GDT: 10/21/21 Nux @ BlackHawks 5:30 PST SNPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 10/21/21 Nux @ BlackHawks 5:30 PST SNPAC

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Yeah, the talking asshole that followed Burroughs around was extremely weird
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Travis Green Post Game Presser 5;28 min.
Green on Garland: "He's a feisty and creative guy. When he moves his feet you can see he's effective, especially in the offensive zone."
Green on Podkolzin: "It's a fine line. We've got a young man we really like. He's going to be a good player but he's still learning. Tonight was his time to sit and we'll see where we're at next game."
“Not a lot of mistakes made by our group. We managed the puck well, played a smart game and a hard game.”
🗣 Coach Green on his team’s performance
Thatcher Demko Post Game Presser 2;48 min.
“There was some stuff we wanted to clean up and we sustained a full 60 tonight. It’s a long roadie and it’s important for us to start the year with a good feeling.”🗣 Thatcher Demko
Brock Boeser Post Game Presser 4:28 min.
“It’s a huge bounce back. We talked about our effort and compete level, it was a big response from our team and we need to carry it into Seattle.”🗣 Brock Boeser
I'm glad Green basically left the lines intact for pretty much the entire game. It didn't look good to begin with; I thought oh no, here we go again, but they were able to finally develop some chemistry about mid second period. The other thing I noticed was an actual desire to have the puck on your stick as opposed to the recent get rid of it, pass it off routine. Much better..
"evolution"
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

so.. when will Petey wake up?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The main core from last year was great, but the new guys added are something else!

OEL the calm cool collected one, skills.

Garland he's a beast, he's a dog, he's a muthafuckin' problem. -Lil Wayne.

Dicky providing what was advertised, a strong two-way player.

Poolman, finally an uber defensive RD.

I liked Chiasson game out there, superb on the powerplay.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 pm What's with all the American culture and ebonics in the Sportnet hockey broadcasts?

If I were a younger man I would migrate to Siberia and open a hucho hucho taimen fishing tourism business to get away from the social agenda here.
Nah, Siberia is not a good place to be in.

Also, there is a covid surge going on in Russia right now. Less than half the population is vaccinated and they have just reached 1000 deaths per day. Putin has announced that everyone will have next week off and that stores (except those selling food) and movie theatres cannot be open.

And life expectancy for Russian men is a mere 67. Even lower than in the USA.

You don’t want to go there.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:04 pm The Elf!!!
Yup. We couldn’t get rid of a top notch EN scorer like Loui until we found someone that could fill those shoes.
Brilliant trade!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Per wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:59 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:38 pm What's with all the American culture and ebonics in the Sportnet hockey broadcasts?

If I were a younger man I would migrate to Siberia and open a hucho hucho taimen fishing tourism business to get away from the social agenda here.
Nah, Siberia is not a good place to be in.

Also, there is a covid surge going on in Russia right now. Less than half the population is vaccinated and they have just reached 1000 deaths per day. Putin has announced that everyone will have next week off and that stores (except those selling food) and movie theatres cannot be open.

And life expectancy for Russian men is a mere 67. Even lower than in the USA.

You don’t want to go there.
Great fishing though Per. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. It's my kind of place.

But I won't be heading over now at my age. The time to go was the 90's with the drunk in charge.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chase Chiasson is a Greener favourite, he reminds him of one of his all time favourites - Schallsy Tim Schaller, gettin’ skates on pucks, trapping it, while holding on to the boards
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Key players that seem to really make a difference in driving this team are Miller, Horvat and Hughes. Been that way for a while. When Pettersson is on his game, his creativity and shot are awesome. Boeser is a trigger man. with one of the best shots in the league. Garland looks to be a great addition with his tenacity and skills, though he is adventurous. Larssen is more then decent defensively and has an upside to his offensive game I didn't realize.
Bonuses will be if Rathbone can keep getting better and if Dickinson can be that 3rd center we really need who can contribute on both offense and defense.
Green hadn't been deploying the troops to well till last night when he rode the hell out of the 649 line and damned if it didn't work. They got their chemistry back and looked much better.
Demko is vital for any hopes of success. If the defensive game for the Canucks can keep his workload at a reasonably modest rate,
no reason to think sixty / plus games should be a problem.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

To me the team, as a whole, does not look to be in sync. Passes are off. They are getting owned in the middle of the ice, too many lost pucks and allowing other teams to transition too easily. They have cut down on the D zone run arounds but the fire tire routine is still there.

I watch them and I think where is the chemistry. Perhaps after two years of massive turnover both years it will just take time. They don't have a flow to their game yet. No cohesion.

They need to improve drastically in F/O and on special teams. They just look off and like they are struggling in so many areas.

They should be scoring more.

On the PP Pettersson needs to take every one timer he can and get his shot on net back. He is stopping almost every pass and trying to make a fancy play. Miller needs to stop turning the puck over. To get out of this funk on the PP we need shots, shots and more shots. Just hammer the frigging puck. At least number 23 isn't hitting shin pads anymore LOL.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:58 am To me the team, as a whole, does not look to be in sync. Passes are off. They are getting owned in the middle of the ice, too many lost pucks and allowing other teams to transition too easily. They have cut down on the D zone run arounds but the fire tire routine is still there.
Despite the comforting win, this team is still a big work in progress. A momentum shift could have easily changed the outcome of this one. But hey- 2 points and we're a little happier with a .500 team. A win tomorrow and we can call this a successful road trip and start a 7 game home stand, with more practice time.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:05 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:58 am To me the team, as a whole, does not look to be in sync. Passes are off. They are getting owned in the middle of the ice, too many lost pucks and allowing other teams to transition too easily. They have cut down on the D zone run arounds but the fire tire routine is still there.
Despite the comforting win, this team is still a big work in progress. A momentum shift could have easily changed the outcome of this one. But hey- 2 points and we're a little happier with a .500 team. A win tomorrow and we can call this a successful road trip and start a 7 game home stand, with more practice time.
It takes time to come together and Green playing Dries and Fucked on the 2nd last preseason game surely didn't help.

Those that predicted a slow first 20 games were bang on me thinks
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:05 am
It will be no mean feat to win the Kraken franchise home opener in Seattle's brand new digs with them rested and the Canucks ending a long road trip.
The start of the Canucks first home stand will be very difficult, too.
None of Minnesota (3-0), Philly (2-0-1), and Edmonton (4-0) have lost in regulation yet.
A 1-3 record or worse in the next four games won't be surprising, especially if the top line can't play better.
If they can maintain their current 500 record coming out of these next four games, they will have done okay.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:28 am If they can maintain their current 500 record coming out of these next four games, they will have done okay.
Yep - I'm not expecting miracles just because we're playing at home - but the added practice time should help right the ship.

I'm sure I'm not the only one hoping we ruin the krackhead's home opener and get the rivalry off to a good start. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Topper wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:23 pm What the fuck is up with Pettersson's stride? He looks like a 4 year old girl on picks. Is he doing good shot with the rocket on his blades again?

Did the Canucks fly in Kane's limo puck bunny bimbos for the event?
https://twitter.com/babybergy37_/status ... 4439478277