizational belief that you can't have too many right handed defensemen. Turns out having a few lefties around comes in handy as well.
You were right, Meg. Are we going to see the return of Ashton Sautner? Pickings are pretty slim in Abby.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

If they were moving on from Juolevi, okay, but there was no reason to pass on Cholowski (among other waiver fodder) for left side depth. No one would have picked up Mike Hunt if he had been waived to Abbotsford.

Losing both Gadjovich and MacEwen to preserve all of Highmore, Dowling and Chiasson was just dumb.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I believe there is one very important factor we are all passing over with respect to our coach.

Travis Vernon Green played 180 plus games for the Toronto Fucking Maple Leaves.

That's gotta screw with a guys equilibrium.

He may indeed have been damaged for life.

Some escape the curse, some do not.

We may just be fucked here.....

;)
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:00 am I believe there is one very important factor we are all passing over with respect to our coach.

;)
Coupled with the neon (Travis) Green fucking Torontoilet Dominion Bank stickers it's fair to say they've spread their filth west
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:44 am If they were moving on from Juolevi, okay, but there was no reason to pass on Cholowski (among other waiver fodder) for left side depth. No one would have picked up Mike Hunt if he had been waived to Abbotsford.

Losing both Gadjovich and MacEwen to preserve all of Highmore, Dowling and Chiasson was just dumb.
Now it gets even better, it's starting to look like it may be best for Rathbone and Podkolzin to spend a decent amount of time in Abbotsford if just to get them away from Green and Baumgartner but, hey, look at the bright side, they have 5'9" Brad Hunt and 5'9" Nic Petan ready and willing to step right into their spots in the lineup.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Listening to the radio (The Fox) this morning and apparently a buddy relayed to Scotty that Luke Schenn and Zack MacEwen went out for beers after the game and Schenn was done with his interview. Just another reason to keep fighting in the game. :cheers:
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

donlever wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:00 am I believe there is one very important factor we are all passing over with respect to our coach.

;)
And Benning was drafted by the leaves and made his management bones in Boston. Donnie, I'm starting to think they're plants and this is an orchestrated ploy by the NHL and Bruins to make the Canuckville pay for the Gillis years of the team thumbing its nose at the NHL establishment and the leaves are complicit as they methodically want to eliminate the rest of the Canadian teams one by one, starting from the west coast working their way east, opening it up for them to ram the fake patriotism "Canada's Team" agenda down our collective throats as Toronto has with the baseball and basketball teams.

It's all making sense now, Bettman, Jeremy Jacobs, and Rogers are behind all this. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:23 pm
Cornuck wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:58 pm I am so fucking tired of this predictable power play. What a joke.
Flyers PP is creative & wonderful <3
Night and day difference.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:06 am It's all making sense now, Bettman, Jeremy Jacobs, and Rogers are behind all this. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!
Solid tongue in cheek post Curm.

Sad thing is it could have some form of validity to it....
DeLevering since 1999.