GDT: Flyers @ Canucks 7pm Oct 28, SPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Flyers @ Canucks 7pm Oct 28, SPAC

Post by Cornuck »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:40 pm I won't be surprised by a solid win tonight from Team Inconsistency. Usually when things are looking bleak and we're getting down, they amaze us with an inspiring performance.
5-2 Canucks
Worst. Prediction. Ever.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fuck what a boring game. Pettersson looks like he would rather be somewhere else. So disinterested. Miller is playing with his head up his ass. I’m glad I didn’t drop 180$ for a ticket. Team is so passive right now. Hughes is one of the few guys playing with some jam.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 am Fuck what a boring game. Pettersson looks like he would rather be somewhere else. So disinterested. Miller is playing with his head up his ass. I’m glad I didn’t drop 180$ for a ticket. Team is so passive right now. Hughes is one of the few guys playing with some jam.
I saw you stumble on the stairs and spill beer on everyone
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:17 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 am Fuck what a boring game. Pettersson looks like he would rather be somewhere else. So disinterested. Miller is playing with his head up his ass. I’m glad I didn’t drop 180$ for a ticket. Team is so passive right now. Hughes is one of the few guys playing with some jam.
I saw you stumble on the stairs and spill beer on everyone
It wasn't Blob, you must be mistaken.

He's still an old pro, he may stumble but the beer spill still hits his mouth....
DeLevering since 1999.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:44 am If they were moving on from Juolevi, okay, but there was no reason to pass on Cholowski (among other waiver fodder) for left side depth. No one would have picked up Mike Hunt if he had been waived to Abbotsford.

Losing both Gadjovich and MacEwen to preserve all of Highmore, Dowling and Chiasson was just dumb.
But by "dumb" you mean "genius", right?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:19 am

But by "dumb" you mean "genius", right?
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

You got that right and Garland is another, except in Garland's case playing with jam and being tied for the team lead in points, having the second most goals, and best +/- only got him just over 10 minutes of ice time last night which was third lowest of the forwards and would have been second lowest if Highmore didn't leave the game early.

Don't know what the team's strategy is, but I didn't think it would include dialing back Garland's "give a shit meter" and beating the jam and production out of him.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I wonder if Garland has had enough of the elf crap and thats why he shaved off the beard
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:52 am I wonder if Garland has had enough of the elf crap and thats why he shaved off the beard
Great point and it was something that crossed my mind when I saw it. I also think it's a mistake for his teammates to be making any comments or jokes about his height, I'd expect it's been a constant source of motivation for him over the years and coming from outsiders is one thing.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:06 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:52 am I wonder if Garland has had enough of the elf crap and thats why he shaved off the beard
Great point and it was something that crossed my mind when I saw it. I also think it's a mistake for his teammates to be making any comments or jokes about his height, I'd expect it's been a constant source of motivation for him over the years and coming from outsiders is one thing.
That said...he appeared a little less angry and more tentative than when he wore the elfish chin fur.

:eh:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

In the Lord of the Rings, the elves are clean shaven, and the dwarves have beards....so maybe he's embracing it?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:35 pm
In the Lord of the Rings, the elves are clean shaven, and the dwarves have beards....so maybe he's embracing it?
Ha! Corny with the wizard-like intuition
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

One of the Boeser exchanges with Green -- LINK
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Green about to get plank walked. Does he get a last cigarette?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:54 pm Why did SN hire an American to read the HNIC promos?

Is assimilation into the borg part of getting woke?
Just got around to reading this thread as I watched last night's game in the bosom of my family and..

Mind = Blown

Hand to God, I was an inch of posting almost almost exactly the same thing in response to Donny today right here:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 69#p454069

You the reader may doubt, and I wouldn't blame you, hey I hardly believe it myself.

But why would anyone make up something like that.

The thought had never come to me before, and I've never heard of anyone else ever put it that way, truly bizarre coinkydink!
____
Try to focus on someday.